New enhancement application method?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
if it is those "moulds", the market will eventually get flooded (as per), everyone will be doing them,even the talentless ones, artistic flair will fly out the door and make an already competitive industry even more competitive.

NO matter what you say, they are press ons under another guise, i'm pretty disgusted, but as per, the suppliers will prosper.

They will end up being sold in chemists and markets and we can kiss out business goodbye.
Looking at these nails, the word "creative" has truly lost it's meaning.

I get your point I really do but I'm not sure I agree. I dont know what percentage of the female population actually get enhancements but I imagine there is alot of room for improvement in that figure - ie, its quite a small percentage.
'Flooding the market' is a long long way off.

Hairdressers dont worry about chemists selling scissors or hair dye and there is good reason for that which is that people enjoy the experience of getting a professional pamper, DIY home kits are not much fun and dont look good - the same will always apply to nails.

On the flip side there is a benefit to chemists selling hair dye and other DIY hair treatments - which is they make it more widely available, accepted and almost expected that people dye their hair. In my view that will have actually increased business for hairdressers.

For that reason it doesnt worry me that chemists sell nail products, enamels, stick ons etc, or that there are 'quick' application techniques coming to the market. The more acceptable and expected it is for all generations to concern themselves with their nails the more business can be extracted from that by us!

I get your point I really do but I'm not sure I agree. I dont know what percentage of the female population actually get enhancements but I imagine there is alot of room for improvement in that figure - ie, its quite a small percentage.
'Flooding the market' is a long long way off.

Hairdressers dont worry about chemists selling scissors or hair dye and there is good reason for that which is that people enjoy the experience of getting a professional pamper, DIY home kits are not much fun and dont look good - the same will always apply to nails.

On the flip side there is a benefit to chemists selling hair dye and other DIY hair treatments - which is they make it more widely available, accepted and almost expected that people dye their hair. In my view that will have actually increased business for hairdressers.

For that reason it doesnt worry me that chemists sell nail products, enamels, stick ons etc, or that there are 'quick' application techniques coming to the market. The more acceptable and expected it is for all generations to concern themselves with their nails the more business can be extracted from that by us!

What a sensible post!

There is nothing that any good nail tech need to fear about new application techniques.

Stop being such an old cynic, Carl! Your mistrust of suppliers etc is well known, but they are as entitled to make a living as you are in your job ... that is what everyone is trying to do is it not? If this new technique is a stellar idea and will benefit many many people to do a better job and to still offer a customised service (not ice cubes) doing many different looks and varieties of nail styles, it is a good thing. No one will be twisting your arm to learn it or to buy it.

Hey, mate, if I can see it ... me the biggest proponent of the hand-made art of nails, then don't stick your head inthe sand.

What a sensible post!

There is nothing that any good nail tech need to fear about new application techniques.

Stop being such an old cynic, Carl! Your mistrust of suppliers etc is well known, but they are as entitled to make a living as you are in your job ... that is what everyone is trying to do is it not? If this new technique is a stellar idea and will benefit many many people to do a better job and to still offer a customised service (not ice cubes) doing many different looks and varieties of nail styles, it is a good thing. No one will be twisting your arm to learn it or to buy it.

Hey, mate, if I can see it ... me the biggest proponent of the hand-made art of nails, then don't stick your head inthe sand.

This is the thing that is making me know this will work because you of all people Geeg are not against it and I know that if it was a no go YOU would be the first to warn us lol

This might seem really random, but I've been having a think about what's been said on this thread and in my conclusion surmise that one is entitled to change one's opinion, that's what debate is all about, profferining different views to help people decide what they want to choose to do....whether it be about opaque colours on nail beds, well less tips, new time saving methods, product ranges etc....and at the end of the day it's up to the individual to choose and make an informed decision about what they want to do and which path to follow.

I'm a nail technician and I'm in business...yes to do the best and most professional job that I can, but also to make money....the product suppliers are also out there to run their business with utmost professionalism and also to make money......they put new products and techniques are out there for us to try but it's up to the end user to decide whether it benefits their business or not.

Sole traders and bigger businesess, whoever, we're all entitled to change our opinion when we see something that will benefit our business....it's not back tracking....it's moving forward in business and seeing and finding ways of increasing our profit margins....which at the end of the day, business is all about.

