Contact Lenses

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you wear contact lenses whilest working?

• Yes

Votes: 116 34.0%
  • No

Votes: 225 66.0%

• Total voters
Im a really bad contact lense user...

I keep them in from 8am til 12 midnight. i work with L&P for 6hours during the day too. and occasionally when i drilling the nail to do a rebalance, lumps of acrylic land in my eye, not good!
:smack:

My only concession is that i use daily disposables, so i get a fresh pair every morning.

I am seriously considering laser treatment, but unsure about the clinics here in Ireland, need to research it a bit more.

I didn't know this i wear my lenses all day,i have noticed my eyes are dry. I don't have many clients yet but i need to get used to my glasses again i hate wearing them.
This is a good excuse to go to specsavers and get some new ones . Thanks for this thread. x

Same as , I hate wearing glasses too but as I use l&p I do, well only when I walk into a clients house and out of it,(and for driving there and back,)if I didnt wear them in there house Id properly say wheres your dining table??where where, I cant see it.:)

Thank God i don't wear them whie working!
it's not because i knew the harm behind it, but because i feel like it!

thanx for warning us :)

God bless ;*

No don't wear contacts for doing nails, but at one time I would have, but eyesight got worse so I was a glasses wearer, my contacts were +7.50 and +5.50.
But wow now I have got new eyes, not laser I have had IOL's Inter Ocular Lens implants. I am so lucky my Mum paid for it. Thank you Mummy x. It is a bit like posh cateracts op, with smart lenses that can focus. So now I have gone from being nearly blind without glasses to almost perfect vision, 20/20 + 1 in one eye, and need just a + 1 for my other eye, which will be tweaked soon. This is only 7 months ago, I am still soooo excited. Yipeee!!!!
Unless you have had bad vision and I wore glasses from age 2 years you couldn't understand my joy.
Lotsa luv, just wanted to share this with you all x :hug: x

I am short sighted, work with my lenses (doesn't matter now as I don't do nails that much anymore) and never experienced any problem so far.

but obviously you freak me out so my decision is made, I'll have it Lasered next... hum. need to find a time in the year that is best.

If I do wear my lenses I find that the closer I get to the nail my vison tends to blur as I don't need them for close up I need mine for distance.

I tend to keep them in just because I have put them in in the morning.

My vision is better with no lenses or glasses when I am doing nails.

I wear contact lenses but I shouldn't and I will start wearing glasses becaue the dust gets into my eyes and it hurts

Latest posts

Back