On Screen Media Company

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jen Smith

theHOTWAXroom
Reaction score
Has anyone heard or had dealings with an advertising company called On Screen Media Ltd?

I have had a rep call round today to discuss some advertising space on a plasma screen at our local leisure centre. It looks like a good idea and the cost is less than Yellow Pages have quoted me, but before I consider it I wanted to do a little more research and see if anyone could help me out with their experiences or knowledge regarding the company.

Thanks in advance of any guides.

Has anyone heard or had dealings with an advertising company called On Screen Media Ltd?

I have had a rep call round today to discuss some advertising space on a plasma screen at our local leisure centre. It looks like a good idea and the cost is less than Yellow Pages have quoted me, but before I consider it I wanted to do a little more research and see if anyone could help me out with their experiences or knowledge regarding the company.

Thanks in advance of any guides.

I had a call hun...mine was for the board outside tesco's...to be honest it was alot of money for us and when i looked at the board,you could not really see all the advertisments .But if it's less than yp...then go for it.!!

I know a few people with different businesses who have used this type of adversing and I'm afraid that without exception they have all said they would never use it again.

I think on one occasion there were problems with adverts not being shown for the correct duration or frequency, and basically they weren't getting custom from it.

Obviously it was a different company to the one you mention but I certainly wouldn't pay money for it.

BEWARE!!! I saw a similar company on Watchdog or a similar programme where the company was scamming customers and basically taking the money and running, then setting up a new business doing the same thing but under a different name. Approach the leisure centre yourself would be the best. I don't know about you but my local doctor's surgery have one in the waiting room and I am always reading it. Everyone needs to go to the doctor, if your local surgery has one then ask them.

I had a guy come to see me about this 6 months ago and at first I was tempted but having sat and thought about it it was a lot of money for what you got.

I looked at it this way, when (not very often) I go into a leisure centre I go there for a specific purpose - swim, gym, etc etc. I pay my money at the entrance and never ever look at any advertisements on the walls, that is not what I have gone for.

Also the only good place to have a space on one of these walls is bottom right hand corner, you will find this the most expensive slot (usually in magazines though) not sure about wall adverts.

IMHO I would take a swerve on this one Jen.

Thanks for your replies girls... I think I am going to give this a miss... although it seems a good idea I think it is expensive for what it is.. I would have to do a lot of treatments to get back what it costs me to advertise with them.

I am glad I took the time to think it though before deciding..

:)

How expensive were they incidentally? Could you buy a flat screen telly for the same money???

How expensive were they incidentally? Could you buy a flat screen telly for the same money???

You could indeed. Minimum contract 2 years. Over £600 per year.

I paid about £3500 for a similar ad to be screened for a 2 yr period, every 20 Min's 24 hrs a day at my local emergency department,
they told me people can not miss seeing the advert as they have to watch the screen for there name in order to be seen by a doctor,
this has never come about and i can not get in touch with the company :rolleyes:
DO NOT FALL FOR IT, i was stupid but will never get caught out again

Ouch, that seems ridiculously expensive then considering the minimal extra revenue you'd probably get as a result of it. Google AdWords seems like a much more sensible and cheaper proposition if you ask me...

Or it would probably be cheaper to buy the telly yourself and set it up in the leisure centre, insure it and pay for the electricity too. At least then your advert gets shown 24/7 and you get to keep the telly afterwards too...

I got quoted £800 for 1 year :eek:.....cheek !!!

Well they started off with £800 for 1 year but I said I wouldnt even consider that. So it got down to £624 for 20 seconds view time periodically during the period of opening.

Thanks for all your advice and thoughts guys... I am definately going to give this one a miss... :hug:

Good for you! I wouldn't do it either! Because how many times have you seen a screen ad like they are describing and acted on it? Never! Avoid. Avoid. Avoid! :)

Or it would probably be cheaper to buy the telly yourself and set it up in the leisure centre, insure it and pay for the electricity too. At least then your advert gets shown 24/7 and you get to keep the telly afterwards too...
PMSL oh with hindsight what a good idea that would be lol

Hi, a friend of mine used this company a few years ago and she said never again, it sounded like a good deal at the time but ended having to owe them nearly £4000!!

The salon I used to work at did this and go ZERO response from it. :eek:

Hi Hun,
Steer well clear, we have had all these types of calls for our other business - bouncy castles. It is always a rip off. Never any business from it.
I did one that I think was an even bigger rip off - Local radio never never again, I spent £6,000 for an advert for my chocolate fountains weddings etc, I got one booking of £250 ....................disaster !!!!!!! I pulled out after 6 months.
Lotsa luv x :hug:

Glad we never done this advertsing after reading all these !!....i am sticking to yell.com....:green:

Thanks for everyone's advice and comments.

I have spoke to the rep and told him I won't be going ahead with it. He spent the next 5 mins trying to talk me round... I had to disconnect the call to get my point across in the end.. turned out to be very pushy!

No matter.. I am glad that I asked for advice now though :)

:hug:

Latest posts

Back