Flabbergasted as what I deem as child abuse

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VHunter

Reaction score
My 4yr old daughter attends preschool.
They had a fieldtrip today to the "Cabane a sucre" (where maple water is drawn from trees and turned into maple syrup, yes 'water' and not sap).

When we all sat down to lunch to eat the different foods served with syrup, we wound up at a table with a mother and her kids from the other class that I don't know.
They were a little rowdy, but not horrible like some others were. To be expected that children are excitable on fieldtrips.

Anyway, the eldest son - 5yrs old - kept putting his fingers in his mouth and his mom kept telling him not to do it.
Out of the blue, she drew her hand back and slapped him hard right in the face,and said "stop being a F*****g Idiot! Stop putting your D**n fingers in your mouth". When he started crying, she yapped at him "cut the f*****g **** out and sit your A** down!".
:eek:

I wanted to intervene, but didn't want a scene in a room full of children, that could possibly escalate into much more foul language, so I simply said "Excuse me,but my daughter is sitting right here" and she snapped at me "you never swear?!" I answered "I didn't say that, I said that my daughter is sitting RIGHT HERE.... and this is neither the time nor the place!"

She started ranting, and so I calmly moved my daughter and myself to a neighboring table while saying nice and clearly "come Cailin, we do not need to sit with a savage". Ok, catty and rude... but made my point.

I'm calling the authorities tomorrow.
Apparently, another mother witnessed her outside the bathrooms with her son, who was banging his head on the wall. She said to him "if you want to bang your head on the wall, let me help you" and grabbed his head and banged it on the wall.:eek:

I figure, if she's unashamedly carrying on like this in public, what on earth is she doing at home??

I'm NOT perfect.
YES, i have used bad language in front of my kids a time or two. HOWEVER, I make a concentrated effort not to, and I have NEVER ever slapped my children in the face or spoken to them in such a demeaning way, nor belittled them like that. Nor have I ever swore 'at' them!
What is that poor child's self esteem like???

I feel somewhat conflicted, worried that my complaint will bring more troublel down on these children's shoulders. But I'm more worried if I don't utter a sound, what on earth she might do next.

A couple of the mother's later came up to me and said I was right to interupt her tirade, but were surprised at my restraint because they know I am NOT shy. I simply pointed out she was volatile and I didn't want a worse scene in a crowded room with 25 children in it. They concurred that it was probably best that I didn't tell her off for slapping her son.
BUT OMG!!!! I really wanted to!!!

What is this world coming to??? How can people treat their children like this?

If they were on a school trip, were there teachers there? Are they not legally required to report such things?
At least there are witnesses to back up what you say.

Victoria you are right to report her. It reminds me of Dave Peltzer and how it took so many years for someone to come to his rescue.

good on you hun xxx

I'd report her to the authorities in a heartbeat. Oh...........and the other parents comments? Typical, sit on the fence cowards who stand back and let the likes of us stand up and be counted.

As for the abusive mother. Some times you have to speak to these people in the only language they understand and it's a shame that someone doesn't get her head and bang it against the wall.

That's really upset my day now...............poor little boy. xxxx

Report her hun if we stay silent these people get away with the abuse ........Speak out

A big well done to you hunni for not losing it with her and showing yourself to be the proper adult.
I would deffo report her as like you said if she is doing this to her child in public god only knows what her children are suffering in private.
You have witnesses hunni from the trip to back you up.
If you are querying yourself over if its the right thing to do or not ask yourself this...
"Could you live with yourself if the mother went too far and ended up killing her child or badly maiming him??? "I know theres a worry over making it worse for him but at the end of the day if the child protection services can do anything they will.
Bless ya hun not a good situation for you:hug: to make you strong babe.. Let us know what happens Vic.
Thinking of you.
Jen xx

My 4yr old daughter attends preschool.
They had a fieldtrip today to the "Cabane a sucre" (where maple water is drawn from trees and turned into maple syrup, yes 'water' and not sap).

When we all sat down to lunch to eat the different foods served with syrup, we wound up at a table with a mother and her kids from the other class that I don't know.
They were a little rowdy, but not horrible like some others were. To be expected that children are excitable on fieldtrips.

Anyway, the eldest son - 5yrs old - kept putting his fingers in his mouth and his mom kept telling him not to do it.
Out of the blue, she drew her hand back and slapped him hard right in the face,and said "stop being a F*****g Idiot! Stop putting your D**n fingers in your mouth". When he started crying, she yapped at him "cut the f*****g **** out and sit your A** down!".
:eek:

I wanted to intervene, but didn't want a scene in a room full of children, that could possibly escalate into much more foul language, so I simply said "Excuse me,but my daughter is sitting right here" and she snapped at me "you never swear?!" I answered "I didn't say that, I said that my daughter is sitting RIGHT HERE.... and this is neither the time nor the place!"

She started ranting, and so I calmly moved my daughter and myself to a neighboring table while saying nice and clearly "come Cailin, we do not need to sit with a savage". Ok, catty and rude... but made my point.

I'm calling the authorities tomorrow.
Apparently, another mother witnessed her outside the bathrooms with her son, who was banging his head on the wall. She said to him "if you want to bang your head on the wall, let me help you" and grabbed his head and banged it on the wall.:eek:

I figure, if she's unashamedly carrying on like this in public, what on earth is she doing at home??

I'm NOT perfect.
YES, i have used bad language in front of my kids a time or two. HOWEVER, I make a concentrated effort not to, and I have NEVER ever slapped my children in the face or spoken to them in such a demeaning way, nor belittled them like that. Nor have I ever swore 'at' them!
What is that poor child's self esteem like???

I feel somewhat conflicted, worried that my complaint will bring more troublel down on these children's shoulders. But I'm more worried if I don't utter a sound, what on earth she might do next.

