Convert to Creative for FREE!!!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i havent called the academy to reconfirm... but i think basically its a similar thing to what they did in earls court last year where they will teach you how to use their products and convert you on the spot...

for a regular standard conversion course.. you pay £95 + VAT and you get a full kit with it.. but if you add the value of the kit together... it actually exceeds the £111 you are paying which means youre actually getting the 'teaching' free anyway....

with this one.... it works by giving you training but doesnt provide you with a kit... so you will need to buy all the products separately... the advantage of this .. of course.. is you buy only what you need and not products you have already ( e.g scrubfresh)...

all in all though..... cost wise.. the standard convertion course and this new training course works out to be nearly the same....

apparently.. it was so successful at earls court that they decide to do this on a regular basis.....

but like i said.... i havent checked and re-confirmed this.. so please correct me if im wrong or anyone who knows different....

hths geeks....

hi geeks i have phoned and spoken to smeone the course is on the 1 march and it is free you hae to book and take a model and you get a free try me kit this is only a l&p convert course to there product go to worth it though. oh it is from 10 til 2 at the ludlow academy dont know if its the same everywere.

i phoned over this too ..after also leaving a few messages lol (i couldnt wait)
i got through to a lovely lady
who told me
"the free conversion was in the pipeline,no dates for manchester had yet been arranged,
and that the course is free ,and you get enough products to last you the course,wheras if i pay to do the conversion,i will recieve a kit that provides enough for approx 20 to 30 sets "

as i was going to do the conversion anyway ..im just gunna hold my guns for a little longer and book it as soon as i have the money
I CANT WAIT !!!!!

OK OK I think I better answer this!

This is a new thing for 2007. Yes the course is FREE. It will be run from 10:00 until 2:00 and will also include a FREE Try-Me Kit (this is a Try-Me and has enough product for maybe 3 full sets)... yes that is FREE also.

You must be a certified technician to do the class... this is not teaching you how to do nails... it is a short course to teach you about Radical / Retention+ and Perfect Powders and how to get the best out of it with the right application techniques!

Why is it FREE... because we're nice! :)

thankyou for replying hun
i originally wanted to do the "free" course
i cant wait to be a creative tech ,not to follow a crowd but because i feel they are the best (the cuticle remover swung it for me )
i had a think though and realised to do the free course ,yes i will be converted but will still have to buy products so i might aswell pay for the conversion and get more product included !!
am i right in thinking this makes more sense ....?

thankyou for replying hun
i originally wanted to do the "free" course
i cant wait to be a creative tech ,not to follow a crowd but because i feel they are the best (the cuticle remover swung it for me )
i had a think though and realised to do the free course ,yes i will be converted but will still have to buy products so i might aswell pay for the conversion and get more product included !!
am i right in thinking this makes more sense ....?

Doesn't work like that anymore I am afraid Emma; what was the Creative Induction will now be known as Creative Conversion and will be FOC. The Kit that was notmally included on this class will be for Beginners only. There are a few changes happening actually and I will be revealing all to our Ambassadors first, tomorrow. FOC conversion is something we have wanted to do for ages and were finally able to go ahead with it for this year. HTH's :!:

yes it does thankyou ..the lady on the phone said about the kit ect.. she wanted me to book there and then ..but i was walking to the shop when i was on the phone to her lol ...otherwise i probably would have done it even knowing i was skint :lol:
well i will watch this space then and hold out .... xxx

Did anyone actualy get on the course for free??
They never even got back to me from the message i left on their answering machine.:cry:

I am not sure what number you called...but if it was Leeds they may pass your number on to Glasgow the Scottish Creative Academy....so why not just phone them direct on 0141 774 5999...or 0141 774 5008.....HTH

I got my call back this morning.
Was'nt the Induction called a conversion before it was changed to induction...:confused: :lol:

I hope a similar offer can be made on the othe inductions...conversions... 'cos I'd love to convert to Brisa, but am skint! lol
I reckon we'd need to buy our own Brisa Lamp though, due to the cost...

