I don't get it (sacking of English Football Captain)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Velveteen

Reaction score
The English captain has an extramarital affair but issue is taken with the fact that his mistress was the ex-girlfriend of a teammate.

And because of this, John Terry's been replaced as captain by a man currently on suspension for violent conduct.

:eek:Have I missed something?

I don't think she was an ex at the time of the affair ifykwim, well from what Ive seen on news they split up after so at one time she was seeing them both......alledgedly.

Im sorry but I feel they were correct to sack him he is looked up to by thousands of kids and should be acting as a role model not some cheating bass:irked:
I know private life is private but if you agree to take on a job so important then you should act in a manner befitting the job.
:hug:

from what ive read she wasnt with the other footballer when she slept with terry her ex said in the paper they had split up. but the point is she had an affair with a married man.
which i blame the man not the woman as he's the one that is married imo.

but im sorry but i also think that he shouldnt have lost the captain job coz of that after all how many footballer have had affairs whilst married even if its an ex girlfriend of his mate,

especially since veryone is saying he was good at his job so isnt that the point..

anywhoo what do i know i dont watch football:)

Im sorry but I feel they were correct to sack him he is looked up to by thousands of kids and should be acting as a role model not some cheating bass:irked:
I know private life is private but if you agree to take on a job so important then you should act in a manner befitting the job.
:hug:

I totally agree. How many thousands/millions of little kids look to footballers and say "I want to be just like him when I grow up"? Too many for him to be actig like such an @ss.

Why the heck do people not just keep it in their pants in the first place...men and women!!!! :irked:

All this affair stuff hacks me off....

Men have no control of their underpants contents IMO anyway....

women who have affairs with married men are scum ( if they know they are married...walk away ladies!!!! there are enough single men & vice versa... ) and yes you might think scum is a bit harsh...tough...you can ask me why another time...:lol:

The media needs to remember when they bring all this cr@p up that there are innocent parties involved...especially children, the wife/husband(the one not having the affair), family...

Do I think he should have got sacked...not sure because I don't care about football...and I doubt he is the only one dipping his toes in other waters ( I could have been more crude :wink2: ) so if they sack him...then sack all the other t*ssers too!!!!

Do these people not realise that once you have seen 'one' you have seen them all?????? :lol:
Thats why I have been ye old faithful for so long...I hate shopping around :wink2:

Well that got me a ranting and a raving...what was the thread about???? :lol:

Posted via Mobile Device

In my opinion his personal life is his personal life, football is his job and I dont see what one has to do with the other. Famous and looked up to or not shouldn't be the issue for anything other than his football. I seriously cannot imagine anyone thinking its ok to cheat on his/her partner because John Terry did when they were a child.

He is married, he should have said no, but then the girl he slept with could have kept her knickers on and thought actually no, he's a git for even thinking about cheating on his wife but I'm not going to be a slapper and be the other party.

It kind of irritates me sometimes that men seem top be held to blame, it takes two to tango and be an affair.

Yeah I agree with him losing his captains band as a captain is supposed to be a man that the others look up to, can count on and always know that he is there to lead them. An extra marital affair makes no difference, one with a team mates girl is the very opposite of what a captain should be. If youre compelled to have an affair there are many available offers available without betraying a team mate. They are to be team players first and foremost.

Agree tho not sure that Rio is the best man for the job either. Not exactly a beacon of how to live and work.

Maybe be it says something about the caliber of footballers in general that these seem to be the best available candidates to hold up as role models.

It never used to be this way. Oh for the good old days of old footballers.

tbh I get what you are saying about kids looking up and people who are "role models" should think twice and not be stupid if its gonna put their career at risk.

I do think however its harsh to say that women who have an affair with a married man are scum, and I do agree that it takes two to have an affair regardless of whether or not one party is single or married. Having experience both sides of the story I can honestly say I have no regrets, I have been cheated on and been the other woman, but I have never cheated on a partner and I wouldnt either. Maybe thats double standards, but if a man isnt happy in his marrage it takes two to make that marrage unhappy. Even if the woman is unaware of the fact that her man is unhappy then she is foolish to let things get to that state and sorry I have no sympathy.

anne xx

I think he was sacked for the morale of the club and nothing to do with morals.
If it was to do with morals then he wouldn't have given the job to someone who has been banned from driving 4 times for speeding and drink-driving! Yeah he's a great role model isn't he :rolleyes:

Even if the woman is unaware of the fact that her man is unhappy then she is foolish to let things get to that state and sorry I have no sympathy.

Anne i can't quite believe you said that!

]

Men have no control of their underpants contents IMO anyway....

:lol:

This is the only part of your post which I find offensive and WRONG!

I am a man (I may be gay but I am still a man) and I know many guys who have been cr@pped on. Not all men are like this! Some of us are decent people who don't give a toss about sex so lets not paint everyone with the same brush please. x

Just to add, I work with a woman who is married with 3 lovely kids. She sleeps with guests in our hotel all the time and her husband has no idea. Now I dont pretend to know exactly what relationship they have I can only go by what I see but in that respect should I just unfairly say women cant keep it in their pants?...NO! because I dont know that.

I personally think its none of our business people are people and this is not a shocking thing really is it? we see it every day so get over it and get on with your own lives.

Last edited:
Even if the woman is unaware of the fact that her man is unhappy then she is foolish to let things get to that state and sorry I have no sympathy.

Anne i can't quite believe you said that!

