Cant believe what I have just seen on

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jade is from a difficult and under priviledged background. Mother was on drugs, Father died of drug abuse..never knowing where her next meal or her clean clothes would come from.. she was always the one taking care of things. That sort of upbringing stays with you.
She knows that her money will opens doors for her boys, doors that will stay open until they are men and ready to go out there and do it for themselves. Education is power and empowers you. In her mind she is taking care of her boys long after she has gone. When her boys have finished their education, they will know that they have had the best eduction money could buy. It's her legacy and how can anyone object to a Mum providing for her kids until her last dying breath.

Jade Goody is Marmite: You either love her or hate her.

It is easy for us to say "How could she do this, or I would never do that, but how do we know what we would actually do? We are not in her shoes, we don't know her mind set. Thank god, that most of us wil never have to contemplate this.

Never judge a person until you have walked a mile in their shoes.

Would I do the same: Absolutly!!!!

well said I totally agree with you !

She's not a celebrity with airs and graces-she's just a down to earth girl that we can all relate to. People are genuinely interested in how she is and want to know what's going on and therefore it will sell papers, magazines etc...
We are very reserved in this country and the thought of talking about someone dying seems morbid and we don't want to talk about it but it's a natural thing that will come to us all.
Saying that she has enough money without having to make more is ignorant. No-one knows how much money she has and no-one knows how much her sons will need to give them the best start in life.
I think if people can't think of anything nice to say then they shouldn't say anything at all.
I, for one, have always thought Jade was great-she's had me in stitches and yes she can be ignorant but that's part of her appeal. She's always bubbly, smiling, down to earth and tells it like it is and there should be more people like her in the world.
If you don't want see her in the mags then don't buy them and if you don't want to see it on the news then turn it off. Don't sit there and watch and then winge about it.
My prayers are with her.

I have never been a huge Jade fan - but she has never offended me either. But I admire how she has used her last few weeks raising enough money as she can to secure the future of her two precious sons.

As a mother, if I were ever to find myself in this horrific situation then I would use whatever resources I had to secure my sons future too. Jade has used her fame in order to do this. Good on her. If you dont want to read about it then dont buy the magazines or switch the TV over if she comes on.

The press will make money out of anything like this - thats their job -but its the public that is creating the demand. Jade is a clever lady who can reat in peace knowing that she has left her sons the gift of a good education and financially secure future. I think that makes her a wonderful mum.

Jade is from a difficult and under priviledged background. Mother was on drugs, Father died of drug abuse..never knowing where her next meal or her clean clothes would come from.. she was always the one taking care of things. That sort of upbringing stays with you.
She knows that her money will opens doors for her boys, doors that will stay open until they are men and ready to go out there and do it for themselves. Education is power and empowers you. In her mind she is taking care of her boys long after she has gone. When her boys have finished their education, they will know that they have had the best eduction money could buy. It's her legacy and how can anyone object to a Mum providing for her kids until her last dying breath.

It is easy for us to say "How could she do this, or I would never do that, but how do we know what we would actually do? We are not in her shoes, we don't know her mind set. Thank god, that most of us wil never have to contemplate this.

Wise words as always xxx Agree 100%

Well said I too agree and hope I would have the balls to do what she has done these last few weeks (god forbid) .

I have stood right next to Jade she was standing behind me in h&m shop in romford. I could hear her a mile off too when i walked in the shop.

I have had a mixed opinion on this one minute i think hang on its going a bit too far now but lately i do feel sorry for her i couldnt imagine how i would ever cope in her position. I think her boys are so brave x

She's not a celebrity with airs and graces-she's just a down to earth girl that we can all relate to. People are genuinely interested in how she is and want to know what's going on and therefore it will sell papers, magazines etc...
We are very reserved in this country and the thought of talking about someone dying seems morbid and we don't want to talk about it but it's a natural thing that will come to us all.
Saying that she has enough money without having to make more is ignorant. No-one knows how much money she has and no-one knows how much her sons will need to give them the best start in life.
I think if people can't think of anything nice to say then they shouldn't say anything at all.
I, for one, have always thought Jade was great-she's had me in stitches and yes she can be ignorant but that's part of her appeal. She's always bubbly, smiling, down to earth and tells it like it is and there should be more people like her in the world.
If you don't want see her in the mags then don't buy them and if you don't want to see it on the news then turn it off. Don't sit there and watch and then winge about it.
My prayers are with her.

