Let's hear it for Geeg

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She shoots from the hip, that is for sure. But her words are said with honesty and sincerity. Her wealth of experience and her ability to give this freely to others, is why so many ultimatley respect her.

Perfectly put Sam.

Gigi is a legend.... and very much loved and respected by us all.

:hug:

Hi, I would aslo like to say thank you to Geeg too,
I have learned a lot from this site and although I would have loved to carry on with nail services my hands just wont allow me to, but I still like to read the threads :)
I recieved popits and a lovely trial pack of cnd and other fab samples all from this site completely free,
and everyone on here has been great with lots of good advice for lots of different things, it doesnt matter what system you use
you will get all the right advice on here , so thank you Geeg and all once again,
Ps, I would like to thank Carl /Nailzoo too, for all his help too :hug:
I could go on and on but I wont :)

There will always be professional jealousy....

There are brilliant techs around and many are screaming for acknowledgment, but trying to drag down well respected, honored tutors technicians that have proven themselves time and time again (and continue to do so) is no way to go about feathering your own nest.

It's quite foolish, childish and downright obvious

There are several things these bitter people can never take away from others .... : respect, genuine care for others and longevity, just to name a few.

I had the privilege to meet Geeg over here Xmas period here i Aus.

We had only spoken in here before (yes we have even locked horns a few times), but mutual respect never wained (even through differing opinions).

To describe meeting Geeg would have to professionally include (kindred spirits, passion for what we do, a care for our industry ....and where it's going) along with the personal side of things (without getting to deep).

Surprisingly to me "product" was rarely mentioned, it was about nails, our industry and what was "produced", not the product involved.

We got on like a house on fire ...... a house that was being doused in petrol and well fanned to keep it burning bright.

It's one thing for the negative few to hide behind a screen, but if they were ever to come into the light of day from under their rocks of ignorance, I'd be the first to kick their foolish asses for not recognizing...

A Legend, Sage and a Diva that has inspired and continues to inspire millions of aspiring techs.

For what reward ? Very little ... she does it for a love and passion of this industry,
sharing her advice and knowledge freely to make you, me and even "them" .... better.

Last edited:
Gigi is a very good friend of mine, a fabulous nail technician, and a tireless champion for the nail industry. Gigi continuously gives us nail techs wonderful advice, freely and willingly.

Over the last few days there has been a marked lack of appreciation and respect for our fellow geek and as I know Gigi does not deserve this and certainly does not need this at the moment, I'd like to be the first to say thank you and to ask others to join me.

Great thread, Adele! I have been very surprised by what I've read the past few days. To say it's UNwarranted, is an understatement.

Geeg, the advice you give is nothing short of fantastic. And as always, you handle yourself as a true professional, no matter what the circumstances!

Geeg, from me to you: :hug: XOXOXOXOXO

Wow, i just came accross this thread and it made my heart soar so i can imagine how Gigi must feel reading this, i think it was lovely of you Adele to start a thread like this, i also have learned alot from Gigi, she is a true icon, i am another tech who can quite honestly say that i dont think i would be here if it wasn't for all the help and advise from Gigi, nailzoo, and the sam's to name but a few. I can honestly say Geeg that nearly all of us respect and love you just the way you are, you say it how it is and that is how it should be.
Many hugs to a very special lady. :hug:xxx

Gigi tells it the way it is, not to cause arguments, or to make herself look better than anyone else, but to help and improve people's knowledge and technique. I hang on her every word when she is talking about nails. I'd bow down before her as one of (or even THE) best nail techs and educators in the world, but I know she wouldn't want this, as she values and sees everyone who has the same passion for nails as she does as friends. Thanks Geeg!! xx

