Doing your own nails.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coppertop

Reaction score
How do you do your own nails?

I can manage to put tips on both hands and apply gel or l&p to my left hand, i'm right handed, but i just can't do my right hand.
Any tips?

Shame we dont live nearer to each other, you could do mine and I could do yours. I have just put tips on tonight and will gel them tomorrow ( left hand done yesterday) patients is the best tip i can offer and a kid free zone.

I do my own nails, it is very tricky! I always find that I get more lift that my clients, maybe because I cant press the product in the same way????

My tip for you is to do your right hand first, start to finish, then do the left. That way, you get the right hand done and out of the way, also I think its harder to do both hands at the same time, and its hard enough to work with your left hand if you are right handed, but even harded with tips glued on, so do your right hand start to finish while your left is free of tips and product.

Have you tried with the Popits?

Hi sweetie, I know this may sound a bit mad as im a guy but I wear nails (l&p natural tips & mega mega short) & I use popits. I find this method the best way for me & its soooooo easy. Give it a try HTH xx:lol:

Hi! I just 'bit the bullet' and now i sculpt all mine - was sick of wearing tips and overlays (especially as none of my clients have tips) so just did it and im sure it will get easier!! I HATE doing my own but dont trust anyone else to do them!! silly huh ;o)

I was getting to the stage i was so sick of doing my own i could'nt be bothered, then i discovered the amazing popits :lol: i am excited again to do my own ! I think i will only use them on clients who are in a hurry definately wont use them for every client, but for myself ~ fantastic, give them a go.

popits really are the best way to go to do your own nails . apex fantastic.

I have a love hate relationship doing my own nails. I like to experiment on my left hand but hate the fact that there is always another enoying right hand waiting for me :irked:
I never got anyone else doing my nails...i would be terrified having someone else with a drill in their hands doing my nails. I am such a wuss when it comes to these things. I guess i got bad memories from when i did my first course and the girls were cutting each others cuticles with the abrasives :cry:

When I first started doing my own nails I ( like most people) found I could do one hand better than the other, but with a lot of patients and practise I can now do my own to a good standered. I am now able to do my left hand better than my right sometimes, I think its just practice and I find I still take ages to do my own.

I do my own nails, it is very tricky! I always find that I get more lift that my clients, maybe because I cant press the product in the same way????

My tip for you is to do your right hand first, start to finish, then do the left. That way, you get the right hand done and out of the way, also I think its harder to do both hands at the same time, and its hard enough to work with your left hand if you are right handed, but even harded with tips glued on, so do your right hand start to finish while your left is free of tips and product.

I do the same....get the worse hand out the way first !!!!...i am also right handed , i find doing the worst hand first helps as i get the woorst one done first !! :green:

Hi sweetie, I know this may sound a bit mad as im a guy but I wear nails (l&p natural tips & mega mega short) & I use popits. I find this method the best way for me & its soooooo easy. Give it a try HTH xx:lol:

Chase

Would love to see a picture of them so we can show other guys that they can look good too.

I have a love hate relationship doing my own nails. I like to experiment on my left hand but hate the fact that there is always another enoying right hand waiting for me :irked:

Well put! I usually do one hand one day and the other hand the next. For me, that makes it much more bareable!

I used to wear French white tips but it wasn't the best way to advertise my work.

Also I do a lot of my work with my 'good' hand by moving it to the brush etc. so that my bad hand doesn't have to flex too much. I find capping those far corners of the free edge the most challenging. I can now get a really good smile line with either hand, though.

I sculpt both hands pretty well.. but i always do my wrong hand first.. as has been said already, it gets it over and done with and out the way.

there was a thread on this not that long ago so im sure if you do a search you will find it.there was lots of great ideas in it that im sure would help you.
i will let you know if i find it.xx

You are not alone, I sculpt mine though as I find it easier. How many people say "you have lovely nails"? I get it loads and most people can't believe they are enhancements. I have yet to get to grips with those tricky poppits as I really struggle with em, don't know why.

Stevie

I have always done my own, but then i have always thought, if i can do my wrong hand, then a clients will seem so much easier.

Now i have to say, i can usually do my wrong hand better than my good one, as i take more time and care when i do them. I always do a design on my wrong hand so i know i can do it, then i have my easy hand to do afterwards.

Keep at it girls, you will get there.

I can and have done my own nails (sculpted) for years and I can work quite well with both of my hands BUT not anymore!! PopIts for me. No buffing and perfect shine and all in 30 minutes .... are you kidding?? ... why would I do them any other way now. AND if you like applying nail art to a perfect surface then PopIts are made for you. Cuts the time in half.

I too have always dreaded doing my othr hand. To do a french with popits, would you use the POW? As you can tell i've never used them before.

Latest posts

Back