EBAY with Shellac already and Extortionate Prices.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread started as a valid complaint about unprofessional people trying to make a fast buck. The incident at The Event was used as another example of the unethical and dishonest conduct of fellow technicians.

Calling the police would have spoilt an amazing weekend for everyone. As it was only a few people were aware so most people continued to have a blast. Those that matter know who did this and watched them (I even witnessed an attempt to get some more 'gifts')

I don't think there is any wild speculation here. Those who did it know who they are and now know they were found out and got off lightly.

People can be very disappointing sometimes can't they

People can be very disappointing sometimes can't they

Sadly yes, and it is always the small miniority that spoil things for the majority.

Wouldn't the ebay seller have made more money by using the product,i'm sure they would have done x

I couldnt help myself so I emailed that ebay account and basically had a rant about the fact that the price is a joke and you can buy them new for cheaper.lol

I couldnt help myself so I emailed that ebay account and basically had a rant about the fact that the price is a joke and you can buy them new for cheaper.lol

I've just had a peep at the site. When you think about it, though, how much do you think the buyer would have to charge for her services to make a profit? Those products will only go to people without accounts. I've just placed an <legitimate> order and consider it a <bleep> bargain in comparison, so the joke's on them!! :D

You will always get a minority of unscrupulous/dishonest people in all walks of life. You will never eradicate them. I spotted minx going for absurd prices and it was the same with popits when they were first launched. Happy are they who did the training, have the accounts and can buy at more sensible prices.

While yes I do totally agree that professional products should be kept that way at the same time as with everything it is always just a matter of time before you see it on e bay and the like, minx is a classic example of this, it has been available on e bay and although we don't talk about trade prices hear any one who knows will kinow minx on e bay has been seen at probably 2 or 3 times the cost of having it done properly! Dose it affect your trade? Do you still get minx clients? Yes you probably do and the same for shellac, yes some one could buy it from e bay would they know how to use it correctly? Would they understand dispersion layers? U.V lights?tiny tunnles and removal And most of all would they be able to do what looked like a professional paint job?
Maybe they could but I think not....
I could buy a microphone wouldn't make me a singer ! :lick:

Sorry Izzy. I dont Agree with you this time. We have the proof and we know exactly who the perpetrators are. We have delt with it all in a dignified way that did not spoil the weekend for anyone. We have our own way of dealing with things and trust me it is and was the right way. They will not get the chance again to come alone or in a pair to take advantage of others or S2. S2 will be happy to stand the loss for now rather than to let a couple of low lifes bring down the euphoria of what was a great occasion for all 200 attendees!!! Name me another nail company in the UK that could get 200 delegates to a training like the EVENT ??? X

I think this thread has now run its course and who needs the negativity anyway??

Last edited:
As the title says a shellac kit is being auctioned on eBay! How do these people get away with this??!! They ruin it for all us nail techs trying to earn a living and r selling it to the public! Makes me so mad!!!!!

A thread on this came out the other day, there is no need for another one.
Jen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back