I have thought about doing this free conversion but have decided that the Creative Training has such a good reputation for improving your skills that I would prefer to have more detailed training and am therefore going to hold out for the Foundation course.

My idea is to improve my skills (which are not good with L&P) so I want the best possible option.

Doesn't work like that anymore I am afraid Emma; what was the Creative Induction will now be known as Creative Conversion and will be FOC. The Kit that was notmally included on this class will be for Beginners only. There are a few changes happening actually and I will be revealing all to our Ambassadors first, tomorrow. FOC conversion is something we have wanted to do for ages and were finally able to go ahead with it for this year. HTH's :!:

Hi Samantha....

Quick question on this (sort of on & slightly off topic, but I think it may be in a few peoples minds)...I thought if you were Creative trained in one system you could also use the 'induction' to add a further system, instead of having to repeat a foundation course. for example if you did Foundation in L&P then you could add Brisa or DN Fabric# by doing an induction course. What happens now then...is the new FOC conversion enough to still use it as a way to add a further system? Or is there another course for this?

Look forward to your comments...

Hi Samantha....

Quick question on this (sort of on & slightly off topic, but I think it may be in a few peoples minds)...I thought if you were Creative trained in one system you could also use the 'induction' to add a further system, instead of having to repeat a foundation course. for example if you did Foundation in L&P then you could add Brisa or DN Fabric# by doing an induction course. What happens now then...is the new FOC conversion enough to still use it as a way to add a further system? Or is there another course for this?

Im hopefully on the same wave length here.....Im a Brisa user, i wouldnt mind having ago at L&P, but do i qualify to do the conversion course for L&P if im only Brisa trained?

Hi Samantha....

Yeah, this would be good to know, as I would like to add brisa too, one day(when finances are better).

Would we have to do the full foundation again to learn another system?

Yeah, this would be good to know, as I would like to add brisa too, one day(when finances are better).

Would we have to do the full foundation again to learn another system?

No, if you've been a qualified, classroom taught nailtech (using another brand) for over six months you can convert to Creative in what is/was the Induction, then you can add all the courses you like.
If you qualified with Creative at foundation level, you still just do the Induction/conversion for each chosen system, & any more you wish to add.
Am I as clear as mud? lol

OK OK I think I better answer this!

This is a new thing for 2007. Yes the course is FREE. It will be run from 10:00 until 2:00 and will also include a FREE Try-Me Kit (this is a Try-Me and has enough product for maybe 3 full sets)... yes that is FREE also.

You must be a certified technician to do the class... this is not teaching you how to do nails... it is a short course to teach you about Radical / Retention+ and Perfect Powders and how to get the best out of it with the right application techniques!

Why is it FREE... because we're nice! :)

What qualifacations do you need? I have my certificates for my 3 of mine but have misplaced the 4th. Does this matter?

Apex73 pretty well summed it up. IF anyone has done an FDFC with CND, we would not expect them to repeat it in another system (that would be harsh and greedy:irked: ) and not what we are about.

IF someone has done an FDFC with CND they can do Inductions (1 day with Brisa or F/G)... IF they did and FDFC with BRISA they can do the CC FOC in L+P!

If someone uses another system, has been using and doing nails for 6 months with a recognised certificate from the company they have used, then YES they can do the FOC C/C!

If they have been doing nails for LESS than 6 months, they will need to do either FDFC or wait!

Does this help??

Sorry I have been in London judging for the PB Awards and it has taken me 2 days to get home!! :irked: :mad:

I booked mine yesterday.
I was trained on an in salon course in 2005. I have a certificate from it and insurance through Beauty direct.

Is this a recognised certificate?
I said this to the nice lady on the phone and she said it was fine but after reading about people who have done EN courses and can't get on the conversion i was a bit worried.

?
thanks
Tammy

Latest posts

Back