What's your name?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just as a little extra spin on things...

if you knew how much you would use this site when you joined....and how you would get to 'know' people...

Would you have chosen your screen name?

I wouldn't have chosen the name I have...

Well mines Jessica but I don't like to be called that so have stuck to Jessie, the "bee" is the first letter of my surname.

So which do you prefer people use when speaking to you, your real name or your geek names or don't you mind either way? Or does it depend on how well people know you?

I don't mind...but I prefer Jo as that is me...

Mercedes feels like I am being told off....!!!

well i'm just sian....but i suppose most of you guessed that....i couldnt think of a good geek name.....oh well!!!

xx

My name is Marion, but someone already had that, so I put a few letters of my surname on too. When I say it I say "Marion Ed" with the Ed like the man's name. It was funny to meet Geeks at the popits demo and the Sam Biddle seminar to find out they say it differently, like something that has happened in the past, eg "joined", so they run it all together, "Marioned".

My name is Marion, so call me that if you remember. Sometimes it can get confusing in the chatroom though, because there is also a Marian who comes in.

Some people, from when we were being a little mad one night (OK we are a little mad every night!) call me Dave, as we were all given male names. Why I can't remember.

I am Kirsty
Kirst to mates
And no.. wouldn't change my screen name.... I love it!! You can call me whatever makes u smile!! If it gets 'orrible,,, you have to buy me more vino!!! lol

Hi,

My real name is Paula. Flitch refers to a custom particular to the town in Essex where I live. It is also used in the name of my businesses, Flitch Flyers is my trampoline club and Flitch Fancies for my cake decorating business. Am thinking of Flitch Fingers for my nail business once I'm up and running.

I am Lisa, or Jim depending on whether we are doing the male name thing :lol:

Stone is my surname, hence my username, it's also what hubby calls me (amongst other things!)...

...and yes Jo, I would change it if I could to my reflect my business name. :smack:

My name is Marion, but someone already had that, so I put a few letters of my surname on too. When I say it I say "Marion Ed" with the Ed like the man's name. It was funny to meet Geeks at the popits demo and the Sam Biddle seminar to find out they say it differently, like something that has happened in the past, eg "joined", so they run it all together, "Marioned".

My name is Marion, so call me that if you remember. Sometimes it can get confusing in the chatroom though, because there is also a Marian who comes in.

Some people, from when we were being a little mad one night (OK we are a little mad every night!) call me Dave, as we were all given male names. Why I can't remember.

I think of your name as all one word..but for some reason in my head it comes out the Spanish way.... so it is Mari-own-ed....

but to me you are Dave...:lol:

Mine is Louise but i get lots of different names
Louby
Louby Lou
Loopy Lou
Long haired Lou (by a flower pot of a geek :hug:)
Lou
Louie
i usually only get Louise in the salon or if someone really wants to get my attention lol
but i dont mind any of them

my name is hayley :)

sodabubble is a username that i've used for anything and everything for about the last ten years lol :) even my mum sometimes calls me soda! but to most people i am H xx

Well my username says it all really apart from the trix bit, that came from a friend who used to call me Fifitrixiebelle! Don't know why :lol: Most people call me Fi.

I would definitely change mine, mines too boring, the only bit I like is the "Bee". I don't know what I would change it to though probably Mugui (Mogwai) from the Gremlins as it's a username I use a lot, plus we've got a chinchilla called Gizmo so it's a bit more apt.

I would definitely change mine, mines too boring, the only bit I like is the "Bee". I don't know what I would change it to though probably Mugui (Mogwai) from the Gremlins as it's a username I use a lot, plus we've got a chinchilla called Gizmo so it's a bit more apt.

well I chose Mercedes because A) it is a Spanish name and B) it is my car...
I didn't want the 69 bit at all but someone on here already had Mercedes ( who doesn't even post :mad: )

But looking at it now...I don't like it...because it doesn't feel like me...:sad:
Trouble is I'm stuck with it!!!

I use Bubbabinks cos it's my first borns nickname and I think it's kind of unusual.
It's taken from hubbies love of Star Wars and a character called Jaja Binks
http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o265/bubbabinks/Anon/jaja.jpg
and the twist on baby/bubs.

I love it as it means something to me.
I dont mind if people want to call Bubbabinks or Ria - when my family are after something I get called "Re":lol:

i love my username its a statment! lol :lol:
oh im laura by the way xxxx:hug:

My name is Tracy, nice to meet u all.
Knowing how addicted this has become, I still would have joined.
My cat's name is 'Pickles' ( u can see him in my photo). And he is the bestest ( is that a word....not) cat ever.:)

Well I'm Louise or Lou to friends.
To my friends kids I'm Aunty Weese.

Chose Loulou Mc cos I couldn't think of anything else - brain def wasn't in gear that day :lol:

Most people call me Fi.

That's not all they call you! Sorry hun, couldn't resist.:green:

Sally, but most people call me Sals. I have no imagination!

It was good to read all this thread ria.......and what a great thread it is.....

My name is Sarah-Jane.....friends and family call me Sarah or sj....i like sj !! xx

Name is Nikki

Username, very boring, my surname begins with R and I am a Mrs!

Latest posts

Back