Pedicures and Contraindications

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you soak feet before checking for contraindications?

• No way Hose!!! I always check first

Votes: 94 67.6%
  • Yep, I aint touching stinky feet!

Votes: 45 32.4%

• Total voters
I was taught to ask the client first, then check. Wouldn't do it any other ways as some contra-indications are plesant at all & I certain don't want to have them or pass them on, ewwww noooooo wayyyyyy!!! :)

I have them take off their shoes & socks before putting them in the water. I inspect them and only once have I had to put gloves on because the girl had the beginnings of athlete's foot (she wore hemp flip flops all summer).

I spray sanitizer, one that smells good, on each foot as I inspect it and ask questions about anything I may find. Then on to soaking. This is the way I was taught.

I always check the feet first........I wouldn't fancy contaminating my foot bath. Although I use a spray foot sanitizer before I check.

i always check feet first

this is how i was taught

Im going to sanitise feet first now with spray then fill out my sheet then into my bath,dont want no nasty germs in mi spa eeeewwwwww

i first ask the client if they have any problems or concerns with their feet. Then i examine both feet before putting in the foot spa

I check feet before they go in the spa, but in any case, always disinfect the spa after client has had feet in.

We are covering this at college at the mo and for manicures and pedicures we always check clients feet and hands with gloves on and sanitising at the same time with either hygiene spray or surgical spirit on cotton wool wiping over the area to be checked.
Then we ask client to start to soak while we go and wash our hands.
Hope this helps

Gloves on, spray, check, remove any polish, check, soak or no soak!
If everything is well and treatment goes ahead i remove my gloves as i hate to do treatments with gloves on.

consultation, spray, check and proceed if all ok! xx

I check feet before they go in the spa, but in any case, always disinfect the spa after client has had feet in.
which disinfectent do you find is the most effective for your footspa as im sure i could improve the way i disinfect mine!!!!

i wear gloves all the way through till i come to massage ,,

To be trueful I have been soaking first then checking. I do have the disposable liners in my spa mind .... I think if I had found anything contra indicating to treatment then I would have boiled the towel I used for drying the foot.

I am feeling a bit uneasy with this method now I am reading this post, but this is what I was taught. I think I will cool blue and check first in future with new clients.

I am feeling the same as you...I was also taught to soak then commence the examination and treatment but will now be re-thinking this way of doing it to the routine suggested.:irked:

i always examine and check for contra-indications before i soak the feet. and i dont wear gloves neither. i dont think there is any need if there is nothing wrong with the feet x

I ask them if they have any problems, then inspect, then put them on my knew, over a towel, cool blue and a good look over.

I sanitise, deodorise, check for contraindications, add cuticle massage cream, scrape dead skin, exfoliate, soak, massage, cuticle, polish

I sanitise first and then check, its just become habit for me and i dont even think about it. I wouldnt soak first, surely it could not only run infection risks but make it harder to see?

Latest posts

Back