This might seem really random, but I've been having a think about what's been said on this thread and in my conclusion surmise that one is entitled to change one's opinion, that's what debate is all about, profferining different views to help people decide what they want to choose to do....whether it be about opaque colours on nail beds, well less tips, new time saving methods, product ranges etc....and at the end of the day it's up to the individual to choose and make an informed decision about what they want to do and which path to follow.

I'm a nail technician and I'm in business...yes to do the best and most professional job that I can, but also to make money....the product suppliers are also out there to run their business with utmost professionalism and also to make money......they put new products and techniques are out there for us to try but it's up to the end user to decide whether it benefits their business or not.

Sole traders and bigger businesess, whoever, we're all entitled to change our opinion when we see something that will benefit our business....it's not back tracking....it's moving forward in business and seeing and finding ways of increasing our profit margins....which at the end of the day, business is all about.

Yes.. I think, at the end of the day, we will try anything that makes good business sense and come to our own conclusions.

Well this as been my thoughts over the last few days too if its going to be good for business and keep us in clients then maybe it will be a good thing :)

I hope I don't upset anybody on this thread - my post :eek:

BUT I just wanted to say that I HAVEN'T changed my opinion - I'm still not sure where this is all leading!

The "new product" "the new service" will be available soon - and we should be patient and wait until it is perfected and revealed!

Do we want a half baked answer - I certainly don't! I want to see the new product in all it's glory AND then make a decision as to whether it is of use!

I sit and wait - patiently - I DO NOT SPECULATE and want to be seen to be changing my mind all the time! IMHO opinion we only make fools of ourselves if we do this!

A lot of geeks have worked them-selves up into a frenzy about this new "product" take a step back and concentrate on what is happening today - right here - right now (as the Chemical Brothers would sing :lol:)

After all has been revealed THEN ask the questions - debate and discuss - but how on earth can you debate something which you truly do not know (100%) about? YOU can only IMHO only speculate!

TAKE A CHILL PILL GEEKY ONES AND when all is revealed - NJOY :wink2:

Love ya all Snuggs xx

You have certainly created a buzz over here in the States! I am intrigued and anticipate the arrival of the "New Technique".

Just food for thought . . . . .

What an excellent marketing campaign Hyperion has created?! What better way to sell your technique than to keep it a secret until its release? Brilliant!

I for one am not speculating. No point in that... I won't know until it's released and why frustrate myself worrying about what may or may not be? Seems a waste of time to be negative and to worry.

HOWEVER, I AM getting frustrated with the 'tease':lol: I have NEVER been a patient bird (wow, big surprise there:rolleyes:) I'm one of those people that "don't want to know until it happens" because I get antsy and impatient. VERY IMPATIENT. Impatience makes me GRUMPY.
Teasing me, makes me GRUMPY
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

ESPECIALLY given current situation, when I'm hard pressed to manage my time and hyper stressed about it. Hubby is NO help. I had to ask him twice tonight "PLEASE CLEAN THE KITCHEN of the dinner mess" as I had clients immediately after dinner. No, he parked his butt on the couch to watch tv and relax after a hard day's work.
Ummmmmm WHEN DO I GET TO RELAX? (and umm btw, he STILl didn't finish the kitchen before he went to bed, so now I gotta do it in the morning)
I am at this moment, takig a 5min breather cause jsut finished clients for the night, and have Avon orders to bag and invoice. THEN tomorrow, I work 9am to 6pm THEN I prep for the shower the next day... and well, that starts at 10:30am on sunday (not including the prep I do in the morning)....

Sooooooooooooooo if you want to get frustrated, get frustrated at the not knowing.
It's going to be a good thing.

If it's a method that doesn't sacrifice quality of the enhancement, nor durability, nor the appearance, nor clients natural nail health: THEN IT CAN ONLY BE A GOOD THING.
People are afraid of change. Like when the microwave came along. Older generations were like "heck no! that's the wrong way to cook" :rolleyes: Or when formula was invented and grandmothers were aghast that mother's weren't breastfeeding their children. And I'm SURE if I had the time, I could sit and list a TONNE of technological advancements that made life easier that people balked at because it was 'new' and 'different'.

Why not embrace what is new and different, WHEN IT'S A GOOD THING!!
This will HELP us to rid ourselves of the NSS by putting us on a more level playing field in terms of time. AT least from what I understand.

I think I can safely say that Geeg would not applaud this 'surprise' or suport it etc were it a bad thing for us. She's a toughie to impress. And she would let us know in no uncertain terms if she thought it was crap.

Why waste time worrying? Or being negative? It does nothing good for you.

