Embarrassing Waxing question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think its importantto distinguish between them all so the client knows exactly what they are getting and the therapist knows exactly what they are doing so you dont need to even waste time asking if they want this off if they want that off, its just nonsense. As quick as you can get them in, waxed and out.

That's different from us down south (pardon the pun). I think that's why it's important to detail what exactly is being waxed......regardless of what it's called, so that the client knows exactly what they're getting.

It's different from me up in Scotland as well I remove the butt hair & undercarriage on a brazilian. I wouldn't be chuffed going for a braz and having the butt and undercarriage left.

I think when there are too many names it confuses everything, best just to ask the client when they call or come in.

It's different from me up in Scotland as well I remove the butt hair & undercarriage on a brazilian. I wouldn't be chuffed going for a braz and having the butt and undercarriage left.

I think when there are too many names it confuses everything, best just to ask the client when they call or come in.

I don't think it's confusing at all. I give my waxes names so that client (male and female) don't have to start reeling off a list of body parts when they book their appointment. They just say the name and that's it and most of them comment on how much easier that is.

I don't think it's confusing at all. I give my waxes names so that client (male and female) don't have to start reeling off a list of body parts when they book their appointment. They just say the name and that's it and most of them comment on how much easier that is.

Difference is Kim you have them all clearly laid out on your website with full descriptions which makes it really easy for your clients to then ask for a particular one.

I'm sure if someone called without looking at your website and asked for a brazilian you wouldn't confuse them with 'are you sure you don't want a ......... or an .........?' when they don't know the difference x

Kim did for me.....not a hair in sight now!!

i would quite like the under carriage and back bits waxed off for my holiday in 19 days time but my waxer also happens to be my partners mum so i just cant bring myself to ask lol!!! would you say its worth me paying to have it done somewhere else and how much should i expect to pay(southwest/somerset)
thankyous!!!

:) Hi Kelly i would recommend having it done, feels nice and clean and tidy after, husbands normally pretty happy too.lol!
In my area you pay around £20- £25. Hth.x

i would quite like the under carriage and back bits waxed off for my holiday (southwest/somerset)
thankyous!!!

Please don't call it 'under carriage'.....make you sound like a Shire Horse. :hug:

this thread is makin me smile for sum reason...i bet you all r to!!!!!!funni

Please don't call it 'under carriage'.....make you sound like a Shire Horse. :hug:

lol thats why i need it done!!!!!.........neigh!!!!!!!!!

*raises hand*
please Miss, whats a better name for that area? Thanks :)

I had a really crap hollywood the other week, she didn't even go to the back of my..er...ladyparts, never mind my bumcrack, I had loads of stragglers left and it's growing back quite alarmingly already.:eek:

Back to my regular salon for me methinks.

Me, earlier!
*raises hand*
please Miss, whats a better name for that area? Thanks

under-carriage it is then. :)

Errm I was thinking that Apex73.........Anyone have some nice pleasant terms for describing those areas that can be used for CLEAR and easy reference please??????

:) My little girl calls it her fan fan! :lol::lol:
Not sure what my clients would think:eek:

lol lol loving the swarovski crystals! How much do you charge for that? In my salon we dont do las vegas, if they ask for a brazillian I wax sides, underneath leave strip at the top and ask them if they would "like me to take the wax right round the back " they always know what you mean and most people have this done as well.. if find they are less embarassed to be asked this during the waxing procedure rather than before (they are generally more comfortable with you at this point! lol) the price lists we have dont explain what each wax entails.. they really should i know! I call everything off the hollywood. Women are more aware of this type of waxing nowadays and most salons offer them so i dont think she should be embarassed.

:) My little girl calls it her fan fan! :lol::lol:
Not sure what my clients would think:eek:

LOL !!!

It be sooo funny if you asked your client if she wants all her fan fan waxed !

Under carriage YUCK! So tell me which body parts this term includes.:irked:

Undercarriage- the landing gear of a plane!
Yeah that describes it well-not!
I think if i had a Brazilian and the therapist described it as an undercarriage i'd wonder what she was going on about!
I think if you use the proper medical terms then women will know what you are talking about.
If you went to the doctors and he/she started using different terms you would wonder if they were embarrassed to say the proper medical terms or if they were qualified.
I believe you should call a spade a spade :)

Latest posts

Back