Sore after a wax - Help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hiya Babe.....

I would definately take this further....Ask for her insurance details x

I made a mistake on my own eyebrows whilst training and OMG did it hurt.....

In that intimate area you must be in sooooo much pain.

x x x

I am so pleased you are starting to feel a little bit better. I am pleased you went to the doctor as always better to be safer than sorry.
Please do take photos of the area just incase you do need to take thing's further. I am horrified by the therapist responce, this is obviously ignorance and more than likely as kim suggested earlier in the thread, lack of knowledge and education. But even still, she should have been allot more sympathetic towards you. Christ if god forbid this ever happened to me, i would be heart broken and horrified, and would certainly bend over back wards to help in any way i could.
Any way the main thing is you are on the mend, and again take them photos hun xxxxx:hug:

Hi Hun,
Glad to hear you are on the mend, I agree with Jenny, take piccys just incase ot does need to go futher.
Keep us updated.
:hug: Lotsa luv x :hug: x

Hi Hun,
Glad to hear you are on the mend, I agree with Jenny, take piccys just incase ot does need to go futher.
Keep us updated.
:hug: Lotsa luv x :hug: x
I'm not looking to cause problems for her, and I think she is actually the Manager, so no point in complaining further.

Hi,
I understand you don't want to look like you are complaining but by bringing this to her attention you could be doing a service to future clients of hers and the same thing happening to them. Maybe it will make her think twice about her technique, even if her attitude doesn't change!

As for your voucher you still have, some salons will let you have products for the equivalent value, if you are not comfortable with having further treatments.

Hope your skin is feeling better x

sudacrem i swear by it . hope you are feeling better

One of my favourite little quotes from the US Wax Queen is that, 'waxing is a constant source of humiliation'....because IT IS!

However experienced we are, things can go wrong, and usually when we are least expecting it.

Many (most?) of us will have lifted skin at some time or another - I know I have - and it's exactly like a graze - the top layers of skin come off - AND IT WEEPS!

It doesn't mean the therapist is a terrible person and it doesn't mean the client will get an infection. Yes, I agree the salon should be told, but sh*t happens... nobody died!

I've had grazes on my sidewalls from nail techs buffing - I survived to tell the tale, and it wouldn't stop me having another set of nails put on.

I feel sorry for Marioned, as she is the unfortunate client who is in pain :hug: but let's not hang the therapist.

Yes, let’s not hung the therapist, I agree. I don’t think that the salon responded professionally, the therapist should have not ignored the problem, the salon should have taken a note of it and apologized, I think they should have given her a nice voucher for a few relaxing treatments, just to say sorry.
But having said that, I’m a bit surprised about everyone’s reaction, of cause i feel sorry for a poor girl, but come on let's not be so dramatic, it's just a bit of the skin being lifted off, it will be all healed and it won’t leave any permanent scares or marks. Yes, it is uncomfortable and a bit sore, and of cause annoying, but it’s not so so terrible! You will be fine, and you’ll forget all about it like it never happened:Grope:.
This happened to me a few times, a very good therapist did it for me and some skin on my bikini were lifted, I have no doubt in her technique, it just happens.
Any way if you have sensitive skin, in some point in your life it will happen, if you are not prepared for it then don’t have waxing done at all.
About taking the case further, it’ a bit too much, it’s my personal opinion. We all do mistakes we are not machines, and every one of us in some point in our carriers will deal with problems of that sort.

Yes, let’s not hung the therapist, I agree. I don’t think that the salon responded professionally, the therapist should have not ignored the problem, the salon should have taken a note of it and apologized, I think they should have given her a nice voucher for a few relaxing treatments, just to say sorry.
But having said that, I’m a bit surprised about everyone’s reaction, of cause i feel sorry for a poor girl, but come on let's not be so dramatic, it's just a bit of the skin being lifted off, it will be all healed and it won’t leave any permanent scares or marks. Yes, it is uncomfortable and a bit sore, and of cause annoying, but it’s not so so terrible! You will be fine, and you’ll forget all about it like it never happened:Grope:.
This happened to me a few times, a very good therapist did it for me and some skin on my bikini were lifted, I have no doubt in her technique, it just happens.
Any way if you have sensitive skin, in some point in your life it will happen, if you are not prepared for it then don’t have waxing done at all.
About taking the case further, it’ a bit too much, it’s my personal opinion. We all do mistakes we are not machines, and every one of us in some point in our carriers will deal with problems of that sort.

