Competition - Salon Nails (closing date 30 Sept 2007)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will def be entering, will be nice to see what the judges think of my nails, will we get the results of our score sheet even if we dont win because it would e a great help to show what we need to improve on?

Yes I should be able to do that no probs x

I will def be entering, will be nice to see what the judges think of my nails, will we get the results of our score sheet even if we dont win because it would e a great help to show what we need to improve on?

Yes I should be able to do that no probs x

Wow - that would be great!

bumping this up for any newbies x

Hi,

I've read all the posts for this thread and I understand it all but I do sooo many different sets of nails that i'm unsure as to what would be classed as 'salon nails'. Are we talking 'comp nails but done in our own time and space' or something else? Sorry for being completely thick!!! :rolleyes:

I've been a nail tech for nearly 8 years and I've never entered a comp because I've never felt the need to put myself under so much pressure but I think I might give this one a go cos I don't have to have anyone peering over me!!!! Do we just email he pics to you Judy?

Hi,

I've read all the posts for this thread and I understand it all but I do sooo many different sets of nails that i'm unsure as to what would be classed as 'salon nails'. Are we talking 'comp nails but done in our own time and space' or something else? Sorry for being completely thick!!! :rolleyes:

I've been a nail tech for nearly 8 years and I've never entered a comp because I've never felt the need to put myself under so much pressure but I think I might give this one a go cos I don't have to have anyone peering over me!!!! Do we just email he pics to you Judy?

OK..the idea for this comp is a great set of nails that you offer, be it sculpted, tips etc. just the nails that you offer as a day to day service. Yes done in your own time and space...that leaves everyone the option to put anything right that they are not happy with.
The main idea is to have fun and get involved on the site.
Email me the pics at the email addy at the bottom of my post.
I've had quite a few entries so far but would love more.
SO PLEASE ENTER THIS COMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We've got a load of great prizes and thousands of techs here so please enter and don't be afraid to show your work, we've still got a few weeks so please get involved. Even if it means you taking your camera to work x

Do you need before and after pics Judy?

Ok, thanks Judy. I think I will give it a go :eek: but hopefully I'll get some positive feedback. If not positive, then maybe constructive!!!!

Good luck to everyone who enters, especially the new ones like myself!!! :hug:

Ok.. im in!!! If for nothing other then the chance to enter and see what i can produce! :green::green::green::green:

So do I start now and then send in my pics when im done??

One pic before and one after from a similar angle would be great.
Just send me your pics as soon as you are ready x

Dont worry Jude, we will get them in to you, you will have a last minuite rush I am sure:)

hello, i've been a skin geek for a while but have recently done gel enhancement training, i'm in practise mode waiting for my assesment, can i stil enter, please:green:, they might not be great but it will be a great way to practice:green:
thanks

Hi Judy, I have sent you pictures today I hope you received them ok.

I have never entered a comp before and must say it was thrilling to do even though no one was watching. I look forward to doing another one!
and the score sheet lol.

Right count me in !
Just got my model sorted (lol she would be made up to hear me call her a model ha ha)
I know what look I am going for, and i cant wait for my score sheet to help me improve xxx

Thank you to the judges for er ........judging lol
and the donater's for giving prizes,
and judy too your a star for organising this, very kind of you all xxxxxxx:hug:

ok I've sent mine......can't wait till I get to see everyone else's too!

OK I've so far had 9 entries, thanks everyone.
Still a couple of weeks to go so please don't forget to send your entries to me x

OK I've so far had 9 entries, thanks everyone.
Still a couple of weeks to go so please don't forget to send your entries to me x

with 5 great prizes up for grabs it makes far more sense to enter this than to do the lottery!

come on everybody - join in the competition or we may see another side of Judge Judy!!

only 9 entries???
im shocked
this is a great comp that everyone can have a go at
its great practice!!!!!

come on guys!!!

come on guys!!!
I'm getting my groove on but deciding whether to enter today's nailbiter or wait until my next 'bad case' lol

I'm definitely entering though, it's all good fun :D

Well I got my sister round today,
and spent 3 hours on her nails ...yes that's right 3 hours :eek:
and am I submitting them ...........NO
they are rubbish :cry: they are not smiley lovely nails....but grumpy egyptian hats.

So why the hell did these turn out worse than any set I normally do ?
coz I tried to hard mabey ..god knows but they were crap and im not entering them.

I had a dip the size of a pea in the thumb nail !!! dont know where it came from , coz i never put it there ...:o :lol:

I got my mate coming round tomorrow night, so I'll try for round 2 .see how they go

I will flippin enter though , I'm not looking for perfect , as I know I can't acheive that..just my usual standard will do lol

WHY OH WHY DID MY PERFECT NATURAL NAIL CLIENT HAVE TO HAVE PINK CRUSHED SHELL AND DRIED FLOWER INSTEAD OF P+W THIS WEEK ggggrrrrrrr:irked:

Latest posts

Back