A couple of the mother's later came up to me and said I was right to interupt her tirade, but were surprised at my restraint because they know I am NOT shy. I simply pointed out she was volatile and I didn't want a worse scene in a crowded room with 25 children in it. They concurred that it was probably best that I didn't tell her off for slapping her son.
BUT OMG!!!! I really wanted to!!!

What is this world coming to??? How can people treat their children like this?

my god,whats she doing to the child when there at home if she doing that outside.makes you sick people shouldnt have kids if they treat them like that.poor child.xx

Another prime example of someone who does not deserve the love of a child.:mad:

Victoria you have to report this and NOW

If the mother is quite capable of treating her child like this in public what is she treating him like behind closed doors?

I shudder to think. I feel sick in the pit of my stomach just thinking about it!:cry:

V you're doing the right thing in reporting this, what an awful woman (that's the polite version!)
Remember you can only report what you witnessed though, the other mother needs to come forward and report the head banging incident.
It makes me shudder to think what goes on behind her closed door!:eek:
xxxxxxxxxx

I'd report her to the authorities in a heartbeat. Oh...........and the other parents comments? Typical, sit on the fence cowards who stand back and let the likes of us stand up and be counted.

As for the abusive mother. Some times you have to speak to these people in the only language they understand and it's a shame that someone doesn't get her head and bang it against the wall.

That's really upset my day now...............poor little boy. xxxx

I totally agree with kimmi in....the other mothers saying "you done well to say something"....why did'nt they?....

I am pleased you said what you did Victoria....i would not want to upset the other kids either.....

I do how ever see where your coming from when you say....if you do report her then what for the child......trouble is ,like you say, if she is like that infront of people what on earth does she do behind closed doors.....

I would report her and they will investigate it....the mum will know people are watching her...so it will get a little easier on the boy....i think if enough people report her the boy will be taken away...which lets face it.....will be better.....his grandparents might look after him so he can look forward to live instead of living in fear of his own mum......DISGUSTING.......the mother should NEVER look after children nor should she ever had them.....xxxx

I tossed and turned last night. Thinking on it. I had called my mother and she said I'm bringing trouble on my own head because the woman will rightly know that it was me.
I said to my mom "if everyone was worried about trouble coming to them, then who on earth is going to protect these children?? She answered that I was right.

The thoughts that went through my head. The youngest child is not yet even 2, I don't think. I wanted to tear that woman apart! I am pretty sure that I had one of those "Lioness" expressions on my face, you know the one: where she's protecting cubs? (yes I'm tiny, but in my anger, I'm pretty sure I could have torn her apart LOL)

One mother said "she's probably tired, works 2 jobs"
UMMMMMMMMMMM my hubby works two jobs and doesn't talk to our children like that.
I work full time and run the house.
The night before I was up until 2am doing wedding favours, and I was at this function with 4hrs sleep and a pounding head and I didn't treat my dear Cailin like this when she acted up.

The girls are getting ready for school, then I have a client right after I drop the youngest at school.

BUT
my mind is made up.
I'm calling.
I would feel ashamed if I didn't.
Somebody has to.

Thanks ladies for confirming what was in my head.
:hug:

I reported someone years ago....it was a mate.

I didn't report her cos i wanted her kids taken off her i just wanted her to get help and this was the only way i could do that as she didn't see there was a problem.

I wont go into what i saw her do but it was mental and physical abuse.

I didn't go into it lightly either...and i felt bad for doing it,but i know i would have felt a whole lot worse if i didn't.

She did find out it was me...(as i was the only one there when she did what she did so she put 2 and 2 together)...she never spoke to me again....fine....but she did get help and i believe went on a anger management program and parenting skills course. From what i hear she is doing really well and the kids are fine now.

I would do it again in a flash if i had too.

Well, I think everyone has said it all and I am totally in agreement. You are absolutely dead right, Victoria. Do it and let us know how it goes. Good for you for having the guts to stand up for what is wrong! Bless you. Babs xx :hug:

i agree you need to report it
thats not right no one should hit there child in the face or hit them
any where i have never hit my kids never will i was not hit so so i dont
hit
what she did is child abuse and she needs to have those kids taking
away THATS NO LOVE

I called our local clinic to see whom I should call to make the report.

They transferred me to a VOICE MAIL :eek:
Is that crazy, or what?
Ok, it was for a social worker for child services.... BUT how do they know that this isn't a call that requires IMMEDIATE response???????

I'm stunned.

I left a message and am wondering if I should call elsewhere, or just wait for her to answer my message?

We were only talking about this the other day as someone in my class got sent this YouTube - The Kelsey Briggs Story. (Original) (dont watch if u dont want to cry) - its a video to promote awareness of child abuse.

It's really sad and people should try to stop it wherever they can. I dont understand why anyone, especially a mother would do that to a child :cry:

:eek::eek::eek:

Victoria!!!

Yes.. you have done the right thing by reporting it!!

Because if people don't step up to the plate, then they are condoning that kind of behaviour!!

I commend you for stepping up to the plate:hug:

We were only talking about this the other day as someone in my class got sent this YouTube - The Kelsey Briggs Story. (Original) (dont watch if u dont want to cry) - its a video to promote awareness of child abuse.

It's really sad and people should try to stop it wherever they can. I dont understand why anyone, especially a mother would do that to a child :cry:

I did NOT want to cry, but stupid me watched, and howled like a bloody baby.:cry:

THAT'S EXACTLY why I can't just simply shut my mouth, its not in me to be 'blind'.
Just as I wasn't blind about the poor dog up the street... I reported those sods too!

You know what people like that make me absolutely ****ing sick!!

report her?? i think i would have smacked her!

Most definately report her!!

Nasty cow!

Latest posts

Back