Let's hear it for Geeg

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It does seem to be pick on gigi week keep those shoulders strong babe
xxxx

I don't know Geeg personally but i couldn't quite believe a thread i read on hear the other day.
I have seen how she has helped people on here and think that is the reason for this site-to help people not to villify them.
Geek just ignore them and chill out with a nice bar of Cadbury's ! :wink2:

What can I say. I've met Gigi twice now and been made to feel nothing but special, as everyone is who meets her. I've been telling MrMin all about this saga tonight and stupidly struggled to not get upset. He's met her actually as often as I have and is also baffled by what I told him. As Adele said, Geeg doesn't need this right now and that makes it all the more frustrating that its going on. She doesn't have to be in here so why should she get the grief she is getting just for sharing. She says it how it is in here just as she did when I met her and for that I am thankful. I hope that never changes.

So thanks Geeg, for a river of knowledge, support and an occasional kick up the rear to move this mountain of no confidence. From Me and and MrMin! :hug::hug:

P.S It cant have been easy for the Sams to see this happening either so to them also :hug:'s Great family who give us all a great place to come and learn and benefit from their pooled knowledge.

Your all appreciated more than I could ever say!

Gigi has earned her stripes xxxx

I may not always agree with her but would hope that I treat her with the respect she undoubtedly deserves.

Hear, Hear!!..

2 things..
She is amazing at what she does..
and we are all better off for having her in the industry..

This thread is lovely !
Can I join

Gigi I hope you already know how much I think of you,
I respect you on a professional and personal level,
And truly admire what you have achieved, (promise I am not a stalker :twisted: ) :green:

You have helped me in so many ways, you make me feel I CAN do it when I think I can't and you inspire me and make me excited about my career again when I think I am loosing it.

You do this for so many of us, and I think anyone who has had the chance to meet and talk to you feels some kind of connection instantly,

I was nervous when I came to see you for the first time I have no idea why lol, but I had no need you gave me a warm hug and made me feel so welcome.
So welcome infact I think we had to be practically thrown out of the building lol...

You ARE a very special person, and I know you don't expect thanks (although obviously its nice to get it lol)

But I for one give you a MASSIVE thank you......just for being YOU :hug:

(ps. I had done a massive reply, but my Internet disconnected when I clicked to post...don't you just hate that :irked: lol) xxxxxxxx

Hi I have read the threads that I assume this is about and personally I would ban them they obviously have no respect for any one and are damn rude.
I have noticed a lot of this lately must be something in the air. Geeg you know 100% how much you are admired and loved by all and how much you are appreciated you are a GOD in the nail world and to everyone on this site.
:0) :hug:

Hi I have read the threads that I assume this is about and personally I would ban them they obviously have no respect for any one and are damn rude.
I have noticed a lot of this lately must be something in the air. Geeg you know 100% how much you are admired and loved by all and how much you are appreciated you are a GOD in the nail world and to everyone on this site.
:0) :hug:

I agree totally!! :hug:

I love and admire Gigi on a professional and private level. She is an absolute giver and Salon Geek is lucky to have her on board giving endless advice.

The recent bullying posts have been vindictive and nasty. It is sad because the bullies really embarrass themselves and show themselves up as threatened unprofessionals. Why do they pick on Gigi? Why go out of their way to misinterpret Gigi? Why do they try and salander CND? Becaise Gigi and CND have what they do not - integrity, great reputation, professionalism and a carerr history they cannot match.

Gigi, thank you for your passion, dedication to the industry and all the knowledge and wisdom you pass on to fellow geeks. We love you! xxx:hug::Love::hug:

Ditto ditto ditto.......... big hugs to Gigi an inspiration to so many of us :hug:

This site would not be the inspirational and educational place it is without Gigi (and others of course, ooh get me all politically correct!!!)...... She is the perfect teacher - knowledgable, encouraging, clear, concise and with the experience to know when to put someone back in their box.

Like Victoria, I would not be the tech I am today without her (and I've never even met her)........

