Do you have any creepy / ghost stories ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blush09

Reaction score
heres mine:

when i was a teen, during the long boring summer hols - we used to bunk "into" the school fields (that must be a first!) as they were out of the way and no one bothered us there .. there was a whole group of us, girls and boys being noisy just having a laugh . anyway, one day one of the lads brought his rottweiler dog with him and we were just messing around when the dog started barking and ran off the field and up the the fire escape steps to one of the school buildings and then stopped dead barking like mad at the glass back door .. as we approached, 3 of us inc me (but not the others, which was strange) could see the outline of someone in the glass door, we thought we'd been rumbled and were about to get real a telling off - then the shadow or outline or whatever it was started swaying, and the dog stopped barking, let out a yelp and ran back down the steps, jumped over the school wall - with us following!
we later found out from one of the lads older sisters, that a teacher had hung himself in just that spot .. the inside of the glass door, 8 summers previously, still gives me goosebumps thinking about it and how that dog reacted .

Last edited:
this one happened to my sister, but it just cracks me up ..

she and her husband were on holiday, in york and came across a quaint old pub
there were only cpl tables and it was really cramped but decided to have something to eat anyway. as she sat down something caught her eye and as she looked up she did a double take as an empty chair on the table opposite was slowly moving into the table as if someone was settling down for something to eat also!
she told her husband, who immediately told her she was seing things and not to be so stupid, so they went on to order their lunch ..
when it came to paying the bill, the proprietor asked if everything ok etc .. and they got into some small talk .. he eventually mentioned that the pub was haunted, and that the ghost was often seen moving things around the area of the table where she saw the moving chair .
my sister couldnt contain herself and shouted at her husband : " see i told you id seen a ghost sitting down at that chair to lunch with us " .. at that point the pub went quiet, and everyone was looking at her like she was totally nuts .. doesnt sound that funny as i write it, but i can just imagine it .. my sister is usually so serious as well, lol

Last edited:
While I was doing dishes one day I caught out of the corner of my eye a tall glowing figure walking from our bedroom to the living room.
I have seen this type of thing before.It is not too uncommon an occurrence for me.
He, on the other hand does not see things that I do, so it was a real shock to me when he ran into the kitchen and asked me if I saw "that".
I asked what it was that he saw and he described the glowing figure walking from our bedroom to the living room where he sat.
I don't know what it was but I have a lovely client, and English nurse actually, whose husband sees angels and ghosts apparently. She thinks it was an angel.
Sounds good to me. I don't know but I didn't get a bad feeling from it at all.

i really like this thread, i find this type of thing so interesting!
i've had a couple of experiences in my house, such as a strong smell of roses in the lounge, and the rocking chair rocking by itself!!
this in itself did not really bother me, but when i was about 14 i had a very scary experience.
i used to have a high sleeper bed, and the head of the bed was by a little window that looked out onto my landing. one night, i woke up, and heard footsteps on the stairs. for some reason i just knew it wasnt any of my family. i was really scared, but decided to peep out the window. and looking back at me was a mans face! the window was about 7ft up so i know it wasn't my dad, plus he was away anyway. OMG i was so scared. i shrieked the house down. anyway, after that i had to get rid of my high sleeper bed and get a normal one, plus having the window boarded up. thankfully it's never happened again! sorry for the long post but i had to tell the whole story! x

I love stuff like this! Both me and my brother are very spiritual. I've been to spiritulist church a few times and had lots of experiences on a regular basis. When I was 11 I went into my room and my radio turned itself on it was on MW so very crackly (not something I ever have on usually FM) also was on the loudest setting so I crapped myself obviously but had the most calmest feeling as if someone put there hands on my shoulders to say - its ok its just the radio, straight away I ran down the stairs and actually ended up crushing my foot and was in plaster for 6 weeks! But was convinced it was my uncle who had passed away just within a month previously. (I then found out later that it was him and I regularly have him visit me which is actually very comforting! I've seen lights, and moving lights, lots of photos with family often contain orbs. I've had medium readings that have always confirmed my close contact with 'spirits' my grandad used to tell me lods of tales of an old house he lived in which was haunted
Posted via Mobile Device

*haunted by ghosts and he felt it was more along the lines of polterguists.
Posted via Mobile Device

I smell a strong flower smell sometimes I thought I was imagining it! also I swear I have heard my name a few times in the house by myself doing housework! but I do have a vivid imagination!
I seem to dream about people that have passed on, a few weeks back I had the perfect image of a man called Mr Ogg he was the husband of my playgroup leader and me & my mum used to go to their house alot till I was about 5, he had passed away a few years later.
Have no idea where it came from but I could see him clear as day sitting in his chair smilling away.

