Embarrassing Waxing question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so are we calling that area a spade then? lol

By proper medical terms, are you calling it the labia majora?Cos its kind of not, theres more, is'nt there.

Its not a perenium either.

Not quite buttocks.

Asa a body piercer, i really love a good medical term, some of you have suggested thats what we should do in waxing, but I asked a serious question of you waxers, & nobody has answered, just been a bit sarcastic instead.

Oh well.

Ah well I thought by the jokey way your post read you where just being funny, sorry didn;t realise it was a serious question.
When I am with my clients and not my 3yr old I say pubic mound for the top, and labia area for the middle, in the buttocks for the back.Hth.x

By proper medical terms, are you calling it the labia majora?Cos its kind of not, theres more, is'nt there.

Not quite buttocks.

Asa a body piercer, i really love a good medical term, some of you have suggested thats what we should do in waxing, but I asked a serious question of you waxers, & nobody has answered, just been a bit sarcastic instead.

Oh well.

I always call it the undercarriage and my clients always know what I am talking about. I call a penis a penis, a labia a labia etc etc.. but for the body part we are talking about on this thread, then undercarriage is what most people would understand. lol!

The correct medical term for the external female genitalia is vulva. Most clients won't understand this term and I believe in tailoring my terminology to suit the client, e.g. I have a client who is a GP and I refer to her body in its correct anatomical terms. I have another client who is (by her own admission) "the blondest blonde on Blonde Street", and she refers to her pubic hair as pant beard!
No point blinding the client with science; you run the risk of alienating them or coming across as diffident and condescending.

. We also do a Las vegas, which includes swarovski crystals being bonded :) Very big in the US.
I have to see this.. I am not being silly here, but as i assume they are bonded to the pubic hair, i keep picturing dropping my knickers to show off my new bling and my fella running a mile thinking i have some nasty dripping disease..
which is why i would love to see a pic.. :eek:

I always call it the undercarriage and my clients always know what I am talking about. I call a penis a penis, a labia a labia etc etc.. but for the body part we are talking about on this thread, then undercarriage is what most people would understand. lol!

Thanks Jen :hug:
I really appreciate you answering that for me :)
I like under-carriage personally, lol

Calla, Hi,
The part were describing isnt really part of the vulva
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/002343.htm
I'm referring to the almost-bum-cheeks :)
& I sometimes call all that must be removed before swimming: the pant-beard :green: (if i put that in a way that makes sense)

Not quite buttocks.

Oh well.

Well you could call it a spade! You may need one for your lady garden :)
My customers have all sorts of names, mary, lady garden, hoo ha, honey pot, bits and pieces to name a few.
When my daughter was younger she always had a front bum and a back bum!
I still think it more professional to not use slang terms.
Some names my customers comes out with absolutely crack me up and some of them make me blush :o

lol :)

so many names for the same thing,
what a rich & varied language we have :lol:

:hug:

Thanks Jen :hug:
I really appreciate you answering that for me :)
I like under-carriage personally, lol

Calla, Hi,
The part were describing isnt really part of the vulva
MedlinePlus Medical Encyclopedia: Vulva
I'm referring to the almost-bum-cheeks :)
& I sometimes call all that must be removed before swimming: the pant-beard :green: (if i put that in a way that makes sense)

It is defiantly each to their own but I do think 99 out of 100 women would know where her undercarriage is! My 78 year old mum says undercarriage ( ewww this is too much information! ) so the terminology has been around for many years !
Now if I said fan fan she'd prob think its something she cools her face with!:)

I seem to have started something here!!! It has made me laugh tho!

Latest posts

Back