please help to stop the skinning of live animals in China

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I read somewhere that more money goes to animal charities than children charities...I don't know if this is true.

There are lots of animal welfare charities doing their best to stop this sort of thing
I think its WSPA.

The only other thing I want to add is - dogs and cats are not seen the way see them - they are vermin in some countries - just as fox's and rats are vermin here. Cows are sacred in India - but we eat them here (I don't though). My point is animal cruelty goes on - always has done and most probably always will do. Its different in every country.

Also - I have a clear conscience - I don't eat meat BUT alot of us do - animals with docile eyes are bred to eat - not all of them are treat right - most of them suffer - in this country.

Just going to give my sloppy daft dog a big cuddle and kiss - to remind her how lucky she is.

xxx

Done it - kept the screen small so could'nt see the pics, dont want to, my imagination is active enough without adding to it. :cry:

When cattle goes to the slaughter house....they have rules so the animlas dont suffer on the jounery....water let out so they can have a run......now we know we have to do this cos people eat meat....does not mean they can slaughter the cattle with knives..sticks..the have to do it in a humane way.....

The abuse i am talking about is when we find dogs/cats that have not been feed for weeks,even months.....when we see a dog with a chain inbedded in its neck where the owner has seen it every day and done nothing.....when we see dogs with fleas that bad...they are put to sleep.....

Dogs and cats bleed like us....same colour blood....so why cant we treat them with the respect they deserve.....we all rant and rave cos we want dogs to protect us and our homes.......and they do......but we dont show them when we throw them in the back garden with no food,water,shade in the summer.

When cattle goes to the slaughter house....they have rules so the animlas dont suffer on the jounery....water let out so they can have a run......now we know we have to do this cos people eat meat....does not mean they can slaughter the cattle with knives..sticks..the have to do it in a humane way.....

The abuse i am talking about is when we find dogs/cats that have not been feed for weeks,even months.....when we see a dog with a chain inbedded in its neck where the owner has seen it every day and done nothing.....when we see dogs with fleas that bad...they are put to sleep.....

Dogs and cats bleed like us....same colour blood....so why cant we treat them with the respect they deserve.....we all rant and rave cos we want dogs to protect us and our homes.......and they do......but we dont show them when we throw them in the back garden with no food,water,shade in the summer.

Very well said SJ. :hug:

But did you know that in china.. you have to have a licence to give birth to a child...? and they would only grant you the licence if you have a marriage certificate...? and even when you get get a licence... then your licence is only valid for having one child only... If you have more than one child.. then you will be fined in thousands... if you dont have the money then you will be jailed... this is their law..

In the many years of the chinese history... you will not be respected or properly accepted in your husbands family if you do not produce a son.. your life as a woman will be degraded and you will live your life shamefully... your life will be made hell..

yes.. it is very cruel that many of these abandon babies are little girls.. but i also believe the mothers who have had to abandon them are - at the time - have no other choice... how many mothers do we really know who would carry a child for nine months and then give birth to her to throw her out just like that...?? but if you do not leave the child then your fate will be dragged into the chinese law and you will not be able to try for a son to secure your own life... bearing in mind that we are talking about a country where abortion is illegal...

The chinese has one of the oldest cultures in the whole world.. their history goes back 5000 years... chinese medicines is famous and still has its important place today in the medical world.. many many people have been cured from illnesses by eating animals brain/heart/skin/intestines etc etc... unfortunely in some cases... that particular piece of organ you need would only work if that animal is still alive... this is not a myth... this is a proven fact in the world of chinese medicines...

so if someone told you that someone you love will be cured if he eats the skin of a live snake.. would you allow that person to go ahead and skin that animal for you...??? if it means that you can save the life of someone close to you that you love...??

However I would like to point out to our fellow geeks that do not realise that the lovely *Flower* is Chinese. She has tried to explain to you how her deep rooted culture works and I suggest you read her very informative post.

Firstly, let me say this. I respect that Flower is Chinese and I respect her post where she tried to explain things.

With my reply, I mean no offense, but am sharing my view.

The Chinese culture is very old. But times have changed and we do not live in the "dark ages" anymore. We have very effective modern medicine, which I believe is available in China / Japan / Korea etc.

If you go back a couple of hundred years ago and look at the medical methods that were practiced in Europe and other countries, it will actually send shivers down your spine. Today, we simply can't imagine that they did the things they did to cure illnesses. But in those days, it was all they knew.

Now we fast forward and we are in the year 2008. Yes, there are still diseases and illnesses that we can't cure, but we've come along in leaps and bounds and things that would have killed you 60 / 70 years ago, simply aren't an issue anymore.

So, yes I understand what Flower is saying, but I would love to see the scientific evidence that proves killing or skinning an animal alive for whatever organ is actually beneficial for medical purposes and that it can actually cure whatever illness or disease. I simply cannot believe this.

If this was the case, wouldn't all countries be doing this ?

I honestly think it stems from people who perhaps still live in rural areas that haven't had the education that most people have had and still believe in these old practices. It could possibly also be for financial reasons that they cannot afford modern medicine.

It would be the same as me prescribing using leeches for headaches or blood letting because you've got a tooth ache and stubbed your toe.

We have moved on and I can't believe we are still trying to validate / justify these sorts of things.

As for the license to have children. I know this is true and I know you are only allowed to have one child and I know that it should be a boy otherwise you bring shame on the family and yourself etc.

