Top Secret Shin diggin

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Best days of the week for a big event

• Saturday & Sunday

Votes: 93 72.1%
  • Sunday & Monday

Votes: 24 18.6%
  • Monday & Tuesday

Votes: 6 4.7%
  • Other

Votes: 6 4.7%

• Total voters
adele I LOVE your brian

aaawww sam, is this because its my birthday today ? :hug:

what about a competition, maybe just one hand.?
i'm assuming its a naily event.

definetly party food, love canapes.
champagne reception.
love the idea of awards.
in a hotel where we can put up for the night.
an event through the day, ie learn a new skill, even if its belly dancing.

I'm up for doing demos (not belly dancing though).
Items for sale.
Perhaps a bring and buy sale!

an alka seltzer fountain running 24/7

This sounds great count me in if that is ok. xxx

definetly party food, love canapes.
champagne reception.
love the idea of awards.
in a hotel where we can put up for the night.
an event through the day, ie learn a new skill, even if its belly dancing.

I'm up for doing demos (not belly dancing though).
Items for sale.
Perhaps a bring and buy sale!

an alka seltzer fountain running 24/7

Great ideas!

Deffo demos & goodie bags all round!

Great music and gala dinner type evening do with a 'black tie' dress code - this could be the 'awards' ceremony

How about a raffle for a fabaroony set of nails done by one of 'our' industry icons? Proceeds to go the most voted for charity?

Lots of geeky friends to meet up with.

Special deal on hotel rates - it could be a takeover event? (Where ever it may or may not happen, it's definitely going to be a zillion miles from me!)

Workshops through the day.

Chance to try something new - for me it would be gel!

Champers and lots of it!

Fabulous finger food to go with our fabulous nails!

Competition/s

Great product deals

I'll keep thinking............................................

This is a bit exciting!
Well, not surprisingly I would love to spend a weekend with lots of Nail obsessed Geeks too..... :green:

I don't really care whats there so long as it mainly revolves around nails and having a happy time.... demos would be fab and competitions are always cool.

Location - just somewhere easy to get to - with affordable accomodation close by..... Preferably lots of notice before the event, so we can get a discount!

I don't do dresses! :eek: I eat most things! :lol:

Glitter balls, goody bags and all things pink! :green:
BBQ, punch, sun loungers and hot hunks are a definate.

Kareoke (lmao), live band, lambrini and perfume in the toliets! :lol:

Dress code.....perhaps fancy dress?

Whatever the descision Im sure it will be a fab event! xxxx:hug:

oooh all sounds fab , i am up for anything :lol: as long as theres alcohol and no kids , haha xxx

Have to say I'm really surprised how many people have a Saturday free in this industry!

As there are ten of us in the salon and it certainly sounds like the kinda thing we would ALL want to be at, then there ain't no way we could tell our 70 or so regular Saturday clients (that's every Sat) that we're going to a party and just can't manage their nails that day:irked:

So, please, please consider the workers and their location in the country as we really don't want to miss THIS shindig:smack:

I know what you mean Fiona but Saturdays are one of my quieter days.

I do feel for the bigger salons though in this situation. I think we will need to come to you instead to make it a longer party. Now thats a thought - a mobile geek party traveling all around the country! :lol: That would be fun!

So, please, please consider the workers and their location in the country as we really don't want to miss THIS shindig:smack:

I'm with you on this one Fiona.
Also - who isn't full to bursting on a saturday ????????????:irked: I voted Mon & Tue.

Also - who isn't full to bursting on a saturday ????????????:irked: I voted Mon & Tue.

Off topic, but me!
I struggle to fit enough working hours into the day Wednesday & Thursday, but am lucky if I have more tham 3 clients on a Saturday!

I agree though that Sun/Mon would be preferable!

i dont work saturdays, because it has proved not worth it. so instead i work 3 evenings, people prefer to come after work rather than waste part of their day off. :)

i dont work saturdays, because it has proved not worth it. so instead i work 3 evenings, people prefer to come after work rather than waste part of their day off. :)

me too, they want to keep their weekends for family stuff.

Some kind of auction for a charity chosen by the geeks.
Geeks could offer their services etc for auction.
121 tuition,tan kits ,training,different services,days at their salons etc etc.
All with an important auctioneer of course.

We should also think of ways to include our overseas members that cant get
to the event but can still be a part.

Last edited:
I'de just be happy to be a part of the shindig:green: no special requests, just go with the flow:hug:

Typical hey I am having my op on the 25th and will be out of action for 3 months so can we make it a christmas do Please :)
I think a health spa
champers on the lawn
Games and demos

Latest posts

Back