Gelish in Sally's for pro and retail

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now this is what we need on here - someone who can see the same bigger picture Come on Gelish user's are you really going to give up on such an amazing product ? My salon business is worth more to me than that There is no need for the panic and worrying ::) Your businesses will grow and survive you have already made the best choice of product trust it to work for you

Sorry I don't know you, I haven't seen you on here before and see by your date of joining you haven't been with us for very long.

I am not panicking my darling, if Gelish goes into Sallys I will use what I already have and change my range over to another brand. There are several brands out there that are just as good as Gelish and some not as pricey, some a little more expensive but what they have in common is that they remain Professional products.

Why is this taking so long to sink in? We are professionals who do not want to be associated with Sallys, end of! :(

At my local Sally's, if an item is for professional use ONLY, it will have a $0.00 price on it. The sales clerk at my local Sally's said that she anticipates that is how Gelish will be sold so that only nail professionals may purchase it; however, I don't believe it. As it stands now, non-professionals can purchase acrylic kits and nail tips to apply their own enhancements. What makes this any different? I only go to Sally's when I can't get to my regular sources.

I prefer to purchase my products and supplies from suppliers that service only professionals. Locally they are Premier Nail Source, CosmoProf and SalonCentric.

This is obviously happening in the States as well and it seems that Sallys there are not much better than they are here! :cry:

I know Sally's are trying to improve their reputation and I hope they do.
The problem is there are still some stores selling to the public and at the moment, it still hasn't got a great reputation.
My local store still sells to the public. They also don't always ask for your card.
My nephew was working as an apprentice at Lisa Shepherd's and would quite often go there to get supplies for the salon with their trade card. He no longer works there, in fact he no longer works in the trade at all and is not qualified. He still does his own hair though and does a few of his friends. He gets his supplies from Sally's and they never ask to see a card. He went in one day and they said he didn't need his card as they know he worked at Lisa Shepherd's as he had been in lots of times before. They've never asked for his card since!
I know lots of people who buy professional products from there who aren't professionals!
I know Nail Harmony are trying to get brand awareness but I really don't think Sally's is the right choice.
I was a little shocked when I heard and very disappointed.

It's mentioned in a thread on Beautytech in the states, they aren't happy about it there either. :cry:

I highlighted this at the beginning of the month and had really hoped that I didnt hear right - I know I heard right and my feelings on it are known within the group.

I feel very strongly about Sallys being able to endorse a professional brand used by professionails -

I asked what gels they were getting in - they said Gelish, you could have knocked me down with a feather!!!! I asked twice.

Their have been genuine nail techs who have gone out of their way to endorse this brand - as professionals we have endorsed this brand.

I use other gels and I can phase the Gxxxxx out

A sad time:irked:

BEV ROSE
As a distrubitor? You have your facts wrong im afraid -and I apologise in advance if I Have misunderstood.

You mention that trade only sallys will be stocking Gelish?as per your post

My sallys has NOT gone to Trade only and is selling the GELISH (and they have no plans to either, the trade only contracts are done and dusted, im led to believe)

So what is it???? Trade or Non-trade?????? As it seems all are in the dark

Anyone

Some of the Sallys only sell now to trade and some still sell to anyone. The shops that sell to trade have more products than the others so if Harmony have done the right thing they will only allow their products to be stocked in the trade only shops. I am not sure how this will effect the sub distributors though. The only other thing is that Nail Harmony have not confirmed this so at yet it is still only a rumour.:green:
HI just been into my local sallys, they said they would have gelish in by june, and they sell to public

HI just been into my local sallys, they said they would have gelish in by june, and they sell to public

Im really a newbe at gelish and just about to purchase starter kit and love anyone to give me hints to whats best to have, doing asp gel at mo, ok but gelish seems to be the one to have! Will be grateful for info Thanks :confused:

Im really a newbe at gelish and just about to purchase starter kit and love anyone to give me hints to whats best to have, doing asp gel at mo, ok but gelish seems to be the one to have! Will be grateful for info Thanks :confused:

You should do a search on Gelish and you will find lots of information. This thread is really about Gelish being sold in sallys. If you don't find your answer in threads through the search you can always post a new question in a new thread. HTH:)

As the sub distributor for Wales, if I can help, please contact me :green:

Im not happy about it either. I feel let down by Nail Harmony to be honest. I am not being overly dramatic, but I feel like thi product was advertised and shown to be a high end product, which is still is, but the fact that it is stocked in Sallys has damaged its reputation without question. This is proved by this thread! Of course it doesnt change the formulation or the fact that it is a fantastic product, but it does take something away from the treatment when you are able to perform it yourself at home. This is true whether they stock all the colours or not.
I understand that Nail Harmony want to promote their brand to the public, and I dont think people are annoyed at the fact that they are selling to a distributor so much, its the fact that Sallys is percieved as a 'low-end' retailer. I hope Sallys can improve their reputation, its just a shame they didnt do this before Gelish sold to them. This has happened with numerous bands, TIGI, Paul Mitchell, Dermalogica, that were only available in profesional salons but now anyone can buy in boots. I personally feel a bit duped having bought into a 'high end' system that is now available in high street retailer. :cry:

To get my sallys card I only had to produce a photocopy of my manicure certificate. There was no making sure it was a reputable company or anything like that.

