Wimbledon - who else is supporting Andy Murray?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glitz

Reaction score
Well here I am again now that Wimbledon is on hardly able to tear myself away from the telly but god I love it (I couldnt hit a ball if it was rolled to me let alone at the speed of a tennis ball). I have every confidence that Andy Murray will get to the final and give us a dare I say a "NAIL BITING" final. I will be an absolute wreck by the end of next week. Who else thinks he is in with a good chance this year?

ME!!!

I can be found sitting on the edge of my sofa shouting, waving my arms around, punching the air and getting funny looks from my husband! :lol:

He is amazing me this year and yes, I really do think we may have a chance to win it. Although all this talk about the Queen going along to watch Murray in the finals will surely put the poor lad off. :confused:

I think he's in with a good chance although I wonder if he's a bit disappointed that Nadal's not in the tournament this year . . if he does win, will the public think oh well the boy done good but what if Nadal had been taking part, would the outcome have been the same?
But he's had a few great matches upto now.
Lucky me - I'm off work all next week so I can watch as much tennis as I like! can't wait!

I used to love Wimbledon but I find it boring nowadays as I don't know any of them. I loved the days of:

Andre Agassi, Boris Becker, Roger Federer, Steffi Graf, Martina Hingis, Goran Ivanisevic, Martina Navrátilová, Pete Sampras, Monica Seles, Serena Williams, Venus Williams

Good old days

I Love wimbeldon! Im a nightmare this fortnight, anyone is very lucky to get any work out of me, lol!
I really hope Andy does it this year, Im a big fan of him. He played amazing yesterday. Go Andy!!!! lol

Everyone, surely??

I am gutted Nadal had to pull out this year as it would have been even more exciting with him Fedderer and Andy Murray.
Murray v Fedderer for the final....what a match that will be!!!!

Leighton Hewitt is doing great this year too........but I felt so sorry for Andy Murray;s opponent yesterday he was totally outplayed and couln't get into the game at all.

I would have thought most of Britain would be behind Andy Murray!

I sure will be sitting on the edge of my seat cheering him on. Nadal must be gutted but if Andy gets to the final or, dare I think it, wins is no easy task and what an achievement that would be - nothing would detract from it! x

I'm addicted to Wimbledon too. We have to go to Devon next weekend for a stag/hen weekend, so I will be desperately hoping we get home on time on Sunday afternoon!

I'm not totall keen on Murray's attitutde, and understand why some don't like hm, but I think you have to have a certain amount of arrogance to become a champion. John McEnroe had a stinking attitude at times but was one of the greatest players ever seen and is a living legend, so I'm prepared to forgive Murray! After seeing him play yesterday I think he's almost certain to be in the final. He has a better record against Federer than Nadal, so it could be a fantastic match. I think the ladies will be a boring all Williams affair - they are blasting everyone off the court.

about as much as I support the Scottish National Football team :)

I wish Andy all the very best this afternoon and yes I thinks he stands a very good chance of winning :lol:

Oh you do yourself proud :lol::lol::lol:

It's daft innit? One question - if there was an English player, as good as Murray, how much exposure would he get then?

lol - this is English desperation at it's best! Murray once quoted that he'd support any football team that played against England - so I say; come on Roger!! :)

It's daft innit? One question - if there was an English player, as good as Murray, how much exposure would he get then?

lol - this is English desperation at it's best! Murray once quoted that he'd support any football team that played against England - so I say; come on Roger!! :)

You ask any young Scot who they would support in the World Cup once we are out of it (if we were even in it lol) you would get the same answer..."whoevers playing England"

It actually is nothing against the English team to be honest, just all the media hype and the English sports presenters bias that really gets up our Scottish noses!!

I think Andy Murray is no longer that naive young boy, and would never voice or even have similar sentiments now.
So, let it go !!;)

If there was an English player as good as Andy then the Media Bandwagon would be in overdrive, I think Tim Henman got more coverage and he, by his own admission, was not as good as Andy Murray.

I always supported Tim Henman, who was and is an excellent Ambassador for his sport and the UK!

You ask any young Scot who they would support in the World Cup once we are out of it (if we were even in it lol) you would get the same answer..."whoevers playing England"

It actually is nothing against the English team to be honest, just all the media hype and the English sports presenters bias that really gets up our Scottish noses!!

I think Andy Murray is no longer that naive young boy, and would never voice or even have similar sentiments now.
So, let it go !!;)

If there was an English player as good as Andy then the Media Bandwagon would be in overdrive, I think Tim Henman got more coverage and he, by his own admission, was not as good as Andy Murray.

I always supported Tim Henman, who was and is an excellent Ambassador for his sport and the UK!

Well said.

At the end of the day, it is not about being English or Scottish. Andy Murray represents Great Britain, and as a British tennis fan, I support him.

Well as a Scot who has lived in England for many years I can honestly say that I will always support Scotland first and foremost, but if we were out of the running then I DO support England. Shhhhhh!!! Don't tell my uncles that though, they'd never forgive me!! :lol:

But lets face it Andy Murray is 100 times better than Tim Henman ever was - and we all supported him didn't we? He's playing Wimbledon with his 'British' hat on so does the old Scotland V England thing even come in to it?

(Although if he wins then obviously it's becaue he's a wonderful and talented Scotman! :green:)

Well said.

At the end of the day, it is not about being English or Scottish. Andy Murray represents Great Britain, and as a British tennis fan, I support him.

Murray represents GB, because it suits the English lol :)

True, but Ithink you'll find he plays for Great Britain in the Davis Cup.

of that there is no doubt; but the English will latch onto any 'British' player. I think you'll find that the Scottish Nationalists will not call him 'British'.

Funny how Colin Montgomery or Padraig Harrington are not though of as 'British'. It is only because Tennis (and especially Wimbledon), are thought of so patriotically. . .

Well we certainly seem to have a good rally going on here!!
Deuce!

I think if Andy wins he will be a British champion...if he loses he will be a dour Scot. IMHO.

Funny though my greatest sporting hero is Sir Jackie Stewart and he is always thought of as a Scot.

Anyway....advantage izzidoll ??

I think if Andy wins he will be a British champion...if he loses he will be a dour Scot. IMHO.

quote]

I think you are spot on there lol!

Latest posts

Back