My mum used to work in the Glen Pavilion when I was at school, one day the pump in the bar went off as she was pulling a pint, she asked the other barmaid to get the owner thinking the barrel needed changing.
He came through and said oh their at it again! who we said!
He went down to the cellar, my mum stood at the top of the stairs (she could see him and he never touched a thing) He said right thats enough stop you nonsese! Other barmaid was standing with the pump pulled, and it came back on immeadiately!
Apparently there were ghosts of children from victorian times!

Hi everyone,
i recently arrive back from my holiday,on one of the days,we decide to go for a walk on pier ,but when we arrived,there was a mist everywhere,we couldnt see the houses over looking sea,so i decided to film it to send to my sister,as i played the clip back i could hear the fog horn loud and clear,my other half had done the same thing but his phone hadnt picked up the sound of the horn,so we decided to use mine again,this time filming my hubby walking towards me,we later played it back but there was'nt the sound on that clip either,it was proper creepy!

Well when i was a child we used to live on a world war 2 ship in Hamworthy Dorset, anyway, when my sister and i were playing and running from cabin to cabin we both used to feel someone ruffling our hair, my dads tools would go missing from the engin room and end up in the galley (kitchen) cupboards, it doesn't end there, all through my life i have felt things around me, another time i was about 16-17 and living in a flat in Salisbury with my mum and my 2 sisters, my room also acted as my baby sisters play room, well i was lying in bed one night and i could hear what sounded like ragged breathing, i must admit it did freak me out a little but i decided to be objective and go through all my sisters toys just incase it was an inflatable toy with a hole or something, well by the time i went through it all i found there was no inflatable toys at all, the breathing was there again the next night so i asked my sister if she wanted to switch rooms (i didn't tell her why, i didn't tell anyone) well 2 weeks later she asked my mum if she wanted to swap rooms so they did, well, my mother came flying out of that room one night with a right look on her face, my sister and i came out of our rooms and asked her if she was ok, she didn't know what to say so i said to her, did you hear it? mum looked at me, my sister looked at me then said so thats why you wanted to switch rooms!! We all had a good giggle to ourselves, we found out a few weeks later that an old man had actually died in that room.

I also hear people call my name sometimes, i turn around and there is no one there, it is very strange but i am no longer scared by it, i am a strong believer in life after death, reincarnation and karma, i am more spiritualist than religious. Just remember if you do hear something or see something, they cant hurt you, its the living you have to be careful of sometimes.

I used to live down in Derbyshire in a lovely old converted stable block dating back to the early 1800's which when first converted was occupied by an old man who was looked after by a nurse who lived in...anhoo's in time the old man died and the nurse who had become very close to the old man committed suicide in the house shortly after.

My mum was in the late stages of MS and couldn't move and stayed over with me one night in the spare room.

Well in the morning I went in to say good morning and bring her in a morning cup of tea.

We chatted for a while and as I was getting up to go she thanked me for coming into her room and tucking her in and sitting with her during the night.......only trouble was I didn't and there was only the two of us in the house at the time:eek:

Some months later I woke in the night and somehow had to get out of bed and check the hallway...at the bottom of the hallway was a lady dressed in a vivid blue satin dress holding my then 3 year old sun's hand heading for the toilet....as I saw her she was looking back up the hallway smiling.

Not a scary experience whatsoever...somehow comforting although at times when in the house on my own I did often get a cold shiver and needed to check behind me .

