Which geeks do you most admire and why !

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Weezie, Red Ruby, Ruth Mills, Tonnilee, Oey, Peter Pan, Bev Rose, Purple Rose, Geeg, Cro-Maria, Zo Zo, Tracey Parks, Jmel and so many others. I am sorry if I missed you off and please don't be offended.

WOW!! That's my name!!! Thank you so much honey. TBH I'm really shocked as I consider myself still very much a newbie here. I shall spend my day buzzing around with my head held high. (Although on second thoughts I'm teaching waxing today so perhaps better stay calm - I might go wild and start yanking eyebrows off lol).

Many thanks again - you've made my day

Joy xx

Wow, well i have to say that i admire anyone who is willing to help another out, the people that stick out for me is obviously the one and only Geeg, she is a true inspiration, Mr and Mrs Sweet for all their help, advise and this website, Carl (Nailzoo for all the newbies who are not sure who he is) for all his advice and his ability to say it how it is and his awsome video's, Clare Wilson (Clara Doon) for all her help and support, she's a fab Trainer and friend, Collin and Wowbb for their advise they give out every day, last but definately not least Bev (Bev Rose) for all her help and advise she has given me through the years, she is the first geek i met and we hit it off straight away, whenever i have had a problem i knew i could go to Bev and ask her opinion and she's work with me to iron out the kinks, she is a true friend and collegue. There are countless geeks on here that i admire but i cannot name them all as we'd be here alllll day!! lol. Just know you are all special in your own unique way.:hug:

Can I take the credit for being the Carl that everyone likes? no? .....damn. :lol:

there are a lot of very helpful geeks but one that springs to mind has to be An*Gel she is very inspirational and always so friendly and helpful, is fantastic at her work and never hesitates to pass on her tips and hints

Wow... my name??? :eek:

I wasn't expecting that... and from lenna.. WOW even better!!

I'm thrilled that someone of your experience in the industry thinks that I'm inspirational. Thank you so much, you really have made my day:hug:

Ooops meant to say, the feeling is mutual!!

Del3 has my admiration for always being there as a friend and shoulder to lean on, she brings a smile to my face :) oh and also a :smack: if I need it lol.

Thought this was worth copying and pasting from another thread....ref the Mod's

They are indeed sweeties and each and every one of them brings a different quality and perspective to the table....

Naturalnails is always there doing the right thing whenever and as often as she can and truly epitomized the professionalism of this site :hug:...

London nails is someone whom ive not gotten to know but clearly is someone who knows her stuff and doesn't suffer fools gladly(its a German thing which I know only to well from my wife) :eek:

And of course Adele...what can we say about Adell...just one of those people that you don't even need to know to much but just..well sticks in your minds eye as someone "special":hug:

Valencian Nails is someone not to be messed with but has truly a heart of gold ..a hard outer crust but a mash mellow inside:hug:

Bagpuss...is my kind of lady though ...lots of crap flying about but simply looks on the positive side of life always and always has a level headed and kind word to say to everyone...I know at times ive been down and she has sent me a PM and both cheered me up and helped me put perspective back into things :hug:

As for "the worker" well we dont know who the heck she/is.....LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
I would say the geeks who have helped me are...Dawn and Steve Nouvatan and Kim Lawless. But I live for posts from scottydolly (where are you!!???!!) and liana kay, as they are usually very good help for any hair colour questions. Also I love VHunters posts...I look for them! So much fun but always good quality contributions. TBH there are so many who have helped me in my short time on here, thanks guys and gals!! :) xxx

BEWARE: I got a little long winded. SORRY, but bear with me, there is a point LOL

Victoria is very interesting with her wonderful and colorful views

:lol: This made me giggle .. "colourful" hehehe I suppose I can be ;)

I bet you were singing along there and tapping your feet like the old days weren't cha???
Yuppers, guilty as charged.... I'll bet most of us were.
We recently subscribed to a tv station for the kids that features alll the oooolllld shows from my childhood. I try to make it a point to watch that particular one with them. The girls' refer to the station as "momma's old shows' hehehe