Hi hun, i think to a degree u are very correct in what you are saying and as i have said through out this thread we are all entitled to our own opinion. Even our kim, who is one of our best trainers on here, said that i personally was a little harsh on the tech that carried out this treatment, and maybe so with how i worded my reply.

But there is some butts and all though i do not want to start a debate, at the same time i am also in disagreeance to a degree with what u have said. (sorry)

This lady has been for a treatment that obviously she was hopeing to come home as smooth as a babys bum, she has paid good money for the treatment and to be fair i think overall she has taken the whole experience very well. As a waxing therapist i for one now only two well how easy damage to the skin can be caused. Look at Lori, on one of her seminars, the scrotum teared and the gentleman had to be taken to the hospital for treatment and this happened in front of over a hundred on lookers. Lori, uses an amazing product, she is highly recognised in the industry, she is extensively trained and is an amazing trainer from what i have heard and scene at the gmex. She has waxed probably more legs and bums than i have scene in a life time. (Lori if u are reading this , and are at all offended in anyway, i will edit immedietly) But what i am trying to say is, lori had an unfortunate accident (ouch it must of hurt) that was not brought about by her lack of education, use of poor products or her technique as a therapist it was a pure accident and there was nothing lori could have done to prevent it. Which just shows you, that even these things happen to our icons in the industry and why good training and care whilst doing our treatments is paramount!
If that had happened to me as a therapist i would have died and more tha likely wanted to go and crawl into a ball some were and cry. But lori, took hand of the situation, through years of experience she proffesionally made sure at all times her client was well taken care of and she got him straight to the hospital and i would imagine having met lori she would have checked in on him after
This therapist has damaged not a small area, it is almost her entire pubic region, through sheer neglect of carrying out a treatment with more than likely poor education . She did not sanitise before or after treatment, she continually has worked over the skin causing removale of skin and causing almost a burn look to the skin, and this is not just from one small patch were she struggled to remove hair, we are talking about nearly the whole area and then to put the iceing on the cake when approached has literally ignored or seen not to care in any way or form and actually grabbed a pair of tweezers whilst looking at the mess she made to get a hair that she could see. Which tells me she has not even absorbed the fact she has caused any damage and blamed it on her having dry skin prior to treatment, which marrion was more than likely not advised befor treatment about reactions of waxing on dry skin ( if she had any that is)
Now this is just completly wrong. I strongly beleive that photos should be taken incase they worsen, as with out seeing the injuries or infact being a doctor no one knows because of the area of damaged skin how it will heal. But hopefully she will be just fine.
If this injury had happened by pure accident and all care was taken and it was simply lack of education and experience then ok it has happened and hopefully the therapist would learn from it, like many of us therapist already have done ( we probably would have torn our selves to pieces on were we went wrong) and certainly make sure her client was refunded and given some nice things to help if only a little. But its the fact, hygiene prac were not carried out which is by far a simple basics, and her after care is also terrible, no consultation was carried out Nothing!. This tells me she does not really care, and probably has not even acknowledged what she has done and will more than likely by the sound of it carry on with the technique she is using and carry on causing the same to possibly othersxxx

Last edited:
It is important that as professionals offering professional services to our paying customers that we undertake our treatments with all due care and attention using the best of our skills and knowledge when so doing.

A combination of both training, usage, knowledge and experience all culminate in us offering the very best to our customers.

It is this combination of developed skills that also come into play when things go wrong...(they do and will at some point in our career's) ...which enables us to best deal with the situation at hand...both immediately during the crisis as well as later on(post care).