Can't say this affects me at all - it doesn't. Sallys is pretty pants ad you can get most of their sundries for less elsewhere. I am surprised harmony have decided to go this way though!

I'm afraid I agree with you too.....wouldn't use Sally's at all.

I was looking into Gelish to add to my service menu. I will be watching this thread with interest because if it is true that they will be stocking in Sally's, I'm afraid I won't be buying it.:(

I was looking into Gelish to add to my service menu. I will be watching this thread with interest because if it is true that they will be stocking in Sally's, I'm afraid I won't be buying it.:(

Yes it is true, has been confirmed by Nail Harmony and Sallys. WIll be on a 3 month trial and a small selection of colours
xx

Hi all...I am here. Sorry for my absence; I am more active on Facebook I'm afraid..there are lots of answers on there.

To say I used SalonGeek as a platform to promote Gelish is not true, I was a member here since way before I took on Nail Harmony, back in my EzFlow days.

With regards to an announcement, we had no idea Sally's were going to start telling people, and we had every intention of making an announcement ourselves. However, I doubt the reaction would have been any different; I would still have been on here explaining my choice. I am saddened though, that it has happened this way, I would have liked to have informed you all as you have been very supportive to our brand and we appreciate that more than you know.

The issue seems to be mostly that Sally's sell to anyone and that retail stores will stock Gelish. The only stores that will stock Gelish are those with a professional section. Sally's have over 270 stores, Gelish is only going into approx 150 of them. The stores which will stock Gelish, even if so called 'retail' stores, will most definitely have a professional section at the back, which does mean they have to produce a trade card. With regards to anyone borrowing that card, this is the case anywhere. Someone mentioned that they too called us and we didn't ask for proof of training. We have always asked about people's training background and I think this has given many of you the opportunity to use Gelish and grow business tenfold. We have no regrets about this as it has given so many the opportunity to grow. So many as has been mentioned before, purchase from trade shows, without having to give proof of training, and we all know that absolutely anyone can attend if they really want to, to purchase Gelish, Creative, Shellac, OPI etc etc.

We made the decision to stock a limited supply to Sally's of 24 colours and the essentials only, as we felt this would make it more accessible to professionals already using Gelish, in addition to the database of professionals that Sally's have.

We are offering Training courses there also, with our very own educators who are trained to a very high standard; prices of Gelish and Training will be the same as they are direct form Nail Harmony and we feel the fact that it is so much more accessible means that people will be more likely to attend their courses than they are at present as they will be more regular; I think this is encouraging.

I have already warned Sally's that if we get reports of our brand getting into the wrong hands, WE WILL PULL IT.

I do hope this has answered your questions, but I will try to get back here to answer any further questions.

Sending you all a little Harmony.........:hug:

xxxx

Yes there is an issue with Sally's selling to non-professionals but there is also the issue of Sally's being seen as unprofessional.
I think that any professional company putting their products into Sally's will lose credibility. Unfortunately I think Nail Harmony will find this out the hard way.
I also don't think more people will attend the courses either. I have never, nor would I ever, attend a course from Sally's.
All I can say is that my flabber is gasted!
I have been advertising in my salon that Gelish is coming soon. I guess CND will be getting more money from me! At least I know that they would never ever sell their products in Sally's.

Too be honest I think a lot of other brands will see there sales increase over this!

It's funny how a company wants to call itself professional but then doesn't act like one.

All these people keep saying oh the public can buy from shows, ebay, online etc..well yes they can soooooo? Just because they can buy it on ebay doesn't mean we should have it in a store where they can buy it and read up on everything else they need ..with the helpfulness of Sally's staff! Gelish should be online only under lock and key away from the public....I really think Nail Harmony should think twice about this and do a u-turn before they not only lose sales but there reputation as well.

Quick buck?! Looks like it.
Beginning of the end.

As an ex-client i can safely say that i didn't think less of a tech who used ASP or Beauty Secrets and surely i didn't think more of the ones who had 'proffessional' products. I surely didn't think i could do it myself or that a brand was iffy because they sold on Sally's.

I think that if a brand loses credibility for selling on Sally's it's only because of that kind of thinking and doesn't not affect how a client thinks of it unless you mentioned it.

As for loyalty issues, i totally understand and agree. Just not the rest of it.

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek

Last edited by a moderator:
When clients ask where I get Minx I'm to tell them its s2. They then probably write it down or say S2 S2........ in their heads all the way home. When they get to their laptop imagine how disappointed they are this information is no good to them and they cant order Minx at trade prices and do their own. Most people know someone who has a Sally's card so trade only or not the public will get their hands on it (no pun intended). They wont know how to use it properly so wont get the best results and will then blame the product not themselves. Not good :eek: as this will give the product a bad name x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back