VHunter - As she is not only very honest, but is not afraid to express an opinion that may be otherwise unpopular. Victoria always has a huge sense of 'real' about her, understanding everybodys circumstances are different and inspiring others to work around any obstacles.
Ohhhh thank you so very much:hug:

I wish I could find that old thread :cry:
For those not in the know.... here's a recap of what I can remember having posted:

When I first joined this forum, it was as a newbie to the industry (in some ways) with only the pitiful and limited training that is here in Quebec. My knowledge was abysmal and my work... ummmm let's not go there :eek:. Due to another forum continually patting me on the back as opposed to constructive critiqe...well, I arrived on this doorstep with a chip.
Gigi (Geeg) and I butt heads on a few occasions and she firmly pointed me in the right direction and "kicked me arse". In all fairness though, she didn't know me and I didn't know her... and we both gave each other a few unjust shots BUUUUTTTT NOW she is one of my dearest pals and mentors.

With thanks to the people of these forums, I now have a successful business and can confidently say I'm better skilled and more knowledgeable than any tech in my immediate neighborhood. They told me about wonderful books by Doug & Marian & Geeg (PROUD to say I have an autographed copy of Geeg's, soon to get a new release from Doug).
I trolled the threads, ate up the tutorials, watched vids by Carl.... I ate up all that knowledge like a starving dog.
My questions posted were always informatively answered. My 'critiques' were given to me constructively with no malice.
(to note: I still have MUCH to learn and I INTEND to, no matter the obstacles that bar my way)

ANNNNNNNNNND with thanks to all the lovely geeks on this forum that make it what it is, I am where I am now, and my business grows more every day. Just yesterday, my husband said to me "I was talking about you at work today. 5yrs ago, I really didn't think this would work out and thought it was a waste of time. Now I know different, and I told them how much you make per month, and they were surprised. I'm very proud of you sweetie". Yes, he said those exact words, then asked me about what I wanted to do next, to invest in the business and he said to me "whatever you think is best, I trust you and will help you do that".
I nearly cried.

It's because of all of you that I am here. It's because of all of you, that my husband spoke those words.
Without all of your support, knowledge, constructive critiques, pushes in the right direction....... I would have thrown in the towel (umm maybe not that far, I'm just too damned stubborn LMFAO)
Without you geeks, I would have been back in the Investment industry, working in a stuffy office, doing overtime and barely seeing my children.
Being my own woman, running my own business, I CAN be a fulltime mom at the same time and be there every single time that they need me and NEVER miss a thing!

I know now that I CAN reach for the stars and touch them. I have more goals and roadblocks ahead... but I know that my fellow geeks will push me on and share in my successes and support me in failures.

IF I could get here, ANY one of you newbies could be here too.
It's all here for you, on this forum.
You just have to grab on and persevere.
There is no other forum like this one. I say this from EXPERIENCE on other kinds of forums. Salongeek is Unique in EVERY way and UNMATCHED!!

Again, for those not in the know.
I'm a humbug pig (the ones from Marks & Spencer) and they remind me of my Nana. My English Nana was/is very precious to me, and lost to me when I was 16yrs old.
My fellow geeks gave me my Nana at my wedding by sending me enough humbugs for my bonbonniers (candies given to guests).
If that is not love, if that is not a sense of family, if that is not support....... I do not know what is then.

That is why I owe this site so much. That is why I love geeks so much and that is why when someone comes along and takes a 'stab' at one of my family members, I turn into a dragon lady.
If you have a problem with that - TOO BAD:lol:

Sooooooooooooooooooooo who do I most admire?
The members that make up this site and made me what I am today.

(BUT I still want to go on a world tour for my 1-2-1 training LMFAO)

:hug:

London nails is someone whom ive not gotten to know but clearly is someone who knows her stuff and doesn't suffer fools gladly(its a German thing which I know only to well from my wife) :eek:

Ahh bless ya Collin, yep a german thing, but then again it could be that I have a been around the block a few times thing lol......but thanks and I take this as a huge compliment....

