Children? Yes, No and why

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Children - yes or no and why

• Hatching at the moment

Votes: 14 4.8%
  • Yes from choice

Votes: 145 50.0%
  • Yes not really planned

Votes: 48 16.6%
  • No from choice

Votes: 33 11.4%
  • No not from choice

Votes: 20 6.9%
  • Other

Votes: 30 10.3%

• Total voters
I voted no from choice, but I do feel like getting something off my chest. I am almost two weeks late and oh my God, starting a business on the 15th and working full time at another job. My biggest fear in life aside from losing my little brother would be the inability to have kids and it is a big fear of my fiance's as well. I would be so very happy to find that I really can have kids, but would be terrified to try and start a business, I just put $1700 into equipment and supplies last weekend. And I finally found a place to work in this town!! Come on and can't, not do it. I'm hoping I could go part time at my job now sooner than I expect.

I can't get ahead of myself. What could I do....

Dont worry yourslef into a stew too much.

What ever happens you need to look at it that is how things are meant to be for you. We often wonder why as this not how things are planned. Believe me I should know - dont know whether you are aware but I cant have children and I view that is how things are meant to be.

Fingers crossed that things turn out OK for you, which ever way!

Dont worry yourslef into a stew too much.

What ever happens you need to look at it that is how things are meant to be for you. We often wonder why as this not how things are planned. Believe me I should know - dont know whether you are aware but I cant have children and I view that is how things are meant to be.

Fingers crossed that things turn out OK for you, which ever way!
Teresa, I know your IVF didn't work last time but don't give up.:hug: Keep trying, these things aren't always easy.
My cousin was on her 4th & last IVF attempt when she fell with her twin boys. Her docs told her she wouldn't carry full term , but she stayed in hospital for ages doing exactly as she was told, and now the boys are 10!

I have a gorgeous little girl and I wouldnt swap her for the world!! She wasnt planned but when I found out I knew straight away I wanted to have her no matter what :D

Hi,

I have 4 boys only the second was planned as I didn't want first to be an only child. They are now 15, 11, 10 and 7 and I had my first just before my 20th birthday. I have never regreted having any of them and they make my day complete. I would have loved more but my husband said no more as I'm prone to premature babies and it would put a strain on us financially. I'm glad I had them young as I'm now able to do all the things I missed out on when I was younger.

My whole family think it's funny I ended up with 4 as I never wanted any children :eek:

i chose to have children as i come from a big family and love them. i love being a mum and have 4 beautiful children. i wouldn't change them for anything. i learn new things everyday with my children...i grow with them.

xxxx

I chose yes from choice. In the beginning i swore blind i wouldn't ever have children. I never felt maternal, can be very selfish and never have had a great relationship with my mum, so wondered if i would ever be able to do it myself.

When i met my husband i told him i didn't want kids and he was fine with that. But after 4 yeras together we went for it. I did enjoy being pregnant, but have to say the birth was awful, which put me out of "action" for nearly 8 months afterwards. This has put me off ever having more children. I know it shouldn't, but i think if you really want more you have them. My gorgeous daughter is 6 now and i wouldn't be without her. We are best friends, so all my fears of repeating history of not getting on with my mum, have been out to rest.

My hubby is happy with just one and he has had the snip now. This to be perfectly honest has enriched out love life now as i always had this fear of getting pregnant. We no longer have this fear so its so much better. Glad we have our daughter though, she has enriched our lives no end.

I really want to start a family, but so far my other half isn't quite so open to the suggestion... :cry:

Have even started knitting gorgeous mini sweaters and suggesting that we maybe get something that would fit into them. Unfortunately, other half suggested we could put the kitten in them. :irked:

i put yes by choice, i have three babies, 5, 3 and seven months, but i also understand the need for something more, i started young and have up until this year been a stay at home mum, now my hubby and i have done a swap so i'm running the salon and he's running the house and kids, he's good at it too x

I clicked 'other' think i clicked the wrong one!!!

I have no kids at the mo... but do want one or two but not yet!

