Embarrassing Waxing question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sassy32

Reaction score
:o I was talking to a friend the other day about intimate waxing, I don't do it myself but she told me that she has her bikini line done but also has a problem with hair around her bum area :o She's says she's too embarrased to ask the therapist to do it incase she offends her and it isn't the norm. So I said I'd ask on here for some advice.
Hope you can help thanks.

I don't really understand your question.
Is it that she has a hairy bum (totally normal) or that she have something 'wrong' with her bum (piles etc also fairly normal)?

Sorry didn't make myself clear, it's that she has a hairy bum.

No it's not unusual!

It would normally be done on a brazilian, not normally on a standard bikini but if she asks the therapist will do it xxx

Thanks for that, she will be relieved now!! Is a Brazilian the whole lot off? She did ask me that too but can never remember which is which!!
Thanks again x

It depends on the salon or therapist as there are many different ways to do a brazilian however my my brazilian I always ask if they want any hair left above the mon pubis, everything else is removed from the inner and outer labia to the anal passage.

some salons also call everything off the hollywood so just ask in advance on before the procedure so you know !!!

hth

Last edited:
No it's not unusual!

It would normally be done on a brazilian, not normally on a standard bikini but if she asks the therapist will do it xxx

it is totally normal....some people have more hair than others but it is drematically reduced once waxed....i have found.in the words of kim 'if a woman says she doesnt have a hairy bum.....sher is lying!!!!' lol.

But, not everybody does a true brazilian, which is including the bum. Some just do the front and dont touch the bum. She needs to ask her therapist what she classes as a brazilian because if its just the front then shes not doing a true true brazilian.

Ah well then, yes def tell her to just say it to the therapist.
Even if it's not 'named' as such on their menu they could still do it and charge accordingly.

A hairy bum is totally normal so she shouldn't worry about it. She just needs to be a little less shy when having her waxing done and ask her therapist to do it. The worst her therapist can say is no if she's not trained or not comfortable to wax that area. In that case, she can ask around for another therapist who will do it.

If its something that bothers her she shouldn't put up with it and be unhappy, she should be brave and ask!

i have found.in the words of kim 'if a woman says she doesnt have a hairy bum.....sher is lying!!!!' .

PMSL.....I'm sure that will go down in history as a famous quote and no doubt come back to haunt me. xxx

Ps. Yes it's totally normal.

PMSL.....I'm sure that will go down in history as a famous quote and no doubt come back to haunt me. xxx

Ps. Yes it's totally normal.

Kim thats just like admitting on a worldwide forum that you have a hairy butt! :lol::lol::lol:

I think most people have a hairy bum! Certainly from my scrub nursing days I can't really recall anyone totally hair free in that department. Some people are far more hairy than others and it's nothing to be ashamed about. It's not as if you have any say in the matter, is it! I'm happy to admit that I have a few hairs lurking around there, but they're much reduced after years of Brazilians!
:)

We all know it's normal but I bet when asked we would all say No way not me, I don't have a hairy butt! :lol:

I waxed a girl at a class once on the second day of a show. She sat in my first class to make sure I knew what I was doing before she asked if I needed a model, said she was very hairy and wouldn't trust herself to just anyone. She wasn't kiddin!! I started her on her hands and knees and had to do some serious trimming on her butt before I could wax her bum. At the end of the service we decided (she was a very tiny woman) that when we started she weighted 90 pounds and now weighed 84.

Long story short, hair on the bum, crack of the bum and bum cheeks: all normal!

The Brazillian does not include any hair removal underneath, it is just a strip left in the centre and sides taken away. A Playboy is a strip left with hair removed underneath and round the bum area. Lastly the Hollywood, which is everything removed-not one hair left. If someone came into my salon and asked for a Brazilian I would not remove hair from underneath or the bum - this would be a Playboy. We also do a Las vegas, which includes swarovski crystals being bonded :) Very big in the US.

are we talking bottom cheeks or BOTTOM...? if its BOTTOM then wouldn't it be extremely painful to wax there ...?

We're talking bottom as inbetween the 2 bum cheeks. It's actually not that painful, the rest of the bikini area can be worse. I turn my clients round on all fours as this is an easier position for them to help me stretch the skin. You feel so much cleaner having this area waxed. Its funny because some ladies say the dont have hair there - EVERYONE does! I alsways get this area waxed, feels amazing after.

The Brazillian does not include any hair removal underneath, it is just a strip left in the centre and sides taken away. A Playboy is a strip left with hair removed underneath and round the bum area. Lastly the Hollywood, which is everything removed-not one hair left. If someone came into my salon and asked for a Brazilian I would not remove hair from underneath or the bum - this would be a Playboy. We also do a Las vegas, which includes swarovski crystals being bonded :) Very big in the US.

In my experience, the majority of clients asking for a brazilian do want the undercarriage waxed. In my opinion, the name we give to it is irrelevant, the important thing is to establish what the client wants.

That's different from us down south (pardon the pun). I think that's why it's important to detail what exactly is being waxed......regardless of what it's called, so that the client knows exactly what they're getting.

are we talking bottom cheeks or BOTTOM...? if its BOTTOM then wouldn't it be extremely painful to wax there ...?
No hun its not painful at all and its very quick, the underarms are more painful to have waxed hth

Latest posts

Back