The Event 2010

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sorry to put a dampener on my previous post but I think you can only use your own Tesco vouchers, that's why they have your name on them.

sorry :cry:

ooooooooh Della the good luck fairy stood there was about to shake her magic dust wand and BAM............................ the mean bad luck fairy gave her a glasgow kiss and destroyed our dreams..........................:cry:

and just to add, i THINK i just read that the tickets are only valid on a 2 night stay...

Booked my hotel Friday and Saturday when I paid for The Event, and I've just spent my tesco vouchers:irked:
Oh well I'm doing this on my ex husbands stupidity anyway so who am I to moan:lol:

and just to add, i THINK i just read that the tickets are only valid on a 2 night stay...

Yes it says only valid for a 2 night stay and also for a min of 2 people, so only good for those of you who are sharing. I've only got about £6 worth as I do most of my shopping at Asda, but think this will now change in preparation for next year, lol.

Looking for someone to share hotel room for Friday & Saturday night. Please pm me asap if you're interested so I can sort out the booking.

Hazel

I can't wait for my tickets to arrive! I am bringing my husband he will entertain himself during Saturday day then with me on the Saturday evening for the party think hes quite looking forward to it I've told him to bring his credit card LOL!!

I am nervous about coming as I have been out of the nail industry for a couple of years I hope you will take me under your wings your such a fab lot :)

Now which breakout sessions to choose........

xxxx

Check out the hotel prices on-line, as they are much cheaper at the moment. I've just saved £50 by cancelling my booking I made direct to the hotel and re-booking on-line with immediate payment and no breakfast included (I rarely eat breakfast anyway).

Check out the hotel prices on-line, as they are much cheaper at the moment. I've just saved £50 by cancelling my booking I made direct to the hotel and re-booking on-line with immediate payment and no breakfast included (I rarely eat breakfast anyway).

Yes, I did the same at weekend!

Have fun..the time I went was amazing x
I'm gutted I won't get to meet MY Doug lol :eek::lol:
don't worry Doug knows I luv him lol

Hi everybody :) Is any body from Leeds Westyorkshire goin to the Event, Its just that i would love to go as i did back in 2008 an it was amazin, the problem is i will b on ma own so if any 1 is goin down by Train or car would i be able to tag along:cry: If travelin by car will pay any cost towards petrol ! plze can any 1 help iam not a bore Many Thanks charlene xx

I threw my ticket in the bin when it arrived last week!!!!! :smack: I thought it was just some marketing...ooops!!! Luckily I managed to retrieve it when I realised what I had done, so just watch out for the pretty blue envelope :lol:

I also booked direct with the hotel at a really good rate, with no brekkie....anyone up for finding the nearest MacDonalds!!!! LOL!!! Mind you I think I will be far too excited to eat!

I threw my ticket in the bin when it arrived last week!!!!! :smack: I thought it was just some marketing...ooops!!! Luckily I managed to retrieve it when I realised what I had done, so just watch out for the pretty blue envelope :lol:

I also booked direct with the hotel at a really good rate, with no brekkie....anyone up for finding the nearest MacDonalds!!!! LOL!!! Mind you I think I will be far too excited to eat!
Thanks for the info, have just juggled money between accounts so I can book on line, but got to wait until tomorrow to confirm the on line booking, then I can cancel the one I made by phone. I only ever drink coffee for breakfast so yep, I'm up for finding a mucky D's or a starbucks, it's a date lol

youll be lucky if you get chance to get breakfast! :lol:

youll be lucky if you get chance to get breakfast! :lol:
How true is that!
At the last event we had booked brekkie but they served it an hour later at the weekend and we had to be at registration the time it started so we never got any then either, just pastries from the coffee shop mid morning.
And we never got any dinner the friday night the restaurant was severly understaffed we eventually got a a table at 9.30 and our food arrived at 11pm, by then we were all cheesed off, tired and ratty and the food was sent back as it was undercooked, we told thm to forget it! premier in for you. Hopefully we wont have that problem at this hotel.
Jen

How true is that!
At the last event we had booked brekkie but they served it an hour later at the weekend and we had to be at registration the time it started so we never got any then either, just pastries from the coffee shop mid morning.
And we never got any dinner the friday night the restaurant was severly understaffed we eventually got a a table at 9.30 and our food arrived at 11pm, by then we were all cheesed off, tired and ratty and the food was sent back as it was undercooked, we told thm to forget it! premier in for you. Hopefully we wont have that problem at this hotel.
Jen

Really lol I thought that was lovely that hotel...we managed to get breakfast sunday morning and that was really nice...we didnt get chance to eat on the saturday night tho as we barely had time to get ready in between the day event and the party! Im glad theres a sit down meal at the party this time!
Oh and I wont be wearing stupid shoes this time or anything uncomfortable for that matter! God my feet were killing me saturday night I ended up walking round in bare foot I must be getting old because im prioritising comfort above anything else this year! lol x

This is a tiny bit unfair to the Premier Inn and also this is not a reflection on the Event as we all chose which hotel to book into. I have stayed in many Premier Inns and never had a bad experience yet, even though dinner was late, it was the company I was there for and not a flash dinner LOL.

The Event II is being held at the Island Hotel so hopefully they will be prepared for the influx of people.

My problem was the traffic last time and we had expected to arrive by about 4-5 ish but didnt get there until about 8.

How true is that!
Jen

Jen

Ahh memories :lol:
:cry::cry:

it was the company I was there for and not a flash dinner LOL.

My problem was the traffic last time and we had expected to arrive by about 4-5 ish but didnt get there until about 8.
...and what fabby company you had :wink2:
Virtually non stop chat for the whole journey and the massive traffic jam that my sat nav directed us into :eek: :lol:

This is a tiny bit unfair to the Premier Inn and also this is not a reflection on the Event as we all chose which hotel to book into. I have stayed in many Premier Inns and never had a bad experience yet, even though dinner was late, it was the company I was there for and not a flash dinner LOL.

The Event II is being held at the Island Hotel so hopefully they will be prepared for the influx of people.

Oops my bad, sorry that you got that impression. My quote had nothing to do with the event but the hotel. I have stayed at a few Premier Inns, but that one was blatantly understaffed and couldnt cope with the amount of guests. And their brekkie was an hour later than usual.
You guys were lucky and managed to get your table before us that friday evening.
It still didnt spoil our experience of the "The Event" and I am looking forward to this years even more than the last if that is possible.
And yes the company was great too...
And also looking forward to not having to travel from the hotel to the venue too.
Jen xx

Last edited:
The Premier in was fab but then we didn't eat there, or try to, on the Friday night. Wish I'd had time on the Saturday night to before the party but didn't.

I remember there was one of the two mornings where breakfast was too late and meant we had to leave prior to eating. That said, we had a leaky sink in our room that meant when I went to the loo in the middle of the night I was woken by standing on freezing cold sodden carpet when I washed my hands. It was meant to be fixed during the day on the Saturday but wasn't. To make amends they refunded a night of our stay. It was an unexpected and much appreciated gesture.

Also, the poor barman was accosted by several of us in a slightly worse for wear post party need for more to drink on the Saturday night and did his best to help us out even though he knew he shouldn't. :lol:

I'd go back there, thought it was fab.......

Latest posts

Back