All mobile/home salons do you have insurance?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

All mobiles/ home salons do you have insurance

• Yes of course i have insurance and all heath and safety procedures in place!!

Votes: 49 71.0%
  • I only have insurance

Votes: 20 29.0%
  • I am covered under the salon i rent from

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Whats insurance?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Little Angel

Premium Geek
Reaction score
Hi

I am just curious as to whether any of you who do hair, nails, beauty, massage etc, mobile, home salon, rent a room etc have insurance? And also do you have your msds, cossh, heath and safety and risk assesments?

yes I will have as soon as I'm up and running as a business again. In today's sue em society you'd be mad not to.

Wouldn't dare to do any service without it to be honest.

Exactly, not worth an expensive lawsuit which could cost you your house if something ever went badly wrong... however unlikely that might be...

God there is no way I would be out and about without insurance.

As to health and safety I am conciouse that when I go to peoples houses of my environment and what may constitute a hazard. I ask people to have someone else to look after their children when I am there as I wont be responsible for their actions, etc. if there is an accident. I explain the dangers, if any, to them.

I think that is all you can do.

I am currently making up a leaflet for clients explaining what I expect from them when I enter their home for a treatment, and what they can expect from me.

God there is no way I would be out and about without insurance.

As to health and safety I am conciouse that when I go to peoples houses of my environment and what may constitute a hazard. I ask people to have someone else to look after their children when I am there as I wont be responsible for their actions, etc. if there is an accident. I explain the dangers, if any, to them.

I think that is all you can do.

I am currently making up a leaflet for clients explaining what I expect from them when I enter their home for a treatment, and what they can expect from me.

Good point - am guessing that mobile work in people's homes could present greater risks than working in a home salon - e.g. if you were doing a waxing treatment and some wax got dropped on someone's expensive new carpet! The childcare issue would be critical too - you wouldn't want a small child pulling the cable on a wax heater and get hot wax landing on them! Same would apply to dogs and cats too - they can be quite clumsy sometimes, especially when there's more than one animal in the househould and they chase each other!

When doing things like hair colouring, I guess there's a risk of product staining bathroom suites etc as well if one isn't careful???

Its just not worth the risk of having no insurance. As professionals we must be insured .
What is the point of going through all our training and studying hard if we are going to let ourselves, clients, and the industry down by having no insurance.

Personally I would never work without insurance.

As an advanced reflexologist and aromatherapist i am insured for much more than the bog standard 3 million.
I do wonder though that having trained to a higher level why we need to be insured for more!!
Surely an advanced practitioner poses much less of a risk than the norm?

Its just an observation though and i'm not complaining because i am well covered, and this gives me peace of mind.

Elaine xxxxxxxxxxxxx:hug:

defo would b silly not to i y :hug::hug: h

Yup, definately! Peace of mind and all of that, plus if you shop around, it isn't that expensive.

If you want cheap but good insurance, I've heard Salon Insurance is quite good in the UK.

One of my clients is looking for a good insurance company in the US. Does anyone know of one?

Rebecca x

Did you know that 50% of home insurance claims are for accidental damage, but most home insurers refuse to cover accidental damage for therapists working from home – they exclude damage like spills on sofas and carpets, cracks to basins and any damage caused by clients?

Due to this, the Guild have set up a special Home Therapist policy with Layton Blackham, to ensure that your home is properly protected. If you want any more details, PM me, or click here.

i'll definatly get insurance when i get my certs through, not worth the risk going mobile without it!
(just got to decide which insurance company to go with now:confused:)
x

Did you know that 50% of home insurance claims are for accidental damage, but most home insurers refuse to cover accidental damage for therapists working from home – they exclude damage like spills on sofas and carpets, cracks to basins and any damage caused by clients?

Due to this, the Guild have set up a special Home Therapist policy with Layton Blackham, to ensure that your home is properly protected. If you want any more details, PM me, or click here.

Hi, any insurance for Hairdressers ?
and hair extensions procedures ?:hug:
Many thanks

Hi Geeks

Two quickies;

1. There's been talk of having insurance for when things go wrong; but even if you've done nothing wrong, you need insurance to cover you for the really heavy legal costs of defending yourself when someone SAYS you have!

2. Yep. We cover hair fully.

Regards

PHILIP SWINFORD
Marketing Services Manager
BABTAC

DOn't think anyone will admit to not having insurance :confused:and doing treatments. Its not professional.

Of course I have mine, I wouldnt dare do treatments without it.:)

I most certainly have insurance I wouldn't work without it, not worth the risk. :lol:

Yes I have insurance, I couldn't qualify for my certificates with CND without proof of insurance - how it should be.

Yes I most certainly have insurance I wouldn't work without it, not worth the risk

I have insurance with professional beauty direct, but changing over to the guild.

Can i just ask u guys, you all state you have insurance for home baced salons, but do you have full salon insurance or personall insurance. I am insured by the guild and have found out i need the three pound a year cover which will cover me against any one tripping on the way into my home and that sort of thing. In regards to health and safety did you all get an electrician in to check appliences and do you declare this with your taxes at the end of the year, which then puts you in the section for capital gains
sorry just was interested on how u gous have approached home salons
jenny

Hi all, i am very new to the home business and i do have insurance but what do i need to do for health and safety??? xx

Latest posts

Back