Well let me tell you this friends, you have succeeded where many have failed in that your comments have reduced me to tears today! :cry: I'm not being dramatic ... you really have! As many of you know, I am quite unwell at the moment and part of that unwellness is apparently that my emotions are very raw and near the surface BUT EVEN IF THAT HAD NOT BEEN SO I THINK I STILL WOULD HAVE CRIED :lol:. There is nothing like the support that you who have posted have given me today and it only goes to show how special this site really is ... I don't think there is anything like it anywhere! I'm proud to be a part of it and even more proud that you think my contribution is useful. :hug:

:cry: awww , :hug: :hug: a nice cuppa comes to mind for you now and a snuggley rest in your duvet in the knowledge that you are very well appreciated on this site, I do hope you feel better soon :hug:

I love reading Gigis posts, she has a wealth of knowledge in that head of hers :hug:, I dont put much in as I'm still quite new to the industry, and not enough experience, but I hate seeing posts that people are, imo, are trying to get a bite from.
If I see geeg has made a post, I will go to it just to have a nose at what she has written :lol::hug: xx

To be honest i think some people are jelous of Geeg of her success and talents. They know full well she is a very talented lady and im glad she does contribute to this website as she doesnt have to but she choses to help us all out.

its not like geeg comes on and brags of how good she is she also helps us with our issues and little hiccups that we have within the nail industry.

So geeg feel glad that people are envious it is a sickness :lol: :hug:

Ditto and more.
:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

I was truly blessed the day you came into my life Gigi - I thank you for all you have taught me and for your friendship - Len and I love you!

Gigi is akin to a classy sophisticated French menu....you never quite know what you are getting,however when you do,you may well be pleasently surprised to see another side to food:lol:

Words that spring to my mind when i think of this lady is:elegant,refined,has strong values,loyal,dependable.....and truly iconic...plus she wears eyeliner well,and tells every story with her eyes...it is just a shame we can not see those peepers on here:green::hug:

Thought i had replied ...............hmmmm must not have sent it lol

I have nothing but great things to say regarding Gigi, CND & Samantha ......

I have had great advice & support since day one with Gigi & CND as a company......

Gigi you keep flying the CND flag ..... Its worth it!

Mwhhaaa xx

I'm proud to be a part of it and even more proud that you think my contribution is useful. :hug:

=> that is a big understatement. I think that everyone can agree that you are the backbone of this website and that your years of expertise and wisdom that you so freely share is a great addition to any nailtechnician and should be greatly appreciated.

I'm proud to be a part of it and even more proud that you think my contribution is useful. :hug:

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm anyone close enough to Gigi to give her a good smack in the arse?????

As said already........... UNDERSTATEMENT!!!

A Friend Is Like A Flower...
A friend is like a flower -- a rose to be exact,
Or maybe like a brand new gate --that never comes unlatched
A friend is like an owl, both beautiful and wise
Or perhaps a friend is like a ghost, whose spirit never dies.
A friend is like those blades of grass -- you can never mow,
standing straight, tall, and proud -- in a perfect little row
A friend is like a heart that goes --strong until the end.
Where would we be in this world -- if we didn't have a friend

This sums up Gigi xxxxxxxx

. I also think that it is major mark of respect to see fellow business friends such as Derek and Collin, commenting on this thread.

A "skinny" I might be but credit where credits due :hug:

Gigi in the morning in the dappled sunlight of that olive grove with that first coffee of the morning ..maybe Simon has nipped down to the shops and brought the early morning papers....while listening to the spring birds chirping and the sight of the sea in the distance....maybe ...just maybe with all the postings on here and time to reflect on the last few days...well erm...you will know inside whats what me thinks.

Keep up the input:hug:

I love reading Gigis posts, she has a wealth of knowledge in that head of hers :hug:, I dont put much in as I'm still quite new to the industry, and not enough experience,

If I see geeg has made a post, I will go to it just to have a nose at what she has written :lol::hug: xx

I second this, I think it is amazing and extremely kind the way you give your time and knowledge to others on this site, thank you xx:hug:

Who's this Gigi person you keep talking about?? hehe:lol::hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back