I totally second this! I think Jade has been so brave and shown herself to be a loving and fantastic mum and she should be proud of herself.

I think Jade has been been amazingly brave and selfless for letting herself be in the press as much as she has....at a time like this, her wedding and the baptism...times that are private and personal that most would choose to only share with their nearest and dearest she has allowed the world to look in and watch...not because shes attention seeking...because shes an honest girl that wants to do what she can for her kids and I dont think its for us to judge whether its right or wrong....if she had managed to keep the press away (which is highly unlikely anyway) no doubt she would of been critisised for that as well!

I do feel sorry however for all those that are going through a similar thing that dont have the luxury of being able to make money or choices so easily...that are more than likely suffering even more because of losing income etc x

I know nothing about this except the odd bits we get down here. All I can say is that doing this for the boys, I hope she has all the legal side sorted out so that it does go to the boys and it is not left in the hands of someone who could squander it all away before the boys are able to take advantage of it.

Perfectly put....x

the whole thing leaves a bad taste in my mouth, and smacks of typical attention-seeking behaviour that goes hand in hand with other ex-brother participants - this woman has never been happy unless her face is plastered over mags and papers for one reason or another, and i STILL don't know what she is famous for since doing the programme!?

it seems as though they aren't happy unless every sordid and tiny detail about their lives is paraded around in the media...and i just don't buy it that she is doing it to get money for her sons, as she has quite enough in the bank already.

although i feel sorry for a woman of her years to be dying and for children to be losing a mother, i am of the opinion that when one dies it should be with dignity....and not a sense of pushing the whole thing down everyone's throats on a daily basis.

apologies if this offends anybody, it's just the way i feel.

jue x

I am sure attention seeking is the last thing on her mind. she is trying to make sure her kids will be provided for and I applaud her. If it leaves a bad taste in your mouth then turn over.

My kids are grown, I've had the chance to give them all the tools to be responsible adults and they are still a huge part of my life. They still ask my advise on all the important things in their lives and I hope that continues for many many years to come.
I don't like Jade, never have, she is not someone I would ever look to as a friend. BUT
To know that you will never stand with your kids while they open their GCSE results, never hold them the first time someone breaks their hearts, never see them marry, never hold your grandchildren, never surprise them on Christmas morning, never help them blow out their birthday candles.
She has lost control of everything a mother has. She will not be the person to help shape these boys any more.
The only thing she has left is to give them as secure a future as she possibly can. Is it any wonder that she's doing so as passionately as she is?
I haven't watched or read anything on Jade, it would break my heart to do so. Not because she is dying, but because her boys must live without her.
As I said, I don't like her, but I do understand her and yes, in her shoes I'd do exactly the same thing.

I suspect that she will have had financial advisors in the past who, if they have a shred of integrity, would have ensured she had life insurance. IF this is the case then one could argue that she need not have publicised the last few weeks.

In my capacity as a nurse I have seen many people die. Some in agony, some angry and many at peace and with dignity. These are the ones who have set their affairs in orders, made their peace with their families and their god, and have resigned themselves to their fate. Modern palliative medicine mean that people no longer have to die in pain (my mother is a consultant in this) but they can slip away quietly without distressing those around them.

I don't like Ms Goody. Let us not forget the embarrassing scenes on Big Brother and her appalling racism towards Shilpa Shetty.

Do I feel sorry for her in her current situation? I think she shouldn't have ignored the warnings she was given when she was told originally that there were abnormal cervical cells and this is the ultimate price for that hubris.

Would I do the same in her situation? I wouldn't find myself in it because I saw enough tragedy from people ignoring medical advice, and I have ensured that my husband and cat will not be left in penury in the event of my death.

To those who believe Voodoo was being "nasty". To paraphrase Voltaire: "I may not agree with what you say but I will defend to the death your right to say it". We enjoy freedom of speech in this country, thank goodness, so we can opine with impunity.

I think everything positive and negative that could be said about any reality TV personality has been said about Jade Goody in the past and is most certainly being said now. I have not read many of these threads but I think Susi H above sums up what I am trying to say totally and with kindness.

Jade is where she is because the public, here an abroad, put her there like it or not. I am not a fan of reality TV but I too in the past have watched the stupid edited BB drama unfold at the time of its controversy, so I too am as guilty as anyone else for fuling any fire so I would not dare to judge or comment on anyone else as I could not honesty cast a stone guilt free of sin during my life time and doubt many other could either if we are honest, even if only to ourselves.

