TPTW Fussy about ice in your drinks ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hate it when I make ice in one of those plastic bags and when I am taking the frozen ice out of the bag I get a little bit of plastic stuck in the ice and don't notice it until I am crunching on the ice. YUK

Hiyah

I like all my drinks on the rocks!!
Sue x x x

Lol I have always thought when watching soaps,
The day I ask for a gin and tonic on the rocks, Is the day I will feel like a real grown up :green:
It just sounds really....adult !

So c'mon hands up....who has ever got their finger...or worse still tounge :eek: stuck to a piece of ice, or an ice lolly ~~ emms sticks hand up and holds head in shame~~
You flick your hand about like a cockroach has just jumped up and bit you on the finger lol

When my youngest daughter got her tongue stuck to an ice lolly a few years ago...bless her, I was laughing so much I could hardly get her to the bathroom to shove her head under the tap ...I know I know I am awful lol

The scence in dumb and dumber where he got his toungue stuck to the lamp post almost made me go into labour with laughter :green:

yo, forget ice!
whos seen the new, frozen slices of lemon in asda?
like ice cubes, but real slices of lemon!
2 in 1 convenience! lol xxxx

I am almost the same as you, I like 2 pieces of Ice..depending on the size of course, any more than that and I fish it out too...
Its worse when its them chunks with a hole in the middle...try as you may to get them out with a straw and look dignified at the same time...IT DOESN'T WORK :grr: you still end up shoving your fingers in

LOL why be dignified! the ones with holes are best! i usually get bored, fish one out slot it on my finger like a thimble then poke simon with it hahaha :lol: never come on a night out with me!

I like loads of ice in my drink...as i like to crunch them

If only we could freeze the damn Gin or Vodka, we culd do away with that pesky need for water altogether.

I'm with you on that one nailzoo!! :lol:

isnt vodka supposed to be kept in the freezer? I work with 2 polish girls who wudnt think of not freezing their vodka or wodka as they call it!
Me I dont like cold drinks so my Voddy always has a straw tho I mostly drink Jack daniels and I can ONLY have 1 ice cube and it has to be a short glass - I am so particular that I get the same bar staff to serve me then tip them at the end of night which keeps 'em sweet

isnt vodka supposed to be kept in the freezer? I work with 2 polish girls who wudnt think of not freezing their vodka or wodka as they call it!

That's what i thought but didn't want to post it...my mate keeps her voddie in the fridge.
Vodka jellies now theres a drink

That's what i thought but didn't want to post it...my mate keeps her voddie in the fridge.
Vodka jellies now theres a drink

Yup my Ukranian friend brings back some very exotic Vodka's from her journeys home and they always live in the freezer.

I do keep Gin and Vodka in the freezer but it doesn't freeze - just goes a bit 'thicker' (now theres a technical term):lol:

I still need 3 large ice cubes and chilled tonic to get it to perfect drinking temperature.:green:

I do keep Gin and Vodka in the freezer but it doesn't freeze - just goes a bit 'thicker' (now theres a technical term):lol:

I still need 3 large ice cubes and chilled tonic to get it to perfect drinking temperature.:green:

:)Ha.... it doesn't freeze because its not in the freezer long enough

:)Ha.... it doesn't freeze because its not in the freezer long enough
No - spirits do not freeze...........I am an expert on these things:green:

I keep my vanilla vodka in the freezer - not sure if that makes me sophisicated or an alchie!!!!

Answers on a postcard................

I dont drink(ok no hitting me lol) But my fav drink at the mo is lime, lemonade and crushed mint leaves on ice, but only if its crushed ice and I have to have a black/pink straw (snap Em's)

wine does freeze..

many mornings I wake up to find a frozen forgotten bottle in there !!

as for ice, buy a fridge that makes it Adele you'll never run out and its clear and hard and doesn't stick together !!!

Wow....I thought I had a crazy mind Adele...here have a :hug:

I don't drink alcohol....:lick:

but I do drink cola light....which comes with two cubes of ice and a slice of lemon as standard here....and the part that really really plisshes me off....is when the ice and lemon shoots forward as I tip the glass to my mouth and pours coke all down my clean white t-shirt....:(

Now this makes me look A) Like I don't know where my mouth is
B) That I am really scruffy in a dirty brown stained top
C) I didn't managed to get any drink in my mouth anyway and it is 37 degrees and I am spitting feathers and lastly
D) that I am stupid :cry:

So I am not fussy about ice in my drinks....just floating ice ( and lemon slices )!!!!!!!

I'm more mithered that there's enough alcohol with my ice usually....it never gets chance to melt when I'm in a bar....I suffer dehydration a lot I think on a night out....

I tell you what though..I HATE having two straws.. I only like one for some strange reason:eek:

You are all going to hate me.

I used to work in the refrigeration industry and after seeing the inside of icemakers that had come in for repair I vowed NEVER EVER to have ice from a bar again. You would not believe how yucky and slimy they are, ugh makes me shiver just remembering it!

Leslie

Latest posts

Back