biggest mistakes when training?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i took my tv remote to the shop last sat .... but thats coz i woz drunk an thought it was my mobile... erm...should keep off the wine! xxxx:irked:
Guess the reception wasn't too good that day! LOL

I think the worst thing that I have done was mistaking my resin activator for the sanitiser spray when doing my fibreglass, still makes me blush now thinking about it. The packaging was all the same, that's my excuse anyway! :o

Had a tube of resin (glue) burst and glued my pants to my leg along with the tube to my hand

You all think gluing your fingers to stuff is bad. I once glued my tongue to my bottom lip with gelbond:eek:.

I was in a mad rush to go out when I broke a nail part of the way across. I didn't even have time to file it off so I put a bit of nail glue on as a temporary fix.

Then I touched my nail to my lip, like when you want to see if polish is dry:smack:. Mistake number 1.

Mistake number 2. - my lip felt strange so I licked it.

There you have it, tongue glued to lip.

In my defence, I was running VERY late that morning, and had not had my morning milo.

well me and hubby are sitting here in tears reading this, i have pains cos i have laughed so much sorry guys

i have glued fingers to tips etc, think we have all done that

but as some of you know of my disastarous day thurs, the worst thing ive done is soak off my nails in acetone instead of product remover (which i am extremly sensitive to) and overfile my nails, then stick a knife through the already sore , thin nails trying to remove a splinter arrrggghhhhhh

You all think gluing your fingers to stuff is bad. I once glued my tongue to my bottom lip with gelbond:eek:.

I was in a mad rush to go out when I broke a nail part of the way across. I didn't even have time to file it off so I put a bit of nail glue on as a temporary fix.

Then I touched my nail to my lip, like when you want to see if polish is dry:smack:. Mistake number 1.

Mistake number 2. - my lip felt strange so I licked it.

There you have it, tongue glued to lip.

In my defence, I was running VERY late that morning, and had not had my morning milo.

OMG - how's you get out of that one??

IN training there was one particular lady who was giving me a hard time. Usually we did one hand each so two of us to a client in class but that day as I had been quite swift and we were down a couple students I had a client to myself. This lady didn't know which length she wanted and bizzarrely wanted the nails on her right hand much shorter than her left, she had been told to do this apparently by her boss. She was extremely fussy anout the length. By the time we were sorted I was behind and she was huffing at me and I rushed so badly I forgot to put primer on :rolleyes: I dread to think what happened to those nails.

This is incredibly embarrassing.......during my foundation course I think, I applied all my tips (at home .thank god) this used to take me ages, anyways it took me so long I was busting for a wee, I mean really really busting and I couldnt wait so I popped to the loo with uber long tips on me, negotiated my jean zip and buttons like a true pro, had a wee.......:rolleyes: and reached out for my tampax...removed the wrapper.....dont ask me how, yeeee god I have no idea how but got my uber long nail tip stuck down the applicator!!!!:eek::eek: I had a few moments of sheer panic!!! But thankfully recued myself without any humilation!!!!

well the first thing that springs to my mind with this thread was paying for my own conversion course whilst employed by someone else! They werent happy with the weird mishmash of nail enhancement products so I took a conversion course with a diff product line (the best I could afford on my crap wages) and that was the biggest waste of time of my whole entire life!

she was a bit drunk, she did not know what she was doing, I learnt nothing. oh how I love Brisa, it's a dream to work with after that toss!

the winners so far are........
alpina and tonilee:lol: I am sat here laughing like a complete loon,
Lets see, I've stuck my thumb nails to the sides of a clients finger, I was using them to make sure the sides of the nail were really attached.
I've used varnish remover instead of monomer thankfully on Thing, my nail trainer
But my normal c**k ups are usually verbal like leaving the car in a par cark
or are spectaculary physical.

Yes i too am guilty for glueing myself to everything!!
I also used to forget that when you cut the excess length of the tip with cutters to hold the bit you are removing - cos it once landing in my models cleavage!! Bet I couldnt do that again if i tried x

Also one night last week i was testing custom blends on pieces of the back of forms - i must have leant on one because as i was driving to work the next day i felt these weird lumps on my arm near my elbow - thinking i had lurgy i examined them when i got to work to discover it was bits of acrylic stuck to my arm - i wouldn't mind but i'd showered too and never noticed!! xx

i glued myself to a client when i'd been doin acrylics for 5 years lol how bad is that !!!

When I was training, I was prepping a client's natural nails and did'nt realise that the skin underneath was attached to the nail, When I cut down her natural nail, I cut the attached skin and blood gushed everywhere. The client and I were staring at each other in shock. I was almost on my knees:cry:begging her forgiveness. The client was great though, she knew I was training and said not to worry. Needless to say I always check under the nail now, for any skin attached.

My tutor once accidentally completed a full set with non- acteone nail polish remover instead of acrylic liquid:lol:

This is incredibly embarrassing.......during my foundation course I think, I applied all my tips (at home .thank god) this used to take me ages, anyways it took me so long I was busting for a wee, I mean really really busting and I couldnt wait so I popped to the loo with uber long tips on me, negotiated my jean zip and buttons like a true pro, had a wee.......:rolleyes: and reached out for my tampax...removed the wrapper.....dont ask me how, yeeee god I have no idea how but got my uber long nail tip stuck down the applicator!!!!:eek::eek: I had a few moments of sheer panic!!! But thankfully recued myself without any humilation!!!!

:lol::lol::lol: That's even worse than what I did!

Magsham - It was painful, like peeling a band-aid off slowly. And it made run even later than I already was

dunking my brush straight in the powder..

wasnt paying attention and we were cleaning up after a long ratio mix session.. i dipped my brush in monomer.. wiped off on a clean paper towel.. looked up.. laughed at something someone said while continuing to dip my brush.. looked down because it felt strange.. and saw my brush buried ferulle deep in powder!

the other thing i did was swear very loudly.. right in front of my tutor!
things were not going right.. i was struggling.. i screamed out FFS!!~ and realised i had said not thought it! it was the beginning of the end of a pretty fragile relationship with her.. i was older then her normal students.. not so green.. and fairly willing to ask 101 questions a minute!! i think she was used to a more distinguished crowd!
ah well.. i passed and will one day show her! heh

Putting acetone instead of monomer into my dappen dish(don't ask:lol:)
I used Calguard (Calgel prep product) instead of Calaway (product remover). :rolleyes: OMG Those nails just did not want to come off :lol:....................
...................................oh, that was a couple of months ago.

Latest posts

Back