BUT once again, isn't this a backwards attitude for the Government to have ? Please Flower, I know this is your culture and your heritage and I'm honestly not having a personal go at you, I'm just discussing the matter.

There are things happening in Zim that I can talk about for hours and other atrocities in other countries, but I'm just picking up on what you said.

Many years ago in this country and still in certain black cultures, male children are the be all and end all. I don't understand why ? What makes men better and more important than women ?

And to introduce a law which forces women to abandon their female children because they only have one chance is just plain wrong !

Fine, if you are trying to prevent over population and you bring in a law which states you are only allowed to have one child. Fair enough. But to then still put the cultural pressure on women to say that if it's a female child, you will disgrace your family and yourself .... what the hell do they think will happen ?

I can't imagine what these women must go through. You can't not have a child because then you're useless, you can't have a daughter because then you're useless. What choices do these women have ?? You can't honestly think this is right ?

M.

M.

Some good points raised on this thread.....i just want the animals not to suffer anymore than they have to.....in all the world and any sort of abuse....cats/dogs all animals.....and i want ALOT more sentences then what they get now.....

ALOT just get banned form having animals...what about jail...BIG fines.....

Not talking about months...i am talking about years and years ...thousands of pounds in fines...then maybe it will start stopping....people know nothing will happen to them and they wont go to prison or a fine....well they DAME WELL SHOULD get it all.

Firstly, let me say this. I respect that Flower is Chinese and I respect her post where she tried to explain things.

With my reply, I mean no offense, but am sharing my view.

The Chinese culture is very old. But times have changed and we do not live in the "dark ages" anymore. We have very effective modern medicine, which I believe is available in China / Japan / Korea etc.

If you go back a couple of hundred years ago and look at the medical methods that were practiced in Europe and other countries, it will actually send shivers down your spine. Today, we simply can't imagine that they did the things they did to cure illnesses. But in those days, it was all they knew.

Now we fast forward and we are in the year 2008. Yes, there are still diseases and illnesses that we can't cure, but we've come along in leaps and bounds and things that would have killed you 60 / 70 years ago, simply aren't an issue anymore.

So, yes I understand what Flower is saying, but I would love to see the scientific evidence that proves killing or skinning an animal alive for whatever organ is actually beneficial for medical purposes and that it can actually cure whatever illness or disease. I simply cannot believe this.

If this was the case, wouldn't all countries be doing this ?

I honestly think it stems from people who perhaps still live in rural areas that haven't had the education that most people have had and still believe in these old practices. It could possibly also be for financial reasons that they cannot afford modern medicine.

It would be the same as me prescribing using leeches for headaches or blood letting because you've got a tooth ache and stubbed your toe.

We have moved on and I can't believe we are still trying to validate / justify these sorts of things.

As for the license to have children. I know this is true and I know you are only allowed to have one child and I know that it should be a boy otherwise you bring shame on the family and yourself etc.

BUT once again, isn't this a backwards attitude for the Government to have ? Please Flower, I know this is your culture and your heritage and I'm honestly not having a personal go at you, I'm just discussing the matter.

There are things happening in Zim that I can talk about for hours and other atrocities in other countries, but I'm just picking up on what you said.

Many years ago in this country and still in certain black cultures, male children are the be all and end all. I don't understand why ? What makes men better and more important than women ?

And to introduce a law which forces women to abandon their female children because they only have one chance is just plain wrong !

Fine, if you are trying to prevent over population and you bring in a law which states you are only allowed to have one child. Fair enough. But to then still put the cultural pressure on women to say that if it's a female child, you will disgrace your family and yourself .... what the hell do they think will happen ?

I can't imagine what these women must go through. You can't not have a child because then you're useless, you can't have a daughter because then you're useless. What choices do these women have ?? You can't honestly think this is right ?

M.

M.

I did not say it was 'right'.. nor did i say it was wrong...

I think you have missed my point.. I am simply explaining - for those who doesnt understand - some of the cultural background in relation to the subjects which were brought up..

I wanted others to see things in a different point of view..

In regards to chinese medicine and theory behind it... i wrote a simple thread about it a while ago... have a read for those who are interested.. http://www.salongeek.com/chit-chat/40222-chinese-herbal-medicines-info.html

Please do not challenge the ability and successfulness of chinese medication because it has already been proven that it works... its all very complex and is a field of its own.. I could be here explaining it for hours...

It is NOT a 'dark age' practise.. and has most definately cured many many people over the thousands of years and continuing to do so... chinese medicines consists of things which are VERY expensive... it is most definately not the same as leeches to cure headaches...

And for those of you who doesnt know.. you have to study hard and go to medical school to gain your chinese medical degree in order to become a chinese doctor.. it is no less than a western doctor and have been recognised as an equal...

Please do not make assumptions about things you do not understand or you simply do not believe... and please do not challenge my heritage and culture as this is starting to get very offending..

There are many things that even I dont agree with the chinese government but just because I dont agree with it does not mean they will change it... you are talking about a country who not only have the world greatest population but also for the past one hundred years or so have been ruled under communism... it is hard for us - who live the life of a free world - to understand.. they have a different way of thinking... not neccessarily the 'right' way.. but a 'different' way.... something which seems wrong to you may seems the correct thing to do for them..

Like I said.. the chinese has 5000 years of history and culture.. and i could be here forever trying to explain things... but I think im going to stop here to avoid causing more problems....

Last edited:
I think that some great points have been made here but its going off key slightly now....so i am going to close this and thank everyone for there views.x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back