Let's hear it for Geeg

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who's this Gigi person you keep talking about?? hehe:lol::hug:

I'm not too sure either. I think she might be one of the newbies on this site. I'm sure we'll be able to teach her a thing or two about nails! :hug:

I'm not too sure either. I think she might be one of the newbies on this site. I'm sure we'll be able to teach her a thing or two about nails! :hug:

Perhaps she's one of the people here with a sense of humour!!
P.S. there's no icon for tongue in cheek sorry lol
I seemed to spend most of last night trying to perk threads up and doing what we do here.....having fun and a brilliant community spirit...as well as offering advice and LISTENING to it x

Gigi's an absolute star - as are Sam & Sam to boot - they should all be commended for being so open and helpful and welcoming.

It's also just so nice to be a part of this community here; even though I'm from more of an IT background myself, but with an interest in the industry, it's been fantastic to be able to participate and meet some really fab people.

I love her, allways will and she knows it :hug::hug::hug:

I haven't been with the site very long, i'm not even a nail geek, but even i know who are the ones you listen to for advise and who know what they are talking about. I respect any advise Geeg gives and always read her threads.
Hope you feel better soon:)

I can't begin to express the admiration I have for Gigi. There is nothing more difficult than training, teaching and explaining techniques and productd over and over with out losing your passion for the industry.

Her ability to explain in "plain" english so that everyone from the newest technician to the industry die hards is absolutely amazing. I haven't gotten the chance to meet face to face, I would dearly love to. (next time you are in Utah, email me it's only a few hours away)

Truthfully I'm not a frequent poster, but I am a frequent reader, I work in the trenches teaching and often the questions posted here are also issues my students face, not only do I direct them to the site, but I use bits of information that I've gathered to help them produce a better end product. Some times it takes a different way of explaination or presentation to get the same point across.

The "long time" geeks are a valuable resource, they've been in the industry working, their opinions are based in experience as well as education. There hasn't been a situation or issue that can be posted that one of these people can't help with, or find the help you need.

Well done Gigi, and all the other long timers who contribute and provide debate that forces us to learn and grow. Keep them coming.

Gigi, you are a classy lady with a wealth of knowledge we all envy - thank you for sharing your gifts and time with us.

I'm sorry that so much heat has fallen your way recently from unscrupulous posters. Thanks for your efforts in standing up for all of us and our industry!

You are very valued here!

:hug:

I really can't add to what has already been said....I think its fab that so many have come together to show such support and kindness for someone so very wonderful.

love ya :Love:

Gigi, at a time when I was very down, you touched my heart with your generosity, I will never forget that, you are one classy lady:hug:

I have sat and read through these not knowing what has been said about Gigi. I don't want to know, I have made my mind up!

I have spoken with Gigi a few times on here to ask for help with nails things and this has also lead to us having the odd, un-nail-related (shock! Horror!! Yes it can happen!), conversation. She has been a valuable help to me. Without Gigi I wouldn't have trained with Katrina down here and got to where I am today........Gigi, you know my future plans. I am scared but I know I can make it work and with you encouragement and help and advise and everything else you give so freely, I will get there one day!

I have send the odd message to Gigi asking for help because I know I will get a straight answer! No frill,,, but good, honest, helpful, sound advise etc!

Gigi.....YOu ROCK!!!!!! Don't let the Feckers get you down LUV!!!

I'm with Kim dragging them around!!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Gigi,
I must have missed what has been going on the past few days and it amazes me to think someone would have disrespected you. We only met briefly once a few years back. I think your work, your advice and your open helpfulness is amazing and I would be very smug with myself if one day my work and knowledge could be one iota of yours.
Kindest wishes,
JES x

I am fairly new to this site & already I can see that Gigi is inspirational and knowledgeable. She has a lot to give to those willing to listen and learn.
Call me goofy... but I think it is great that someone who is obviously very talented and successful takes the time and interest to help fellow nail techs. Gigi could just be off basking in her own success yet she chooses to be on this site, helping, educating and keeping it real. I just find her inspirational and when she talks (posts) I listen!
And what a nice thread to start. Good on ya mate :green:

I think i too must have missed something, but i know how lucky we areto have advice and knowledge from Gigi. We couldnt pay for the advice she gives! Lots of love and respect to her:hug:

I really can't add much more than what has already been said...

It amazes me that Gigi uses her spare time to share her amazing knowledge with us all, and certain people don't give her the respect she deserves.

I read every article/tutorial Gigi writes and have gained so much from her completely unselfish desire to help and inspire us.

Thank you, Gigi. You are an inspiration!:hug:

I send a massive 'give it up' from me & the family, one lovely lovely lady (& gorge family to boot):hug:

get well soon buddy x

Please do not shoot me down for the next statement!

When i first started to use the site years ago (before i joined), I thought "who the hell does this person (Geeg) think she is?" As someone said in an earlier post, "she shoots from the hip". As a newbie in the industry you dont know who's who, as you dont necessarily get told these things in your training! However, I didn't post stupid comments, but investigated the industry more, and can now honestly say that "I now know who and what she is, and Geeg is god as far as i am concerned!"

Keep up the good work Gigi - I now know who you are and what you have done for this industry and this site - RESPECT to you and your family. And big thanks to all the others that help run this site free of charge. You are entitled to "shoot from the hip" any time you like. Your knowledge has not only helped me regarding my (still not brilliant) nails, but also in my business and the way in which i deal with certain clients.

LOVE

I saw the comments made and the thread in question, and couldn't beleive my eyes, as I have come to see Geeg as some would see a film star. You should've seen me and 2 other geeks at the coffee bar at The Event when Geeg came over and talked to us, like we were old chums:green:. We were sat all googly eyed, and I hardly dared speak! I remember being 13 and getting Davy Jones from the Monkees autograph, I acted in a similar way:smack:

I for one would like to say "Thank you" to Geeg for her time, expertise, passion, energy, and honesty. Salongeek is a fab place, made even better by her presence.:hug:

Last edited:
I just found this threat by accident - was looking up acrylic/gel toes hoping to find a thread by Gigi!

I think all the "haters" out there are jealous because, lets face it, there are few on the planet who have as much knowledge as Gigi on our favorite subject. I also consider Gigi a friend, but am still in awe of her every single day. She's who I aspire to be when I grow up - LOL

If people who read her responses think that she is being mean, or hard on them, they need to read between the lines. Gigi is not mean or cruel - she is no-nonsense and common sense and people need to learn how to read her messages appropriately. Take the ego out of it and really listen to what she is saying. She challenges my thinking on a daily basis - and for that I am grateful - I need to get my melon moving!

I have also never, ever heard her disrespect another tech's product preference - even though we all know she is a diehard CND lover - I really respect that about her.

This forum is about sharing knowledge and often, opinions. Just because I don't always agree with someone's opinion doesn't mean his/her opinion is invalid!

Love you Gigi - I have learned more in the past several months than I knew in my entire 11 year career!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back