Put a bunch of professionals in a room..or a big room in this case... and its amazing how a debate can turn very personal and unnessarily rude and unprofessional.

The worst is when its aimed at those who give considerable time ,effort and who are willing to pass onto others their many years of gained knowledge ,experience and technique skills :smack:

Thought you did rather well remaining dignified and professional Gigi :hug:

I don't know but when things kick off you guy's make us skinnies look extremely boring :hug:

Goodness, I don't actually know what has been going on (as usual!) but if its as bad as has been said, then its most certainly undeserved.

Gigi, darling, you know I love and adore you....and very much value our friendship....please, don't let petty small-minded peope get to you, they simply aren't worth worrying about :hug: Much love n hugs xx

Adele, big hugs to you for doing this for Gigi :hug:xx

I read the early part of this thread late last night, and it left me wondering what on earth I had missed! I found and read the offending threads and to be honest I'm completely shocked!!! Why can't people have a grown up, sensible, proffesional debate without it turning into playground bitchiness?:grr: By all means disagree, but please do it without the intent to hurt and offend.

Gigi has to be the most generous person on this site when it comes to sharing her knowledge, how can that ever be a bad thing?:eek:

Love and hugs to you Gigi, we know that you're a tough cookie but it doesn't hurt anyone to know that they have lots of support either.:hug:

It has been a funny few days ,weeks or even longer and its so strange how a thread can suddenly turn in just a few comments.
It may be because it was meant or because of misunderstanding but whichever, this thread has bought to the fore how we all need to be thinking before we write.I think the word respect comes into it more than anything.
Its a good job Geeg is so involved and passionate about the site or we could have seen her leaving us which seems to have happened to a good few people whos input we greatly miss.
A little more lightness,jolity and fellow unity wouldn't go amiss at the mo either.

:) I know I have benefited from geegs advice here on Salon geek :) Thanks Geeg, appreciate your posts.

I would just like to say thank you Gigi ! you inspire me :) :hug:

This is a well deserved thread:hug:

Gig is a warm, caring and fantastic person not only in her non professional life but in her professional life, I am one who worth out her help and encouragement would not be still doing nails.

She hands out advice on this site unconditional not looking for anything in return apart from the respect she is due.
The person/s who were the reason for this thread being posted should be horrified with thier behaviour and should not in my opinion be classed as professional as they don't know the meaning of the word!!:smack:

:hug:

Well I too read the thread I think this post is refering to... as we say in Yorkshire... 'there's nowt as queer as folk':) and it's very obvious to all when 'folk' have an agenda.

Adele you are a love to start a thread like this. I think it will mean a lot to Geeg and something I sadly (for all the obvious reasons) can't do personally.

She shoots from the hip, that is for sure. But her words are said with honesty and sincerity. Her wealth of experience and her ability to give this freely to others, is why so many ultimatley respect her.

I am the person I am today because of all of these traits and although my approach to certain situations may be different, my sentiments are ultimately the same. I also think that it is major mark of respect to see fellow business friends such as Derek and Collin, commenting on this thread.

If one can stand up in life and say they did something that helped others through no motive other than to see others do well, then I think that is a good and decent thing! Gigi is EXACTLY in that position now. She is retired and helps us for helps sake. Yes I know she LOVES CND... that will never change so if that annoys some, I am afraid you are just going to have to get over it :lol:. Yes we still have Geeg back to 'do' things for us because (in the words of Carly Simon) Nobody Does it Better... but for the most part, she does what she does for the sheer LOVE of it.

If many benfit for the better... that is a good thing and I for one am very thankful for it. She often says if anything happened to her, no one would notice because I am still here. She means it as a compliment to me, but this thread goes to show that this really would not be true! MTTCT Mum xoxo :hug:

well i dont know what the heck all the nastiness come from but it isnt warrented,
am sure gigi knows we all have the upmost respect for the advice she gives and her dedication to the site :hug: which for all of us has helped us better ourselfs and our knowledge of the nail world
take no notice of the sillyness xxxxx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back