If we get it wrong..face it front on and deal with the matter in a positive manner and in a way which keeps the customer best informed and feeling good that you are trying your utmost to deal with their problem ....communication is the key element in best diffusing and dealing with problematic issues such as these.:hug:

I just have to say that until I found this site I never knew about oil being used, we were never taught this in college. What I am saying is that not all therapists are aware of this method, but are still qualified, they probably don't think they need any advanced training, or know if there is any out there and think that bruising/grazing someone is the the norm. It might be a case of her not showing she were bothered but once Marioned left burst into floods of tears.If this were a geek who came on here saying what had happened to her at work, most people would say dont stress over it, these things happen, which they do.
Hope you are healing anyway :hug:

How you healing hun? x

yes how are u chic, are u any betterxxx

Getting much better thanks Kate and Jenny. The colour is fading quite a bit, although nowhere near back to normal. The skin is peeling off, like when you get sunburnt and it peels off in sheets. What an experience is all I can say! LOL xx

i recently attended a waxing course at n.s.i and they have brilliant cream called cool down, it was brilliant, trying to get the college i attend to purchase some. i too have been left really sore,and applied witch hazel which doesnt sting but this cream is even better
hope your better soon
mandy x

Hi All,
Just been this morning for a Hollywood, had it done before many times......but you know when you get busy...so not been for months.
Well all done now and booked all my appointments for next few months.
I think it all depends on the therapist...there are 2 different girls that do mine, depending on which day I book. Both are brilliant, I left there not feeling anything had been done, takes about 40 mins, they are so quick and professional.
Marioned don't let this bad experience put you off. You will find someone who can do this treatment for you with fantastic results. I will be back again in 4 weeks for my next appointment.
Hope Marioned you are better now.
Lotsa love x :hug: :hug: x

Getting much better thanks Kate and Jenny. The colour is fading quite a bit, although nowhere near back to normal. The skin is peeling off, like when you get sunburnt and it peels off in sheets. What an experience is all I can say! LOL xx

By the way everyone, I asked her to send me pics, which I sent on to Kim and Andy. If I had a client come back in with this kind of reaction I would have done some BIG TIME BUTT KISSING! Regardless of why it happened, this was a huge reaction, easily falls in the top 3 worst ones I have ever seen. So I am not blaming the technician for it happening by any means, s**t happens to us all, but would like her to be as concerned as we are.

On the subject of straight essential oils, even though lavender and tea tree are generally safe for direct application, I have seen quite a few bad reactions to these oils when applied pure and too many days in a row. This is why I said no on the oils right at the beginning. As it started to heal I would then be fine.

Air and ointment and time. A clay mask can be very calming with no chance of irritation. And I also think (after conversations with Andy) that perhaps this was a true allergic reaction to resin (rosin) based wax and she should only try some one using a non-rosin wax like Cirepil or Berins hard wax. Kim, I don't know which (if any?) of the Escentials falls under this category.

so this is not due to therapist but due to a reaction to the skin from the product used. I would love to see this image if possible as can see then the damage caused from reactions to the skin
jenny x
Do we know what wax was used in this instance

And I also think (after conversations with Andy) that perhaps this was a true allergic reaction to resin (rosin) based wax and she should only try some one using a non-rosin wax like Cirepil or Berins hard wax. Kim, I don't know which (if any?) of the Escentials falls under this category.

As soon as I saw the pics I email Marion back and suggested it was an allergic reaction.. poor lass, it must have been horrendously sore for her :irked:

I am glad you are on the mend now Marion :hug:

I don't think it was an allergy to Rosin Lori as she's been getting waxed for years.......although I know that allergies can start from nowhere. I had something similar years ago and it was an allergy to the perfume.

Last edited:
I don't think it was an allergy to Rosin as she's been getting waxed for years.......although I know that allergies can start from nowhere. I had something similar years ago and it was an allergy to the perfume.

Well I didn't suggest what it was she may have had an allergy to.... but just by the sheer expanse of the effected area looked like an allergic reaction to something to me. :eek::eek:

It's quite strange, because the therapist says she has used that wax before on me. So it would have the same rosin and perfume in it. I do have quite sensitive skin, so perhaps I have developed a reaction to one or the other. What I'm going to do is have a check, and if I think I am healed enough, do a WEE patch test tomorrow on the area that was affected. I've got some wax at home and it has rosin in it (different brand I'm sure), so I'll be able to see if I take a reaction.

I'll let you know how it goes! :eek:

Latest posts

Back