What's the most embarrassing thing that's happened to you during a treatment?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today I did a pedicure on a regular client who has them done every 4 weeks.

However, for the first time ever (when i've been perforning this service) as I was filing her toes, her whole nail shot off!

I was horrified - but, bless her, she just said "Oh I've been expecting that - I banged it last week"!

Lol, if you use gel, you can sculpt a new toe nail for her until the real thing grows back!:)

OMG I have never laughed so much.....that im, crying......

I was doing an eyebrow wax and had finished id turned my back to wash my hands and hurt this almighty thud.....when I turned round my client was on the floor with my couch on top of her.....

God knows how shed gotten off it....the worse thing was she had broken it so I had to go and buy a new one and the whole time she was on the floor she was asking if I could still wax her Legs......on the floor. please....

Me and my sis still laugh at that one

A toenail clipping jumped into my mouth yesterday! Luckily my client didn't notice! :eek:

A toenail clipping jumped into my mouth yesterday! Luckily my client didn't notice! :eek:

TOE nail!:eek:
Hope you werent chatting at the same time!:)

TOE nail!:eek:
Hope you werent chatting at the same time!:)

I know sick or what! It just kinda got caught after leaping onto my bottom lip! It didn't go right in though but was still yucky! I just grabbed it quickly. Then the next day I got a bit of splintered clipping in my eye! I think I need to wear a visor! :eek:

I think there should be a prize for the funniest moment...perhaps a pack of tena lady thingies would be appropriate...grins

LindaC x

My client brought in her wedding photos to show me after her treatment and I was making appropriate remarks and asking who the people in the group photos were. After the first few I looked at one of her with an older man and asked 'is that your dad?' 'No it's my husband' she replied. :eek: Oh dear.

Dont ask me how I thought this possible but nearly 20 years ago I did my first gents chest wax and somehow couldnt see one of his nipples and thought id waxed it off,at the time I felt sick with fear and just thought how am I going to tell this guy"I think I have you nipple on my wax strip".

After doing a gents back wax,he got off the couch and as he turned around I could see a wax strip stuck to the back of his head(he had thick hair) took me ages to get it out:eek:

Last edited:
Well after 20 years quite a few things have happened, but I wont bore you with all of them.Now I will just say I am actually a mature professional therapist.....One of the spas i was working in did a japanese silk eye treatment,the receptionist used to get out our record cards in order and stick post it notes on with the treatment etc, I went to meet my client and picked up her record card to find the receptionist had abbreviated the treatment to "Jap Eye",I couldnt stop the laughter.

Dont ask me how I thought this possible but nearly 20 years ago I did my first gents chest wax and somehow couldnt see one of his nipples and thought id waxed it off,at the time I felt sick with fear and just thought how am I going to tell this guy"I think I have you nipple on my wax strip".

After doing a gents back wax,he got off the couch and as he turned around I could see a wax strip stuck to the back of his head(he had thick hair) took me ages to get it out:eek:

:cry: with Laughter that is so funny

Ha ha this is a brilliant thread... I don't feel so alone now!!

I've had my nose drip right onto the table and I was so morto that I just pretended it didn't happen, but I know my poor client saw it. I think one of the most embarrassing things I've done was tell a client that she had a hair on her face and went to brush it away, only to discover that it was attached... oooh the shame!!

When we got a new window cleaner in our salon (no one told me).. I heard a noise at the window and 'cause it was dark (yes the fool was washing the windows in the dark) I, being the nosey cow that I am went over to the window to have a look and screamed my head off when I saw some bloke looking back at me.... the client thought it was hillarious and said she'd be back 'cause she said she enjoyed the laugh ( and there was me trying to be all professionl):rolleyes:

Ha ha this is a brilliant thread... I don't feel so alone now!!

I've had my nose drip right onto the table and I was so morto that I just pretended it didn't happen, but I know my poor client saw it. I think one of the most embarrassing things I've done was tell a client that she had a hair on her face and went to brush it away, only to discover that it was attached... oooh the shame!!

When we got a new window cleaner in our salon (no one told me).. I heard a noise at the window and 'cause it was dark (yes the fool was washing the windows in the dark) I, being the nosey cow that I am went over to the window to have a look and screamed my head off when I saw some bloke looking back at me.... the client thought it was hillarious and said she'd be back 'cause she said she enjoyed the laugh ( and there was me trying to be all professionl):rolleyes:

What a dedicated window cleaner, working in the dark!:)

this is sssooooooooooooooooo funny 6am in morning and i'm laughing my head off and tears streaming down my face i'm going to be thinking about this all day now, oh the things i've got to look forward to.

