What's your favourite cake?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My favourite cake is anything cakey :D

There is a bakers where I grow up in Glasgow and they did a danish pastry to die for, need to pop in next time home, I also love Christmas cake, my birthday is end Oct and my mum sent my dad to M&S to buy me a Chirstmas cake for my birthday, dad came back with an un-iced one as the rest were all christmassy!!

Annie xx

Chocolate fudge cake, sticky toffee pudding, Victoria sponge cake, anything choux pastry with oozing fresh cream, carrot cake, madiera, coffee cake... Swiss roll, French fancies, millionaire caramel shortcake... Can't beat an Eccles cake with a strong cup of tea though. Oh and cheesecake... Do Jaffa Cakes count? Mr Kipling used to do Jaffa Fingers, but they've not made them for years, complained about it as I was craving them when pregnant.

Lemon madera toffee pavlova caramel cheese cake brownie cake chocolate cake rice crispy cake lol and cornflakes cakes childish I know but love um lol I just love a but of cake lol xx

Eccles cakes are scrummy :D I like them warmed in the microwave lol

I will eat most cake but no marzipan please tis yakky xx

WOW - you lot love your cakes lol!

Best desert I've ever had was London Savoy (I know, showing off, but work meeting apparently!), lime cheesecake with crispy stem ginger base. Still dream about that and it was over 20 year ago.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

warm chocolate fudge cake, syrup/sticky toffee pudding, spotted ****, jam roly poly all with custard. lemon merinque pie, key lime pie (eating home made one now) cheese cake, mr kiplings slices....
oh i just love ALL cakes and anything sweet! Im far worse and eating far more since i gave up smoking!

I love nutella cupcakes.... Use a Madeira sponge recipe and cook for 5 mins then plop a blob of nutella into each then finish cooking - pure bliss

Kxx

Rasberry cheesecake from Starbucks - know what I will be having tomorrow at a coffee catch up with friends :lick:

My friend makes awesome lemon drizzle cake.

Vicki xx

My nan's fruit cake and her sponge cake with chocolate butter icing in the middle! O my god u can't beat them. And what's even better I live next door to her and she brings them round still warm out the oven! I'm so spoilt! Yum Yum Yum!!

Sent from my GT-I9000 using SalonGeek

Oh DandelionPoppy,I'm gluten free too! Can't find a decent gf chocolate cake anywhere! Any recipe books/websites you recommend?xxxx

Oh DandelionPoppy,I'm gluten free too! Can't find a decent gf chocolate cake anywhere! Any recipe books/websites you recommend?xxxx

Hi! Try BBC Goodfood recipe. Very calorific, but hey who's counting? The ground almonds make it beautifully moist but very rich. YUM!

For everyday sponge I follow the usual all-in -one recipe (6 ozs SR flour, I use Dovefarm, soft spread, sugar, 3 eggs, a little water....it's a bit heavier than "normal" but to me still edible! (2 tins, sandwich with GF jam, ie no starch added)

Off subject, but have you found Genius bread? It actually is OK, a first, for me, in GF bread.
Sorry to go off-thread, OP!

Is ANY an acceptable answer?

I will eat most cake but no marzipan please tis yakky xx

With you on this one; my nan buys battenberg and cuts the marzipan off for me lol.

Banana loaf or carrot cake for me - that's 2 of my 5 :)

My Grandma used to make a lovely sponge cake, it had jam and butter cream icing in the middle with icing on top and sprinkles and she always used to get jelly diamonds to put on the cake but somehow they never got as far as the cake.......:wink2: yum!

Thanks Dandelion! Will try that website. Yep,had genius,love it!(as far as gf bread goes anyway!)xxxx

Cheesecake, any flavour. I eat a whole one to myself on a regular basis. I make awesome ones, always light and fluffy. They contain bout a trilion calories but I don't care!

Chocolate fudge cake, sticky toffee pudding, Victoria sponge cake, anything choux pastry with oozing fresh cream, carrot cake, madiera, coffee cake... Swiss roll, French fancies, millionaire caramel shortcake... Can't beat an Eccles cake with a strong cup of tea though. Oh and cheesecake... Do Jaffa Cakes count? Mr Kipling used to do Jaffa Fingers, but they've not made them for years, complained about it as I was craving them when pregnant.

Oh and profiteroles and tiramisu and cream horns, vanilla slices... Ice cream cakes the do in Southern Italy... Mmm

Apple Strudel drowning in custard...

Oh baby...

Oh and profiteroles and tiramisu and cream horns, vanilla slices... Ice cream cakes the do in Southern Italy... Mmm

Apple Strudel drowning in custard...

Oh baby...

I just drooled all over my laptop..........

Latest posts

Back