How did you spend your day?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dandelionpoppy

Reaction score
I spent mine taking my 99 year old Mum to hospital to have a cataract operation.
It ended up as an all day stay, during which time I read my Kindle - Stephen King's "Doctor Sleep" :eek:- and having my fringe cut......there was a hairdresser's in reception!
Mum did really well, but found it all a bit traumatic. Don't know how successful it's been, but fingers crossed.

(Of course she's got a patch on. There was a shop that sold helium balloons; didn't have a parrot to continue the pirate theme, but they had a duck, so I got her that and it made her hoot!)

I spent mine clearing out my dads flat as he's recently passed away. Morbid hey!

I spent mine clearing out my dads flat as he's recently passed away. Morbid hey!

That's a sad day.A big hug to you,you probably could do with a few :(

What a sad day for you. I'm so sorry x

Working till 3, popped to shop, walked dog, got tea, worked again this evening nails and toes, now on laptop catching up :)

I woke up at 6am convinced one of my kids was calling me....she wasn't .

Dozed and then got up at 7.30 . Did 25 minutes on my exercise bike ...boring..thank god for SG on the iPad to keep me distracted .

First client at 9.30am, the rest if the day zoomed by till 4pm ....went to have my salad...no fork! Got fed up trying to eat it with a spoon. So had half a pack of chocolate hobnobs and tea. :biggrin:
Back to back all day .....
Finished at 8. On the sofa since...no wine ....but having a sneaky Bacardi .

Love Fridays as its always mental busy so it flies in.

Cor, Rinn, I get tired just reading what you do!

We will be moving house this summer, so I am spending most of my spare time de-cluttering! It's amazing how much we accumulate. We have lived in our current home for 20 years! Today I put that aside and spent precious time with my daughter who has recently started her own business, so our time together was very special. We are very close indeed! I am very family orientated, so any time spent with my family is special to me. Lovely thread Dandelionpoppy :hug:

Cor, Rinn, I get tired just reading what you do!

I hate sitting around doing nothing (except when on a Spanish beach) .

I perform well under pressure...the more I have to do , the better .

I hate sitting around doing nothing (except when on a Spanish beach) .

I perform well under pressure...the more I have to do , the better .

I'm exactly like that too! I thrive under pressure! I get bored very easily, hence new threads all the time!:rolleyes:

Hmm let's see, this was my day yesterday, currently 9.38am...
I woke up at 6ish thinking what on earth I was going to do since it was my day off, ordered some stuff online (equipment and etc) spent a good 3 hours doing that..
Spent the rest if my time watching movies and killing time so I could go shopping after noon, 2pm came... Thought hmm got no one to go shopping with and ended up falling asleep till 8pm 😬
Goodbye sleeping pattern I'm officially screwed -.-
P.s I still haven't slept yet!

I spent mine taking my 99 year old Mum to hospital to have a cataract operation.
It ended up as an all day stay, during which time I read my Kindle - Stephen King's "Doctor Sleep" :eek:- and having my fringe cut......there was a hairdresser's in reception!
Mum did really well, but found it all a bit traumatic. Don't know how successful it's been, but fingers crossed.

(Of course she's got a patch on. There was a shop that sold helium balloons; didn't have a parrot to continue the pirate theme, but they had a duck, so I got her that and it made her hoot!)

I did laugh at this! The image of Mum and MIL came into my head. If they had been there, they would also have worn patches to sympathise with your Mum D'Poppy!

My mother was disappointed when she had her cataracts done.....she said she hadn't realised how old she looked before that.....this from the same woman who at 82 , when catching a glimpse of herself in the mirror......would say ....who's that auld one? :biggrin::biggrin:

I know of an older lady who had her cataracts done and started to tell her daughters how much older they looked!

Working 9 till 4, fully booked got home and shampooed my carpets. Random

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Woke up at 5.45 feeling really poorly. Fell back to sleep at 7.30 and woke up at 11 to be in work for 11.30! Spent all day nannying the stupid boys at work. No don't hit him, mind your language in front of customers, don't hit him, turn the music down, don't throw staplers at him etc 😁 got home at 9 to find that the bedroom door is broken and I can't get in! I can't be bothered to try and break in, it's a sofa night for me tonight!

I know of an older lady who had her cataracts done and started to tell her daughters how much older they looked!

Oh. I think I'll tell her the patch has to stay on for several months.......

Spent all day 8-4 at the hospital with my 23 year old 'baby' who had a cyst removed from her vajaja 😔
Came home, left her on the sofa and went straight out to a friends reunion.
(I looked about 90 by that time ) I had 2 wines and in bed by 1am.
Unfortunately after drinking, I never get a good sleep - hence SG at 6am today😁

Yesterday I walked the baby to school. Then went to the local nursing/respite home for 2 hours to do mini manicures. Came home, hubby took me to John Lewis for cake and coffee and a bit of retail therapy. Came home, picked baby up from school. Want out to client for a manicure. Came home, helped hubby put up new fence panels in the back garden. Cooked dinner for the kids. Went out to buy a box of wine, pick up the takeaway and a present for a party the baby is going to today. Sat on the sofa and didn't move until bedtime.

Today will be washing and ironing. Preparing for tomorrow's Baby Shower where I'm doing nails. Taking baby to a party, cleaning up around the house, food shopping, making tea for the kids and then off out at 6:30 for drinks at a friends and then 10 of us in a minibus off out to dinner. Will be a brilliant night. Must not drink too much as can't have bad head for baby shower.

Worked back to back from 9-5, went home, walked the dogs, cooked dinner, read a book and went to bed - rock and roll!!

Latest posts

Back