As for who do I admire most.....how long have you got and is there enough bandwidth????
But I do have to say that I admire Samuel, if he hadn't had this crazy idea in the first place, then you wouldn't be reading this!!!!!!!!!

(was that OK Samuel, and can you mail me that £5 you promised me for posting nice things about you LOL)

MWAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAA xxxxx

There are so many geeks who I admire. I am still quite a new member (compared to some!) and i have never known there to be such a huge level of support from any other forum.

This year I lost my daughter and the continued, overwhelming sense of care that I had from some geeks was inspirational. I honestly don't think I would have made it through those early days without the constant stream of Pm's. Those who were willing to draw on personal experience (which must be so painful for them also) to help guide me through my grief. I dont think there would be any other place online that I could receive so much support.

So although Im not an amazing nail tech or world class waxer I do feel really at home here and definately part of a family.

There are some geeks whose posts I definately look out for as they are always packed full of information, giving fantastic advice or just making me laugh! Martin Duffy, Geeg, Carl, Kim Lawless, Lynn Baker, Victoria are just a few names that spring to mind :) xx

Hi, what a great thread ...... I too think Angelina has a great business head on her shoulders and is fantastic with her relplies , lisa 82 is always so thoughtful and kind , :hug: Bagpuss is so level headed helpful kind and honest, Valencian nails is so very helpful and very kind she is just like fifitrix who is also brilliant and has a very kind heart x Thank you fifitrix x :hug:
collin who wafts his tail for us every day makes me laugh with his quick wit and banter and wowb too :)
leonnib has worked very hard in her new business and she always answers lots questions for people, Victoria is very interesting with her wonderful and colorful views ,
peterpan is fab and an inspiration , Angelfingers gives out some fantastic information Kim is fab with information and a great business woman

Carl and Geeg are very very gifted and talented and the advice and demos are brilliant , Mr and Mrs Sweet do a fabulous job, :hug:
the list is endless
Lucy dog works hard and loves her job doing her nail extensions ..... she quietly chugs along and produces some fantastic work and is such a lovely caring person ,

Annie23 has some great thought provoking posts
Persianista makes me laugh with her straight talking and very knowledgeable replies, Scottydolly with his vast knowledge of colour

Ruth Mills is very intelligent and is always most hepful Sonia is fab too and puggy and and all the animals are lovely
Zo Zo is very helpful and makes for an interesting and intelligent read as does marion and mum too ,
Iizziedoll Dee and del are fab Lellipop is wonderful , and kelsha has some fun posts and is always kind and considerate

Persianista makes me laugh with her straight talking and very knowledgeable replies, Scottydolly is so funny especially when he falls in love with a new product and he's great with his colour knowledge

Liana kay is very good on answering any colour questions too
Katelisa , emmsybabes is cool and always helpful
xniceylou lancashirelass are always helpful and are fab extensionists so is tammyfromleicester,
Nafias posts are refreshing and always so good to read and so are Katelistas ,

Mercedes whose personality is fab and those cup cakes on her avatar that I always want to eat.... Joanne who is a fab at what she has achieved , Jeni Giles is such a brilliant hairdressing teacher
her posts are brilliant , where are you Jenny ?
Sophisticuts is very knowledgeable always helpful too , Paulette in her quest for the perfect long lasting cool ash blonde is so helpful with her posts , and the list goes on and on
debs32 is so caring and such a hard worker , pretty in pink is always helpful

littlegrohls posts are fab and funny , and mrs clooneys are very interesting.... deehair has some great posts , Marioned makes for some good reading , and there is a special geek on here who I like chatting to about growing her own fruit and veg and thats Nora ..... Nora also gives some fabulous hair advice :hug:
and if I have forgotten to mention you its only cos I am tired now and Im off to bed :lol: :zzz:
I thank all the lovely people I have spoken to on here and the mods for making it such a pleasure and well worth while to visit salon geek and make friends

Who do I admire...too many to mention!!....but reading Minky's post had me nodding the most in agreement with every one she mentions lol! (apart from one name :o....but thanks;))

I also would like to mention Martigirl who has been an absolute star, helping me with various things, and for the miracle of making me look and feel great before a big do I attended lately. :hug:....and for the way she works away behinds the scenes on here helping everyone with her experience and skin care know how.

