What did you eat lastnight?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well it was a choose of pasta or fish n chips from the chippy last night, didnt feel like cooking, hubby and daughter wanted chippy ,so that is what it was..:confused:.Id been quite satified with a bowl of pasta personally,...so many less calories.!!

lol hubby wanted chippy tonight but my heart was set on BLT on Panini with home made chips,i now i have an IOU for the chippy for the next time i can't be @rsed :lol:

ha, you caught me on a good night !
mine was a tuna salad with a low cal dressing.
followed by a little aero chocolate mousse.

often during the week i eat salad because its quicker when i have finished work late.

i do love to cook though and make a good effort over the weekend and on monday we have dinner for 7 when we all get together . last menu was
roast pork,
roast gammon,
roast potatoes,
cabbage,
carrots.
cauliflower and broccolli.
followed by fresh strawberry pavlova and fresh fruit salad.

i like to cook a big dinner so there are leftovers for the next day or 2.

hi fellow geeks,
we had pork chops cooked with sweet & sour sauce roasted onions & garlic with pasta, fresh chives & pineapple mint out of the garden plus salad. Finished of with rasberry + cream:lol:

Well, I had a client last night (I usually work 4 nights a week) so I didn't have any tea....... I've done the same thing today - worked til 2pm, came home and had prawn cocktail with a bread roll and a yoghurt. Then had some biscuits with my cup of coffee and now I'm full. So, I've got 2 clients tonight meaning I'll leave here at 6:15, get back about 9:30 and I wont have any tea again.......

That's the story of my week really - I only eat hot food at the weekends......

we were adventurous last night and i made pan fried sea bass with fennel butter with new potatoes and peas and sweetcorn......tonight i think i am going to make prawn curry.

I love Sea Bass - must try to get some for tomorrow.

We have our main meal during the daytime and then a light snack in the evening, so last night I had Cauliflower & Broccolli soup (home made of course) and Sean had Cornflakes! We're on a bit of a health kick so are trying to cut down - Sean's done really well, lost almost 3 stone in 6 weeks whereas I've only lost 10lbs - I hate him and have now started putting extra sugar on his cornflakes in the evening to try to slow him down a bit! :twisted:

Hmmm, I had roast chicken, baby jacket potatoes, peas, carrots and brussel sprouts with a soya yoghurt for pudding ~ was very nice!

Tonight I have got chicken stir fry (using up the rest of the roast chicken from last night!)

I'm starving now! xx

I love Sea Bass - must try to get some for tomorrow.

We have our main meal during the daytime and then a light snack in the evening, so last night I had Cauliflower & Broccolli soup (home made of course) and Sean had Cornflakes! We're on a bit of a health kick so are trying to cut down - Sean's done really well, lost almost 3 stone in 6 weeks whereas I've only lost 10lbs - I hate him and have now started putting extra sugar on his cornflakes in the evening to try to slow him down a bit! :twisted:

Wow 3 stone in 6 weeks,how did he manage that?

Hmmmm last night we had an "end of term and well done Chloe and Claire" tea party!!

We had spinach and garlic pasta (brown)

Peri Peri Chicken Kebabs, cherry toms, cucumber and sweet fire peppers and yes I made them myself, oh except the peri peri that was nandos sauce!!! lol

Friut kebabs (strawbs, blueberries, pineapple and melon)

Crisps

Egg Mayo Rolls

And Chocolate cake

This was like a little buffet, kids loved it, and Claire but as usual by the time I had made it I had lost my apetite!!:eek:

Oh just remembered it was wshed down with a large jug of Pimms!!! Didnt loose my apetite for that!!! LMAO

Last edited:
Wow 3 stone in 6 weeks,how did he manage that?

All he's done is stop drinking beer (most of the guys at work just stop him there when he tells them that!) and we're both walking every day, he does between 6 and 8 miles a day (I do a measly 4 miles a day) and eating sensibly - cereal for breakfast, a proper main meal at lunchtime (kills me that, I like my main meal in the evening, oh well) and then something light in the evening, usually cornflakes for him, soup for me. We've cut out all snacks in between, we used to be bad for snacking. But we do go out occasionally for a meal so we're not dieting to the extreme - it's just his weight is coming off a lot quicker than mine - I'm not a happy bunny! Although I was a lazy cow for the first few weeks and hardly did any walking - that soon changed when I saw the weight dropping off him!

Sorry Carl, didn't mean to hijack your thread! :)

Jackie

Last night was true West Indian style - chicken curry, roti and basmati rice.
Today - Southern Fried chicken with roasted vegetables and salad. XX

God, I'm hungry now..... I just have soup again for tonight. :cry:

We had Hungarian goulash which I made from scratch. Alex had his with rice, and I had mine with stir fried savoy cabbage with mustard seeds and coriander seeds. I don't eat carbs so had that instead of the rice.
It was scrummy too!

All he's done is stop drinking beer (most of the guys at work just stop him there when he tells them that!) and we're both walking every day, he does between 6 and 8 miles a day (I do a measly 4 miles a day) and eating sensibly - cereal for breakfast, a proper main meal at lunchtime (kills me that, I like my main meal in the evening, oh well) and then something light in the evening, usually cornflakes for him, soup for me. We've cut out all snacks in between, we used to be bad for snacking. But we do go out occasionally for a meal so we're not dieting to the extreme - it's just his weight is coming off a lot quicker than mine - I'm not a happy bunny! Although I was a lazy cow for the first few weeks and hardly did any walking - that soon changed when I saw the weight dropping off him!

Sorry Carl, didn't mean to hijack your thread! :)

Jackie

Mmm well done to you both eh!

Ive just eaten a scrummy dinner, sausages in a mustard sauce and cauliflower cheese...absolutly love Richmond sausages, could eat them every day.:)

Last edited:
I had a fry up tonight had no dinner or breakfast too nervous lol

Yesterday I skipped breakfast and lunch as I often do depending on appointments.

For dinner we had lamb steaks with a rosemary sauce, baby new potatoes, long stem broccoli, courgettes and spinach, oh, and I had a G&T for starters.:)

Oooh! a foodie thread - nice one Carl!:)

OK, last night I had pork steaks roasted, with cooked new pots that were then roasted served on bed of spinach (frozen from Tesco!)_My aperitif was numerous dry martini & lemonades.

Tonight however, I have made, from scratch, lamb kofta kebabs on skewers & homemade minced lean steak burgers, we're also having griddled salmon, new pots & griddled courgettes - hubby's out there now BBQ'ing!
Oh yes, I'm also on my second glass of chilled white wine.
Followed by blackberries & natural low fat yougurt.

No fat in sight - only on me - temporarily!:lol:

Last edited:
Hubby Had fish pie (homemade) I had a strawberry shake, I am doing liprotrim diet so can only have shakes and water:cry: but at least the weight is comimg off fast:)

mmm we had roast chicken pieces, roast potatoes and peas. Real boring compared to everyone else.

Latest posts

Back