And I wasn't a believer in ghost's :eek:

dont know what the hell my daughter saw that night, but this story is true ..

one night, we were driving home through a country lane after a trip to london .. when my daughter (bout 6 at the time) leaned forward from the back and asked "are we nearly home, yet?" i didnt have time to reply as the next thing she screamed hysterically "dad mind that man on the horse!" then, immediately ducked and cowered in the back seat if we were about to have a head on colision. there was absolutely nothing there, but my daughter was hysterical, so much so my husband had to pull over to calm her down. she was insisting a man on a big horse rode straight through us .. we explained it was late, she was tired and perhaps she just imagined it but she kept insisting she saw a man on a horse and was getting angry at us that we were doubting her. anyway, to cut a long story short cpl days later i looked on the net to see if there had been any similar sightings in that area, and sure enough over many years there had been several reports of sightings of highwaymen travelling towards london on that same stretch from the direction we were heading .. thaxted, of **** turpin fame ! .. obviously not saying it was him, lol but to this day my daughter insists a man on a horse rode straight through the car, creepy

I always try and remain sceptical as its less scary! Never the less there have been a few occasions where i cant make sense of things...

The earliest i had i must have been about 6.
I woke up early morning, it was light out but only just sunrise and the whole house was still asleep. As i woke my duvet was floating down onto me, as it falls when someone is makeing the bed and it layed neatly over me.
I was scared i froze stiff, the duvet had landed just above my eyes, accross my forehead but as i was so scared i didnt look out above it, just fell back to sleep.
When i woke it was light out and most definately morning now, my duvet was neat all around me- my duvet was normally hanging off the bed, screwed up- all sorts.
So i got up, firstly asked my mum "did you make my bed last night while i was asleep in it?" (she never made my bed when i wasnt asleep in it so i knew this was likely a silly question anyway!), she replied no, she hadnt and not to be silly i probably dreamed it.
So i asked my brother the same question and then my dad, all thought i was crazy and said no.
I was sure at the time i hadnt dreamed it as i woke up so neat and tidy after but with time i always question whether or not it was really a dream.

In that same house (the road i lived in had many years previously been called 'murdering lane' due to the number of deaths there!! Then changed to murthering with time) I remember playing hide and seek with the neighbours one time, i was up the stairs and a door nob rattled as if someone had just shut the door but i could find nobody in there so i left, a bit creeped out. When i found the others i asked if anyone had been in there and they all said they hadnt. Again, i decided i probably imagined it.

They were the most memorable accounts from that house/ my childhood.

jade mb - what are those moving lights? i have never experienced them myself but my ex boyfriend saw them all the time in the bedroom we shared when i moved in with him and his dad whilst at college.
his dad also said he'd seen them cpl time, at the time i thought they were both mad as had never heard of lights or orbs (until most haunted came out, lol!) but my bf thought it might be his mum, as she had died in the house when he was 15

i really believe in the after life, before i recently went on mat leave i worked cpl days i a residential/ nursing home .. and although have never seen actual spirits or ghosts (some of my colleagues have) have experienced and witnessed strange things .. like residents with basically no life left in them at all, calling out their loved ones names and holding out their hands just before passing. an old lady who was fit as a fiddle announcing at supper time "my brenda (her deceased daughter - a child) has been visiting me .. i know its my time, ive enjoyed all your company " then going back to her room and having a fatal heart attack.
another lady being brought back to life by the paramedics and going mad at them, saying her deceased husband was about to take her to see her mum and dad!
several residents in one corridoor complaining about a lady with a white bun in her hair, waking them up at night .. or sitting in one of thems chair and just staring at her, not answering when resident talked to her. no lady with buns in the home .. nice perms and blue rinses perhaps, but there used to be a lady with a bun who lived on the same corridoor in several different rooms over space of 5 yrs and who used to wonder about confused which was her room, since passed !
one night my colleague and i walked past a room where a gentlemen had passed away that morning, he was a lovely old man but in his final days had been confused and kept ringing his bell non stop, the staff were run off there feet going backwards and forwards to his room. as we passed, my colleague commented "aww .. poor mr xyz, he wont ringing his bell anymore" and at that exact moment, his bell started to ring!

then there are the residents who just say things like, "who's that you've brought in with you" or offering you a mint humbug and saying "ask your friend if she wants one" or "can you get them girls to stop skipping round my bed" when its just the two of you in the room! have had the skipping girls thing mentioned several times by different resident, the home used to be an orphanage so dont know if at all connected?
i try and put some of it down to the medication that they are perhaps taking, but it does make you wonder ..

all a bit creepy, but i guess kind of reassuring also ..