I am only 22 and i have just gettin into the beauty biz and i want to sort my biz out before i think of having kids.

x

I put not from choice,as i cant have children,due to circumstances when i was born.

I learn to live with it,and Rich doesnt care,he says he married me because he loved me,and not to have children.

I have a daughter that I had at 16, obviously not planned. I'm a very maternal person and I would love to have had a bunch of kids but never found someone to have them with & know I think it would be to big of an age gap.

I'm 26 and I have two boys, Oliver - 2 1/2 and Simon 3 months. My husband and I hope to have more.

neither of mine were planned.. but both are extremely loved and wanted!!

i have 3 children,2 from my first marriage and 1 step son.....we all live together and have are ups and downs but i would not be without them.i have seen people have children and not really want them......they "breed"for the benefits so they can get more money,never take them out,never show them love.....my cousin cant have children and those people that cant have children would have made fantastic mums and dads.

I told my hubby last night i wanna loose three stone and start trying for another,he nearly died :lol:

I have 2 kids, I had my daughter 2 days before i turned 19 and I had my son when i was 22, my daughter was planned my son was a supprise!! And i wouldnt have it any other way!

No not by choice I suppose. I am nearly 28 and have been with my boyfriend for 3.5 years, I have known him since we were 5, we were best mates for years and then got together, he is 2 years younger.
Last year I got taken ill, they found that I had 18 centimetres of cysts on my overys, these were removed successfully (luckily at one point my surgeon considered a hysterectomy) but I was told that we should have children before I'm 30 to be safe if poss. Now my other half who had always been ok'ish talking about stuff like that suddenly told me that he possibly would never want to get married and even less likely to want to have children in the future and it is defo something that he won't consider for now and he is happy as we are and that I wouldn't think about it so much if I hadn't been told that (fair point there ish!). We are so happy together in every other way that I accepted it but told him that I will want those things one day. We have a mortgage together etc and I suppose time will tell, I have a feeling he won't change his mind but then there will be problems down the line, who knows this is a subject that confuses me all the time :rolleyes:!

There are some really sad stories on here though from others and big hugs to all of you and some really happy stories for lots of you too which is always nice to hear!

xx

I come from a large family.When I say large I mean that I am the oldest of 22 kids. So, it was never out of my thoughts on having children of my own. I have 5 kids ranging from 17 to 5. They are all my pride and joy. They are all special in there own unique ways. As well as they all drive out of my mind. But, I would not change it for anything. I have a wounderfull husband who works just as hard as I do and is always there when I need a break. My family is what keeps me going and helps me with it too. All of my kids love it when I do there hair and nails. They all get involved in mine and my husbands work. It is like a big family business. I am a huge believer in family. I think we work so hard so that we can give the kids a good working habit and to make sure that they love what ever work they end up doing, just my husband and I do.:hug:

I voted NO not by choice when I was 21 I miscarried at 13 weeks, they found that i had a lot of adhesions which made it impossible for me to have been able to carry to full term, they advised me then due to other problems that I had ie: cancer of the cervice, endometriosis that i would be better having a hysterctomy which I declined as I felt I was too young & that they should be able to sort me out!!.... They couldnt and at 27 I decided I had enough of the pain so had a total hysterectomy.
My husband has 2 children though 18 and 21 so I havent missed out!

Im sorry to hear you lost your baby at 23 weeks, that must have been so so unbearable..

I chose YES by choice, having children is the most natural thing in the world

Peopl often confuse having some one else's child for the afternoon with havin gyour own. Il be honest, other peoples children annoy me, But my own, its different.To those that worry they wont bond, honey, its mother nature, its the one thing in life you can be sure of.

Its impossible not to bond with your own child. firstly you have 9 months of just you and this baby! growing inside you, kicking you, worrying about hi, scans, doctors, dreaming about what hel be like, then when you give birth and he comes out of you and looks into your eyes, its just amazing....

I have the most amazing 8months old little BOY who i am just obssessed with, i thank God every day for him!

Latest posts

Back