Mmmm... New Spray Tan solution from Tantrick - Essence of Summer

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
see it told you it was a stoopid question!!:eek:

Dont be stoopid your not being stupid..even our trainers are having to practice to get it right.:hug:

The main problem I am hearing is overspraying and spraying to close to the skin...guy's there is minimal initial colourant and this liquid is high grade DHA..so its gonna make a mess if to much is applied....."less is more" for good even results.

On the pump spray..this is not ever going to replace the HVLP and pro applied tans (thank goodness for that) and is mearly for top up's of any patchy areas,or where someone wants to add to their tan (face/legs) etc or to take away on holiday.(loves the sunshine (UV) which developes the tan further-cocktail effect in a bottle)

The pump spray can't atomise the liquid as much as a pro system so must be used in a completly different way....

The idea is to build the tan up over a number of days therefore giving a more even and subtle tan effect...each day just lightly mist the area from arms length..trust the liquid,dont try and spray yourself brown on your first attempt...take your time..a little each day will give you the best tan you've ever had..overspray and you will make a mess...this is pro liquid and not a cheap tan that you find in Asda on the shelves for £2.95.

Given it's pro pedegree it therefore cannot and will not end up on the shelves of Asda and the like as the consumer without the guidence of a pro, will simply make a complete mess of it...it is to be sold by pro spraytan operators to customers for the purpose of top up tan..the pro will need to give advice to the consumer when making the sale thus the circle is complete.

So try thinking differently when using the pump spray...hold it as far away from the skin area to be taned as is possible and only LIGHTLY mist.

Good luck Nikki and have fun:eek:

ok , so im going to exfoliate properly tomorrow, and apply over a few days just a misting each time!!!
and not rub it in !!!
i got over excited when i received it!! and applied it and then looked a bit err funny,
but i knew this was down to me being a goof and being over excited!! twirl!

but im being a good girl now, my kit is packed away patiently waiting for the course and i wont mess with anything until ive been shown the CORRECT way to do it lol

this thread has been sooo helpful x

Dont be stoopid your not being stupid..even our trainers are having to practice to get it right.:hug:

:o:o Errr yes I hold my hand up!! I lightly misted my face with the new pump and in doing so thought ....."mmmmm LOVE the smell" at this point a voice inside my head said "keep spraying, spray your arms, spray everywhere" :eek: My face looked fantastic but the bits I had got carried away with didnt look so great!! So if its any consolation at all even the trainers are making the occasional slip up!! I should have known better really....:irked:
On the other hand claire looks fantastic the kids at school have been asking her if she has been on her holidays!!!!:lol:

this thread has been sooo helpful x

Yip, its been really really helpfull!

Thanks Collin, for all your info... your brain must hurt you have that much info in it! hehe...

Thanks Collin, for all your info... your brain must hurt you have that much info in it! hehe...

well if I did in fact have a brain it probably would... :lol::lol:

Just to up date you all on my experience with the new solution.

I sprayed my face (using hvlp) wednesday night around 6ish. Thursday morning I washed it off and there didn't appear to be any change. When my friend came over to spray my full body I asked her to spray my face again as she agreed there was no colour there.

I washed face around 7 hours later as I felt it was getting very dark. I washed the rest off about 10pm (around 12 hrs after application).

Now I have to say that for an 8-9 % it is very dark. Probably too dark for me. I normally use 8%. Do you think that it was sprayed a bit too close or wet? I feel that this solution has given me a deeper tan then the 10% :confused:.

Don't get me wrong, a lot of people would love this colour but I personally feel it is just a bit too intense for me. Also I have to say that there was almost zero smell compared with the normal solution, which is a bonus!

I guess this experience helps me to decide which sort of client would like this solution, so thanks to Collin for the sample.:hug:

Just to up date you all on my experience with the new solution.

I sprayed my face (using hvlp) wednesday night around 6ish. Thursday morning I washed it off and there didn't appear to be any change. When my friend came over to spray my full body I asked her to spray my face again as she agreed there was no colour there.

I washed face around 7 hours later as I felt it was getting very dark. I washed the rest off about 10pm (around 12 hrs after application).

Now I have to say that for an 8-9 % it is very dark. Probably too dark for me. I normally use 8%. Do you think that it was sprayed a bit too close or wet? I feel that this solution has given me a deeper tan then the 10% :confused:.

Don't get me wrong, a lot of people would love this colour but I personally feel it is just a bit too intense for me. Also I have to say that there was almost zero smell compared with the normal solution, which is a bonus!

I guess this experience helps me to decide which sort of client would like this solution, so thanks to Collin for the sample.:hug:

Again ...less is more and it is confusing when you have previously used liquids with a lot of initial colour guide.

As you have just experianced for yourself ..you sprayed once and didn't wait for things to develope(everone is diferent..I develope in a couple of hrs whereas my wife takes 48)and then sprayed yourself again..its no wonder you then developed into an intense tan :eek:

This is a subtle tan tone (so will not suit everyone's taste)which leans towards the skin type it comes in contact with...it really does only need one light aplication and the liquid does the rest..throw away conventional thought's of initially spraying customers brown from the offset.

