please help to stop the skinning of live animals in China

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If thats all you wanted to post yes it is better.

You don't want other geeks being insulted as it takes away from your very important message.

becki xxx

Thanks again,xx

Have signed but can't look at the video. Just the look in the poor dog's eyes is all I can stand.

Shame on people who do this. Call themselves human?

Can you post a link of the petition without me seeing any of the pics? - I simply cannot look at any still pics - I don't need to be haunted with these images - they are already in my head.

Would it be a worthwhile to go to vets and put up a poster to gain more signatures?

This is a couple of posts taken from the dogsey forum, i am registered with them and we were signing the petition and this is what a couple of people remember from programmes a while back........

A few years ago there was an article in one of our national newspapers (The Mirror I think) about how Chinese baby girls are often dumped in the street and left to die. There was a picture on the front cover of a recently dead newborn baby girl in the gutter as people walked passed busy with their lives. I couldn't believe it, and still hope it was a hoax...although I'm sure it wasn't.

So, what hope is there of them stopping such a sick trade. They don't have any heart or soul.

China is a country I cannot stand and I think is a nation to be feared. They are an atheist state, which maybe explains their total lack of compassion.

I've signed, but all I think I can do to satisfy myself is stop eating Chinese food...it's probably the remains of these poor creatures!!!

icon_evil.gif
icon_evil.gif
icon_evil.gif
icon_evil.gif
icon_evil.gif
icon_evil.gif
icon_evil.gif
I remember that story, i also remember watching a prog about the orphanages in China. They strapped the children to chairs and just left them there, is was heartbreaking, that was mostly girls too. I think it was called "the dying room" as they had a room where they put the illest children and they would be left to die
icon_eek.gif
icon_sad.gif

Haunted me for ages afterwards.

If they can do that to human beings what chance do the animals have!!!!!

That is what flower ment, some of the Chinese people are very cruel!!

Yes.. chinese people can be very cruel sometimes...

But did you know that in china.. you have to have a licence to give birth to a child...? and they would only grant you the licence if you have a marriage certificate...? and even when you get get a licence... then your licence is only valid for having one child only... If you have more than one child.. then you will be fined in thousands... if you dont have the money then you will be jailed... this is their law..

In the many years of the chinese history... you will not be respected or properly accepted in your husbands family if you do not produce a son.. your life as a woman will be degraded and you will live your life shamefully... your life will be made hell..

yes.. it is very cruel that many of these abandon babies are little girls.. but i also believe the mothers who have had to abandon them are - at the time - have no other choice... how many mothers do we really know who would carry a child for nine months and then give birth to her to throw her out just like that...?? but if you do not leave the child then your fate will be dragged into the chinese law and you will not be able to try for a son to secure your own life... bearing in mind that we are talking about a country where abortion is illegal...

The chinese has one of the oldest cultures in the whole world.. their history goes back 5000 years... chinese medicines is famous and still has its important place today in the medical world.. many many people have been cured from illnesses by eating animals brain/heart/skin/intestines etc etc... unfortunely in some cases... that particular piece of organ you need would only work if that animal is still alive... this is not a myth... this is a proven fact in the world of chinese medicines...

so if someone told you that someone you love will be cured if he eats the skin of a live snake.. would you allow that person to go ahead and skin that animal for you...??? if it means that you can save the life of someone close to you that you love...??

I agree that sometimes the chinese eat alot of disgusting things... and although I am not an extreme animal lover.. I disagree with killing them to satisfy our own materialistic needs... but maybe.. just maybe.. sometimes people have their own other important reasons to do such thing...

I am not defending anyone... I just wanted others to read a simple insight in other things that goes on around the world.. sometimes what you see or hear may not be how it seems... many times there are reasons behind things...

To the rest of the world.. the chinese are very difficult to undertstand.. it doesnt neccesary mean they are cruel heartless people... a lot of it is actually in their culture.... a culture which is 5000 years too late to change...

Flower everything you say I understand - but its awful too.

These are people who are sometimes desperate.

Who knows - one day this could change. With the growing economy China is having maybe it will.

Don't just blame Chinea - Korea do this too.

I would love to adopt a little girl from China and rescue all the cats and dogs - but sadly I can't.

I just want to add to this and say......

We aLL grow up with our believes.....they maybe wrong or they maybe right...but thats what make up individuals...........
we all have 'opinion
s and thats what make us different....

I am sorry but to skin animals alive is torture...imagine what those animals go through....the unbearable pain and suffering for what ............FUR....well i just think thats selfish......how would people like it if we done it to them?......

We have to make them see this is not right......its so good they have a petition so at least they are doing something about it......its like any animal cruetly...its GOT TO STOP.......dog fighting,badger baiting,cock fighting...the list is endless.....for what .....money,a "sport", "fun"......its all just sick.....and it makes me sick to think it goes on anywhere in the world.

Really......50p per animal skin...:eek::eek::eek:.....i would like to beat them over the head with a bat then skin them alive.....maybe then it will stop.....such animal abuse should never go on .

Yep, that's what the site said - $1 per animal skin, 2 million animals per year, 2 million dollars, about a million quid.