Be crazy/insane like me instead, and impatient. Less stressful
:lol:

BUT I just wanted to say that I HAVEN'T changed my opinion - I'm still not sure where this is all leading!

The "new product" "the new service" will be available soon - and we should be patient and wait until it is perfected and revealed!

Do we want a half baked answer - I certainly don't! I want to see the new product in all it's glory AND then make a decision as to whether it is of use!

I sit and wait - patiently - I DO NOT SPECULATE and want to be seen to be changing my mind all the time! IMHO opinion we only make fools of ourselves if we do this!

A lot of geeks have worked them-selves up into a frenzy about this new "product" take a step back and concentrate on what is happening today - right here - right now (as the Chemical Brothers would sing :lol:)

After all has been revealed THEN ask the questions - debate and discuss - but how on earth can you debate something which you truly do not know (100%) about? YOU can only IMHO only speculate!

Love ya all Snuggs xx
I totally agree with this from our wise owl, although I think all the speculation could be avoided if clear information on the new method was provided instead of snippets.

I totally agree with this from our wise owl, although I think all the speculation could be avoided if clear information on the new method was provided instead of snippets.

I think you have missed the whole point, love. Maybe you should look at Mcgrathbears reply above ... she has the point perfectly.

I think you have missed the whole point, love. Maybe you should look at Mcgrathbears reply above ... she has the point perfectly.

I agree and I for one await with baited breath, but I do promise to clean my teeth before it is launched.:)

Certainly - Great marketing is the bottom line! We always fall for it.:)

If it's a method that doesn't sacrifice quality of the enhancement, nor durability, nor the appearance, nor clients natural nail health: THEN IT CAN ONLY BE A GOOD THING.
People are afraid of change. Like when the microwave came along. Older generations were like "heck no! that's the wrong way to cook" :rolleyes: Or when formula was invented and grandmothers were aghast that mother's weren't breastfeeding their children. And I'm SURE if I had the time, I could sit and list a TONNE of technological advancements that made life easier that people balked at because it was 'new' and 'different'.

:lol:

And the microwave hasnt replaced the oven.

I am awaiting its reveal with bated breath.

Im curious and will make my decision when its launched.

Cant wait.

Love ya all Snuggs xx

BTW I'm not speculating...I will just watch what everyone else does when they get the new "thing". My business plan doesn't allow me any more training or new products right now x

I dont think that changing your mind on something makes you look a fool I hated mircowaves when they first came out but now I couldnt live without one.

Sorry if this question has already been answered, as I may have missed the post, but does anyone know when this will be launched in Canada? I'm in British Columbia and have not seen any sign of it anywhere but this forum. Any info or would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!!

Hiya

I have read all the last post

I have to say
Was not going to the Sept show, will now:wink2:

I trust Geeg 100%
This lady really is on the ball when it come to application(Top Dog:hug:)
We should all trust her and CND

And a punishment for not telling us loyal Geeks
Bombard the stall and demand demos all day from start to finish

I hope Geeg that there will be enough doing demos at this show

I look forward

Jenx
Advanced Beauty Clinic - Warwickshire
poor and content is rich enough

This is the thing that is making me know this will work because you of all people Geeg are not against it and I know that if it was a no go YOU would be the first to warn us lol

This thread was initially very exciting... then became increasingly frustrating.

My first thought was ... OMG - surely not the 'moulds'!! BUT, we're dealing with Creative UK here and I am SURE they would not tarnish their reputation as a world class leader in product/education with such a thing !! Easy Nails (or whatever they are called) have certainly NOT taken over the market and aren't about to ... so I doubt Hyperion/Creative UK would condone and certainly not risk put their name to such a product.

..... so - what could this be I ask you ?

My first thought was ... OMG - surely not the 'moulds'!! BUT, we're dealing with Creative UK here and I am SURE they would not tarnish their reputation as a world class leader in product/education with such a thing !! Easy Nails (or whatever they are called) have certainly NOT taken over the market and aren't about to ... so I doubt Hyperion/Creative UK would condone and certainly not risk put their name to such a product.

..... so - what could this be I ask you ?

I agree and I'm hoping that this 'new' application method is something other than a variation on the 'moulds'. I found a few threads where they have been mentioned here previously and Gigi say they (moulds) have been around for years and just customised stick on so I'm sure what CND/Hyperion have in mind must be something much different.

http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/3641-inverted-moulds.html

and

http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/18984-what-these.html

Jackie
x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back