This thread is so funny - a client just re-arranged her appointment so I had time to check the threads and now I am glad she's not coming in because your stories have made me feel SO much better about myself and given me chance to pass on a couple of stories myself.

I was doing a lady's nails and she was talking about her twin brother and I said "Oh, you're twins - that's nice. Are you identical?"

She looked at me and said "clearly not if he's my BROTHER!"

Oh.... [blond moment]

I have a Power Plate at my shop and the lady who was using it farted REALLY loudly. To save her embarrassment, I told her not to worry owing to the vibration it happens a lot [it doesn't] and she's not the first [she was] and certainly won't be the last [she is, so far anyway].

A couple of days later I was doing a pedicure on the same client and lent forward, thereby transferring excess pressure to my stomach region and expelled what can only be described as a fog horn-type sound (fortunately non-toxic but several decibels louder than would be considered normal for such a small woman). "There" she said "We're even now!". Could've died.

On the Power Plate again, I had a bad headache and the vibration of the machine was making me feel worse. The client said I looked a bit pale and out of nowhere I suddenly felt really sick. I flew to the toilet at the back of the shop and threw up! It's a small shop and she could hear everything. She had to wait patiently at the machine until I'd finished gagging, brushed my teeth and wiped the mascara from under my eyes!

My two most embarrassing moments were both during Spray Tanning sessions! The first was in the Spa with a 4* hotel where I was training a couple of ladies with their own compressor and airbrush system. Not something I would normally have done, but they didn't have and didn't really want a HVLP system.

With one of my ladies doing well applying the tan the other was being a perfect model and stood semi naked model in the booth, the fire alarm went off and this time it was not a false alarm!

The whole hotel had to be evacuated, staff, guests, conference - everyone! The clever alarm system soon told the fire officers where the problem was and they very nearly came barging in!

I had to convince them it was the airbrush and compressor system which was causing the excess overspray which set off the alarm in the first place and had to promise faithfully NEVER to use it again! :o

The second on worst ever for me was when I was doing a charity event at a new salon, I was doing a Tanathon to raise money for the local Cancer Hospital in Cardiff.

A dear old lady, who was in her 80's decided she was going to brave it and have a spray tan, while she was getting undressed, I was standing with my back to her changing the solution in the gun, now I must have loosened the top, and then she asked me about a very dry area on her arm, so I put the bottle down and put some moisturiser on for her. I then proceeded to turn back around, shake the bottle . . . . oops, I had forgotten about the top being loose . . . it all flew out everywhere!

OMG I could have died! The poor lady was already covered in solution, as were her clothes, the salon walls, workstation, door - in fact I had shaken the best part of a 500ml bottle all over the place!

We all learn from our mistakes!!!

What to do following that situation :idea::

1 look horrified - easy - natural reaction! :eek:
2 want to find the big hole in the floor and be swallowed up by it.
3 apologise profusely :hug:
4 offer a tissue - or three, that aren't already soaked!
5 laugh - it was the only thing we could do! :lol:
6 carry on with the tan
7 don't charge the client - but she did insist as it was for charity!
8 put it in the book of life's experiences!
9 think there are worse things in life that could happen
10 remember to always put the lid on tightly before shaking the bottle! :rolleyes:

This has been brilliant. I haven't laughed so much in AGES!
I'll post mine soon - I have to make tea now, but at least I'm in a far jollier mood now!

I just had to res this, I needed a good laugh and thought you all could do with it too:lol:

I just had to res this, I needed a good laugh and thought you all could do with it too:lol:

Well ta very much Susie... I forgot I wrote this and I can't believe how honest I am... darn that honesty :lol::lol:

Hi guys

great thread - very funny - i have been laughing my head off

ha ha - 3 years on still funny!
Another one I thought of the other day - I was using my friend (also a nail tech) as a model when training and we were chatting away. She made a comment about the perineum. I stopped dead and said "do you know where that is?"
She replies - "of course I do" and points to the hyponychium! After I had stopped laughing I explained her mistake - and she had said this to customers too!

Latest posts

Back