Why? I'm sorry but if a man is looking elsewhere and the woman doesnt know then she is failing in some department. When my ex had an affair I knew straight away, his behaviour everything screamed at me he was having an affair. I couldve forgiven the affair but he wouldnt even admit it, I finally caught them at it in my house when I was working 2 jobs to put him through uni. I got sent home cos pub was quiet. This is years ago and I dont mind admitting it, he said I drove him too it cos he asked me to marry him and I said no. So I did what any self respecting woman would do and kicked him out. So no if a woman doesnt realise her man is having an affair she is either blind or stupid. So no sympathy.

anne xx

This is the only part of your post which I find offensive and WRONG!

I am a man (I may be gay but I am still a man) and I know many guys who have been cr@pped on. Not all men are like this! Some of us are decent people who don't give a toss about sex so lets not paint everyone with the same brush please. x

Just to add, I work with a woman who is married with 3 lovely kids. She sleeps with guests in our hotel all the time and her husband has no idea. Now I dont pretend to know exactly what relationship they have I can only go by what I see but in that respect should I just unfairly say women cant keep it in their pants?...NO! because I dont know that.

I personally think its none of our business people are people and this is not a shocking thing really is it? we see it every day so get over it and get on with your own lives.

Totally agree Steve, its no ones business and no one has the right to judge other peoples actions. Everyone is guilty of something so what right do we have to pass judgement on others. Live and let live!

anne xx

Why? I'm sorry but if a man is looking elsewhere and the woman doesnt know then she is failing in some department. When my ex had an affair I knew straight away, his behaviour everything screamed at me he was having an affair. I couldve forgiven the affair but he wouldnt even admit it, I finally caught them at it in my house when I was working 2 jobs to put him through uni. I got sent home cos pub was quiet. This is years ago and I dont mind admitting it, he said I drove him too it cos he asked me to marry him and I said no. So I did what any self respecting woman would do and kicked him out. So no if a woman doesnt realise her man is having an affair she is either blind or stupid. So no sympathy.

anne xx
Well i'm sorry but if my husband wasn't happy in our marriage, then i would expect him to come to me and express his concerns, like a decent human being, and not go and have an affair and blame me!
To say that a women is either blind or stupid is quite derogatory!
Even if John Terrys wife had her suspicions, then that doesn't excuse his behaviour :rolleyes:

Well i'm sorry but if my husband wasn't happy in our marriage, then i would expect him to come to me and express his concerns, like a decent human being, and not go and have an affair and blame me!
To say that a women is either blind or stupid is quite derogatory!
Even if John Terrys wife had her suspicions, then that doesn't excuse his behaviour :rolleyes:

I totally agree that the man should speak to his wife and try sort things out but sometimes thats not always possible, depends on the situation. I suppose I should term it as people are blind and stupid if they don't realise partner is having an affair. It cuts both ways. This is just my opinion, its neither right or wrong just an opinion. If its derogatory well fine, I make no apologies for my opinion. The signals are there no matter how careful the cheating partner is, I cannot accept any otherwise. I know i couldnt do it, cheat on a partner, I would be consumed with guilt. Yes I have been with married men, thats their problem not mine, if they are willing to take the risk and no young children are involved and I like them well why not. They'll only look elsewhere. This is society today, if a person is in a good marrage they are very very lucky and they should treat every day as though it was the most precious day otherwise it gets stale. Its society that tells us to be monogomous not human nature. Its not natural to be monogomous.

anne xx

Well i'm sort of with Anne!! We arent aware of the ins and outs of John Terry's marrage or his reasons to have an affair. I know its a bit of a generalisation, but women tend to marry footballers for their money and status and not their great personality and charm. It may be that the marriage was on its way out anyway. Its not forgivable to have an affair but i dont think its easy to call him scum without understanding the reasons behind it.

I dont think footballers should have to consider themselves role models, i have 2 sons and i like to think i'll do a good job of showing them what sort of people they should look up to.

BUT!! I also agreed with him being sacked. From what i've understood the 'affair' took place before she split with Wayne Bridge and even if it didnt, they have a child together and his 'friend' was seeing this woman. The team mates of Wayne Bridge have already been spotted in 'Team Bridge' football shirts. These people are off to the world cup together and no longer respect their captain, the tensions caused by being ordered around by John Terry might be fairly punishing to the performance of the England team...... and i think that is all the England manager will be worried about!! '

I do think they could have picked a better replacement though, not concerned about his morals off the pitch but his ability to lead on the pitch!!!

If anyone hadnt noticed.... i'm a girl who actually likes football :eek: the joy of growing up with older brothers maybe?!

One of my dad's favourite sayings is 'It's all due to the state of our moral decline'. I think my dad is spot on!

One of my dad's favourite sayings is 'It's all due to the state of our moral decline'. I think my dad is spot on!

he is spot on, very astute!

anne xx

These people are off to the world cup together and no longer respect their captain, the tensions caused by being ordered around by John Terry might be fairly punishing to the performance of the England team...

These guys get, what, the best part of 150,000 pounds sterling per week?
They're professional footballers. If they can't play because their captain has itchy balls then they need replacing.
In training and on the pitch, their focus should be solely on the game.
Here you have Wayne Bridge poncing around like a burnt cat when by all accounts it would indeed appear that his grass wasn't cut as he'd already split with the lingerie model who's since been paid 750,000 to shut up.

I still don't geddit.

Hang on, how much do these guys get paid again? :green:

PS. I love football. Go the Socceroos :twisted:
PPS. Is it bad to have the thread listed as 'way off topic'?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back