The advantage of this solution (as you have experianced for yourself) is that a light spray gives a subtle tan however if additional liquid is applied (as you did)a far darker tan evolves....neat hey:idea:

There are many that do want to go from pale to brown immediatley however there is a growing number that don't or that want to nip in at lunchtime for a tan and put their suit back on and go back to their daily lives without feeling sticky or solution rubbing off onto their clothes.

There is no one liquid that suits all tastes or that can do everything ...this one however offers many solutions (forgive the pun) to the ever changing demands of the enduser and opens up numerouse opertunties for salons to reduce the evening flood of tanning sessions by enabeling lunchtime ones...good for the staff and the customers:)

On the other hand claire looks fantastic the kids at school have been asking her if she has been on her holidays!!!!:lol:

Once the techniques have been mastered (isn't it wondefull to have to relearn things )this is the general feeback we are getting from salons that have been testing this for us...hence the name "essence of Summer"

Oh and lee I thought it was only me that had voices inside my head...wellcome to the insane world we both share :lol::lol:

I have my sample waiting to be tested. Going to a wedding on sunday though so don't wanna do it before then in case I get it wrong!

I did like the smell but thought it was more alcopop than sweeties, maybe that's just cos I haven't been able to drink for months! :lol:

Just quick check, its just the during the first tirmester that you aren't supposed to spray preganant women right?

I have my sample waiting to be tested. Going to a wedding on sunday though so don't wanna do it before then in case I get it wrong!

I did like the smell but thought it was more alcopop than sweeties, maybe that's just cos I haven't been able to drink for months! :lol:

Just quick check, its just the during the first tirmester that you aren't supposed to spray preganant women right?

Best to have a go after the wedding...its the bride that should wear the veil to hide her good (or otherwise-is that why they do it?) looks from her future husband and not you cos youv'e messed up your tan :)

On the preggy spray issue...there is no scientific evidance that this is either harmfull to the mother,baby or spraytan operator....so its realy up to you and the customer to decide...if the customer is nearly due best not to or if you realy have to best keep a bucket close to hand in case she is sick!!!!

True to form, I did not follow the instructions at all and now have one very diseased looking leg.:o

Will wait a few days and then do it the right way:)

I always thought that the first trimester of pregnancy caused your hormones to do some strange things!! Which may make the tan not take properly. so i thought its more a risk of having a dodgy tan rather than harming anyone??

True to form, I did not follow the instructions at all and now have one very diseased looking leg.:o

Will wait a few days and then do it the right way:)

Oh well never mind..practice makes perfect...good job you tried it on your leg first hey otherwise you would have been stuck indoors for a few day's :eek:

remember guy's...new technique with a new liquid...."less is more" dont try and spray yourself brown...lightly mist and the tan developes :hug:

keep on trying.......

I have recieved my samples. The smell is lovely. I will try to get sometime over the weekend to try it out. Thank you very much Colin. :)

I always thought that the first trimester of pregnancy caused your hormones to do some strange things!! Which may make the tan not take properly. so i thought its more a risk of having a dodgy tan rather than harming anyone??

yes (in general terms ) you are right Kate.

ok i finally got around to trying the EOS solution last night ..... OMG i think im in love!!!!

I used it with my machine and left it on for the night, didnt even feel like i had sprayed myself, no sticky / tacky feeling at all. went on a treat.
What with all the "less is more" talk, i did spray a bit lighter!

Woke up this morning a lovely colour, would say its lighter than i come out with the 10% but def darker than the 8% so a perfect colour for me! and no rub off which is a bonus!

and the smell ..... mmmmmm!!!! im hooked!

cant wait to get some of my clients to try it .... MY NEW FAVE!!!:lol:

Hi layla....phew at last someone posting ....

I have to confess I have been hanging on tenderhooks for days now waiting for feedback..and wow (forgive the pun) your feedback is fantastic thank you very much.

Your comments on using this liquid are absolutley spot on and exactly what we had in mind when we developed the tan.

We focused on not only the final tan outcome itself but the "experiance" both during the spraytan session as well as the immediate period after the tan.

Thanks for your comments and giving it a go- your fiver is in the post :lol::lol:

Remember ladies..."less is more" ...trust in the liquid and your technique:hug:

I done a few clients on Sunday night with it, he said the smell of Strawberry's and melon was in her room for hours!!!

yep yep yep
same here!!

I sprayed all over on sunday, turned my gun down a bit - to just after half past lol (i usually have it on quarter to)

no sooner had i poured my solution back into the bottle, i got dressed.
NO STICKY, No guide colour blocking my pores, no rub off on my clothes, AMAZING!!!

I topped up last night with the retail spray over my face. Its fantastic!!

Ive got a couple of guinie pigs booked in this week for me to try it out on diff skin tones. SO shall try and report back.

x

oi collin, i thought we agreed on a tener?!! haha:lol:

no seriously, loved the whole experience!! TANTRICK ALL THE WAY!!!!

Latest posts

Back