I was also going to mention Minky, as I feel the Hair Geeks tend to be the minority on here, although that is changing slowly but surely.Although I know nothing about hair, I love reading posts by Minky who really goes out of her way to help everyone on the Hair forum, and on the Business Forum too at times.

Heck we are all great aren't we in our own ways lol !!!

Even that catsaremad person comes up with some good threads now and again!!! ;)

Who do I admire...too many to mention!!....but reading Minky's post had me nodding the most in agreement with every one she mentions lol! (apart from one name :o....but thanks;))

I also would like to mention Martigirl who has been an absolute star, helping me with various things, and for the miracle of making me look and feel great before a big do I attended lately. :hug:....and for the way she works away behinds the scenes on here helping everyone with her experience and skin care know how.

I was also going to mention Minky, as I feel the Hair Geeks tend to be the minority on here, although that is changing slowly but surely.Although I know nothing about hair, I love reading posts by Minky who really goes out of her way to help everyone on the Hair forum, and on the Business Forum too at times.

Heck we are all great aren't we in our own ways lol !!!

Even that catsaremad person comes up with some good threads now and again!!! ;)

I can only enhance what is already there xxxxx:hug:

I have to say that I love you all:hug: You all add something. I am some what reluctant to reply to posts, as I am new, and there are times, although I think I know the answer I hang back and read all the other replies and that way I also continue to grow in my knowledge. You also share my woes and joys via my blogs and give me the support and confidence that I need and generally I come away from the site feeling more upbeat and confident. So all of you geeks, do the following: take your left hand and crossing it over the front of your body, place it on your left shoulder, now take your right hand and crossing it over the front of your body place it on your right shoulder, now squeeze both hands and arms............ I have just given you all a virtual hug:lol:

What i good thread!! Em im still pretty new here so im still getting to know everyone but so far..
Catsaremad(sue) for being sooo generous when i joined :) and for opening my eyes to sculpting! thanks again sue xx
An*gel, TraceyLouise for answering silly questions and taking to the time to check out my (tiny) album
Collin for just being hilarious! and cheering me up when i was having a particularly bad day :hug:
Steve for being the very first person to respond to me and helping me out pick my 5008.. but then forgetting me soon after! :) (i know now though how many people actually ask the "which tan machine" question so thanks for even replying!
Everyone really who takes the time to help others out here, its a really inspirational place! Thanks everyone x:hug:

There are so many geeks I admire the main ones are probably,

Babsann as she just has so much knowledge about pretty much every treatment and we have the same sense of humor :)

Gabi (I can't remember your new username!) for all the rants we had a about a certain company many moons ago and her love of skincare and all things french !!

Adele, because even though I have never really chatted with her, I find her such an uplifting person and a great double act with carl aka nailzoo :lol:

Axiom for knowing absolutley everything there is to know about waxing.

Must stop now otherwise will be here all day !

There are so many geeks I admire the main ones are probably,

Babsann as she just has so much knowledge about pretty much every treatment and we have the same sense of humor :)

Gabi (I can't remember your new username!) for all the rants we had a about a certain company many moons ago and her love of skincare and all things french !!

Adele, because even though I have never really chatted with her, I find her such an uplifting person and a great double act with carl aka nailzoo :lol:

Axiom for knowing absolutley everything there is to know about waxing.

Must stop now otherwise will be here all day !

Ahhhhhhh how kind, my efforts are noticed - thank you:hug:

i love you all. plain and simple. and as things are tough for me right now, i feel that i can come here, read threads, get involved, or jsut browse and be amongst great people with no hassle or pressure.

I am so glad i found you all!

tigi
xx

Geeks come and go but the ones who you can always rely on our Samuel and the Mods :)

Hi, yes Geek do come and go ..... and it's a shame they go.... as some give some great and valuable in put along the way :)
Like Natsel, Scotty Dolly and Jeni Jiles :hug:

Latest posts

Back