Last edited:
More recently, in the property i moved out of two years ago, i was until this couple of events a complete sceptic, but these were scary!

Things would often fall from the fireplace in our old flat and we'd think nothing of it- it'd be probably just a breeze from somewhere or there'd always be a reason.
One day a piece of paper fell down, i just commented to my other half how odd it was that this thing fell as i was sure it was propped behind the back of a photo frame. I replaced it then a little while later another piece of paper fell (i had lots of receipts and things just sitting there, messy as i am!).
My other half, knowing how sceptical i was, started messing saying 'oooh it must be a ghost' to which i replied "well if there is a bloody ghost i wish it would start picking up its mess coz i'm getting fed up of picking up over the lazy old thing!" and we laughed about it, me taking the mickey out of this pain in the bum 'ghost', well, less then 5 minutes later i baloon that was in the corner of the room just randomly burst, made me jump and pour my wine down myself!
This i couldn't give logic to, the balloon had layed there undisturbed for days, was slightly deflated as it was old and was sat on top of only my little boys cuddly toys , no reason i could give for it randomly popping but it certainly shut me up from laughing!
The next day a heavy candle in a metal candle holder randomly fell off the window sill too.
I spoke to the neighbour mentioning these events just in passing and she said how spooky it must be and that the previous tenant had also complained of spooky goings on!

Needless to say, i'm not as much of a sceptic anymore! I still try and find logic for everything first though!

chocolate pickle .. another essex haunting, lol, whereabouts are you from?
im from saffron walden, an old market town so lots of ghosties here, lol
we have a pub in town that is renowned for ghostly goings on, nearly everyone has a story to tell about it and im pretty sure its been featured on most haunted. my mil stayed ther and said that her shoes had been been put in the wardobe (she'd left them in the bathroom) and the buttons done up on a blouse she had loosely hung over a hanger .. ok not mind blowing, but my mil is so straight laced im surprised she even admitted to the goings on .. obviously a tidy ghost, not related to your messy ghost,lol

Last edited:
I grew up in stapleford abbotts, an tiny old village between Romford/ abridge/epping and Brentwood.

My hubby (a spiritual medium) can give loads of spooky accounts as he runs a ghost hunting events company (uk ghost nights). but i have been to some locations and have experienced table turning that even with a 16 stone man sitting on it it continued to move, i have seen a station master on a railway platform one second he was there then he was gone. At home, we have a tall gent who we regularly see checking on our eldest son. We have had so many weird and wonderful experiences, seen things that defy all explanation. Now it all seems much of a muchness to me so i dont get that excited any more. I think its really quite comforting to know that there is at least something after our loved one are gone.

i just want to say i am loving this thread!
a few years back i went on holiday with my friend and her mum to tenby, and we stayed in a 3 bedroom maisonette.
My friend and I were in one of the upstairs bedrooms, and her mum was staying in the downstairs bedroom.
The first afternoon we were there we put the cd player on, and were dancing around to Robbie Williams while her mum was out. After we had finished listening we switched the cd player off at the wall. While we were watching tv it switched itself on and started playing!
When we were in bed one night, I woke up suddenly to hear footsteps on the landing. Now my friend was in the bed next to me, her mum was downstairs and had no reason to come upstairs because the bathroom was downstairs!! My friend woke up too and heard the footsteps, so I know it wasn't just my imagination.
If that wasn't scary enough... when we went downstairs to have a cigarette and calm down, we found a hand of playing cards spread out on the floor in a fan shape, OMG we were so spooked!! Talk about a haunted holiday!!

If that wasn't scary enough... when we went downstairs to have a cigarette and calm down, we found a hand of playing cards spread out on the floor in a fan shape, OMG we were so spooked!! Talk about a haunted holiday!!

Ooooh that's a bit bizarre hehe xx

Latest posts

Back