Life is not fair, never has been and never will be. Sadly, we have all seen loved ones die or suffer or something unfair and terrible happens to them and ask ourselves why! Many people have to live with long term sick or dissabled children, parnters, family members or friends and question the fairness of the world and nature. There is not a day goes past when I don't see or hear of something that leaves me questioning my faith, being guilty for what I have and others don't and why that had to happen at all. I have only the greatest respect for those brave enough, strong enough and compasionate enough to enter the health profession and nurse other through pain, suffering and death.

I can't watch or read anything on Jade Goody at the moment and sitting hear now typing this I am sobbing for many reasons, but mainly because I have two young children that are my whole and total life and I can't bear to think of life without them. My world revolves around them and always will, and without them I don't think I can even bear the thought of what I would be. So in all honesty I too would do absolutly everything possible to give my children what ever I possibly could if I were Jade Goody especially considering her childhood.

Sure others are making money out of this and many others die every day without the opportunity to do anything at all, but given the chance, and if I were in her position with her personality, I would do everything I could to secure a future for my children after my death, and if at the same time it raises awareness of any need for extra medical issue that too can only be good.

The public put her there so who are we to dare to question and judge her now.

Last edited:
i feel so sorry for her shes so young and also got two little kids which shes trying to get as much money for them as possible which i think is amazing how brave shes being and letting everyone in on what she is going through as she didnt have to. also shes a good example why people should go have smear tests which i think shes put across how serious it is to go have them! im only 20 and never had one and im dreading bearing all infront of a nurse/doctor but for people like me it shows how serious it actually is and its for a good reason

x

I must admit im not Jades biggest fan - but i feel so deeply sorry for her and her two adorable boys, and if all this publicity saves just one more life and makes more women go and have smear tests done who are putting it off - then i salute her. She is one brave lady.

I know a lady who is in the same position as Jade...Terminal cancer...2 young boys...I am sure she would jump at the chance to be able to earn some money to secure her children's future...unfortunately though i doubt the news of the world/sun would be interested in her story.

I have mixed feelings about it all....but I do feel very sorry for her and her family.

I had a cancer scare more than once and tbh I ignored it most of the time so I can understand it. It is terrifying and I am lucky I was ok. Most people pretend they are ok and I assume Jade was one of them but no matter what mistakes she has made I can't imagine the heartache she has had to suffer and that is enough to make me forget anything she has done before. this girl is dying!! I know a lot of others are too and most of them younger than her but lets just let her do it her way!! It happens to us all but not one of us really know how we will deal with it till it happens do we? Please just be greatful it is not you. It has done 1 thing for me and that is to realise that if I am worried about something then I am going to the doctor! Something good will come of this very public affair and if she has made even 1 person think "I need to see a doctor" then its a good thing. It is just what I think. xxx

I must admit im not Jades biggest fan - but i feel so deeply sorry for her and her two adorable boys, and if all this publicity saves just one more life and makes more women go and have smear tests done who are putting it off - then i salute her. She is one brave lady.[/quote

This is what I think also :hug:

I have kept out of any threads and stuff to do with this subject, as I have never watched any BB or any of Jade Goody's programmes. Obviously I feel deeply sorry for what she and her family are going through, but again I have avoided all coverage of it.

I know she has let the cameras cover her last days in order to accumulate money for her sons, and I see where she is coming from.......in a way

That said, is it money that makes a child's life secure?

I feel the most important person in this whole thing is their father Jeff Brazier, who will be the one to provide all the love and emotional support these boys will need.

I just hope he is left in peace by the media to get on and build a good life for his kids.

I just have an awful feeling that once she is gone, there is going to be a lot of wrangling as to who gets what in her will just for her 'hangers on' to keep getting publicity and attention...............I really hope I am wrong and Jade has everything she wants to be done down in black and white so there is no dubiety.

As far as I am aware Jeff Brazier has not featured much in any press stories, and has not tried to cash in on everything that has been happening, he has just been getting on and looking after his sons.
I hope he carries on doing that.

I totally feel for the poor girl and understand why she is doing it, to give her boys some security financially. I just find it a bit weird that they have done a tribute to her and she has not even passed away yet, I dont think I could handle that. It's a bit premiture I think.

x

Latest posts

Back