Anyone else rebalance weekly?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sals

Reaction score
I've noticed lately that my nails seem to be growing like billy-o! If I'm just wearing a natural overlay I can usually go a week and a half to 2 weeks before they need doing, cos it doesn't show so much.

Last Thursday I did them a dark red and now I've got 3mm growth :eek:(measured them with a ruler; no, I'm not very busy today:lol:)! I used to be able to go nearly 3 weeks.

My diet hasn't changed or anything, but I have started sculpting instead of tipping and 5 nails are NNOs. Would this have anything to do with it?

I'm not complaining (although hubby will tonight when he's trying to watch the footy and I'm filing away:green:) just interested in your thoughts.

I think my nails could do with rebalancing weekly, I don't know how people manage to go 2.5-3 weeks mine look dreadful after 2.

Nails do grow much faster in the summer months, maybe thats it.

Mine always need rebalancing after 10 days but I do try to stretch it because I hate doing my own soooo much:irked:

I can let mine go about 2 weeks quite easily, but sometimes 3 if I'm wearing a light coloured gel.

I need to do mine every week, both my hair and nails grow super fast(which is great!) but its a bit of a pain fitting it in every week. I also have a couple of clients who would probably come every week too, but again its the time factor.:hug:

mine always look like they could do with redoing after 7-10 days, and yet i dont feel my nails grow quickly, i mean its taken since jan for my nails (the damaged crappy ones lol) to grow a tiny bit, yet when i wear enhancments they must grow , cos they need rebalancing before 2 weeks, way before lol

I've always been grateful that my nails grow quite slowly. I hate rebalancing mine, although I love doing other peoples'. Mine go 3 weeks easily.

I've always been grateful that my nails grow quite slowly. I hate rebalancing mine, although I love doing other peoples'. Mine go 3 weeks easily.

I dread doing my own too! So painstakingly long... :eek:
I rebalance around 1.5-2 wks. The only thing that makes me wait 2 weeks is how much I dislike fiddling with my own nails (love doing others').

You're lucky your nails grow slowly. Mine grow super fast.

Im still at the stage where i am playing around so much i rarely rebalance.. usually i take them of and start again.. complete change.. now im sculpting i may keep this set on longer.. but after about 10 days they need something done to clean them up...

Mine always need rebalancing after 10 days but I do try to stretch it because I hate doing my own soooo much:irked:

Totally agree & I'm the same, could do with being done every 10 days or so but its harder to get the time to do your own so don't always do it if possible till after 2 weeks. But mine do grow fast, look great but drive me mad!! :)

Totally agree & I'm the same, could do with being done every 10 days or so but its harder to get the time to do your own so don't always do it if possible to after 2weeks. But mine do grow fast, look great but drives me mad!! :) Mine are NNO!! :)

Soak off at the 7-12 day mark (depends how bored I have got with the colour) I never ever have the same colour set after set, and I get bored with p&W within 2-3 days and end up stripping them off and doing something else... it takes me too long to file down and R/B my own (RSI) so its quicker and less painfull to just spend 20 mins soaking the lot off.

Soak off at the 7-12 day mark (depends how bored I have got with the colour) I never ever have the same colour set after set, and I get bored with p&W within 2-3 days and end up stripping them off and doing something else... it takes me too long to file down and R/B my own (RSI) so its quicker and less painfull to just spend 20 mins soaking the lot off.
haha.. i get you mate.. Im exactly the same.. get far to bored easily with the set i have to bother keeping it.. and soak em off!

I do mine between 2 to 3 weeks. They stay nice and mine don,t grow to fast even though i get bored of the color fast. I really don,t like to do mine since it goes so slow and i feel so clumsy if i have to do my right hand. Sometimes i think it,s good aswell if a customer says that i did something wrong and they look the way how they are because of me. Then i show them mine and they are still the same as the first day, only with some outgrowth...and then they admit all the forbidden chores they did with them :green:

Latest posts

Back