Stupid isn't it, you could save all those animals for the price of 5 or 6 "average" houses!

Money - is the root of all evil.

Speaking of cruelty - did anyone see the Louis Theroux documentary - again I could not watch - but my hubby did and he told me about it - it was about hunting wild animals in Africa - people pay a fortune just to shoot and kill an animal that is kind of a sitting duck. (animal bred for a fat arse idiot to shoot it)

All for money - its sick.

Speaking of cruelty - did anyone see the Louis Theroux documentary - again I could not watch - but my hubby did and he told me about it - it was about hunting wild animals in Africa - people pay a fortune just to shoot and kill an animal that is kind of a sitting duck. (animal bred for a fat arse idiot to shoot it)

i heard a bit of it as i was on here when it came on, they were talking about shooting a zebra, i had to turn it over as i just can't watch things like that, some people are sickening, :mad: maybe we should turn them loose in the middle of nowhere ant then pick them off one by one!

Watched it....has anybody watched documentrys on dog fighting?????........

Stick to dogs in a pit and watch them fight...ripping and tearing each others ears,willy's,legs....savagely i may add...till i die's or the owner says the other dog has won........these dogs will fight til there death and a fight can last from 1-2 hours......that all for........wait for it......
money....surprise surprise......

I have dog who has lots of fur and i look at her after reading this and think if it was you i would KILL them......she is our baby of the family......

ALL and i mean ALL animal abuse has to stop.....some of its for fun and most for money......but its all sick .....it makes my blood boil when i hear of aimal abuse......most of us are animal lovers.....THANK GOD.

Yep, that's what the site said - $1 per animal skin, 2 million animals per year, 2 million dollars, about a million quid.

Stupid isn't it, you could save all those animals for the price of 5 or 6 "average" houses!

I could not read the site......2 million animals per year for fur......ALOT of animals for somone to say "ow yeah...this is from a dog /cat....aint i lucky". How bl!ody selfish.

Okay firstly I do not agree with such practice and do not condone it for any reason. However I would like to point out to our fellow geeks that do not realise that the lovely *Flower* is Chinese. She has tried to explain to you how her deep rooted culture works and I suggest you read her very informative post.

Culture and tradition go a long way for any country. Fox hunting in Britain, Bull fighting in Spain. They are all founded on tradition, whether right or wrong. Some are for sport, some are for culling purposes, some are for medicinal reasons. We all have different views and respect for animals and people. You only have to watch the RSPCA progs in Britain to know that the phenomenom of animal cruelty is not limited to one nation or one culture.

I understand all of your disgust and I feel it too, but do not think that what goes on in China does not happen on your own back doorstep. Child abuse, cruelty, animal torture ... we get the lot!

And to say that you would put these people and put them in a field and pick them off one by one ... is that not cruelty too?

I am sorry if i affended you flower....but i have said this is going on in the world not just china.....infact i have not mentioned china.......i feel very strongly about animal abuse .....any kind of it and all i am saying is it has to stop.

Dog fighting is mainly in america and britian....same as badger baiting....i am just giving my point of veiw on all of animal abuse all over the world.

I could not read the site......2 million animals per year for fur......ALOT of animals for somone to say "ow yeah...this is from a dog /cat....aint i lucky". How bl!ody selfish.

Indeed! But I still wouldn't want to dis the Chinese all the same; my brother and his wife went to China for 18 months a few years ago and loved the experience; it's a wonderful country; I guess it's like all places, there will be really cruel people everywhere, like the sort of people over here who dump kittens and puppies in bin bags and leave them to die...

is this the one with paul mccartneys ex talking about it?
if it is i saw that and was ashamed to be a human being if thats what our race does to animals

Indeed! But I still wouldn't want to dis the Chinese all the same; my brother and his wife went to China for 18 months a few years ago and loved the experience; it's a wonderful country; I guess it's like all places, there will be really cruel people everywhere, like the sort of people over here who dump kittens and puppies in bin bags and leave them to die...

Animal abuse is happening ALL over the world.....i live in east anglia and awhile back a dog fight took place in a back garden of a place i use to live near.....what a shock that was.....i thank god we all agree that animal abuse is sick and it should be stopped...but we cant signal out places because its upsetting to the people......

My last word on the subject is LETS STOP ANIMAL ABUSE....xxxxx:hug:

Had to add....hubby is going to use it on his myspace and get all his mates to sign it....xx

Last edited:
i can see if they have to do it but do it when the animals die of old age dont beat them
y they are a live just for a fur
thats not right animals have the right to be happy and what they are doing is just not right

Signed the petition!

Hate all animal cruelty, wouldnt even let the man put a bet on the grand national last weekend!

don't even get me started on fox hunting :mad::irked::cry:

xxx

ive signed too

that must be the most barbaric thing ive ever seen, i only watched about 6 seconds of that video and felt literally sick to the stomach

being an all out animal lover there's no way i could watch the video as i'm sure it would haunt me.
i have signed the petition and may place a pledge in the future too....
it's a shame that in this day and age, this barbaric sort of activity still goes on, what's wrong with the world, if it was children it wouldn't be allowed to happen!!!
anna:hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back