cheeky client

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ahem...

Shall I just slag off every other culture and geographical area for good measure?

We talk about how cheeky OTHER people are - do you not all think you are a tad cheeky for slagging them off too??!

I dont see the point in using 'labels' - I have had every race, sex culture etc try to barter with me over the years! :rolleyes: Its life! Its the general public!

Sorry to say but i dont see anyone slagging anyone else off, all i see is people talking about clients been cheeky, be it asian, chinese, british etc

A woman booked in with a beautician i work with and had treatments totalling £7 and only wanted to pay £5-Same woman came in the sunbed part of wer i work wanted 9mins (which is £3) but said she only had £2-so i said why not just have 6mins (which is £2) and she kept going on and on-then it turned out she only had £1.90 so tried to get 9mins for £1.90-then she had the cheek to get her phone charger out and ask if she could plug her phone in-hahaha.

Ahem...

Shall I just slag off every other culture and geographical area for good measure?

We talk about how cheeky OTHER people are - do you not all think you are a tad cheeky for slagging them off too??!

I dont see the point in using 'labels' - I have had every race, sex culture etc try to barter with me over the years! :rolleyes: Its life! Its the general public!

Its a sometimes cheeky general public!!! I too have had cheeky people barter with me, and use all sorts of coniving tactics to get a cheap job done.

I dont think anyone here is slagging off anyone regardless of their race or whatever it may be.

I can only see a group of professional people exchanging experiences and views .:hug:

In this profession we meet people from all walks of life, all cultures, all backgrounds, all professions,all ages, and iv been in this profession for 27 years and i have to say i have also experienced most of what the other geeks have experienced regarding dealing with the sometimes cheeky general public. But i dont see any kind of 'labelling' going on.:eek:

I certainly have never discriminated against anybody.

I can see where some geeks feel they can't have a say without being picked at their every word .

Elaine xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:hug:

Last edited:
Ahem...

I know others have already commented on this, but i find this post so offensive I feel I have to stick my oar in.

Who's slagging anyone off??? Since when is it offensive to describe someone by their ethnic appearance or regional location? If I was to say that in my experience, most of my no-show clients are blonde, is this offensive to blonde women or is it just an observation?? Saying that in your experience, most clients who barter are from xx background is just stating a fact as you perceive it to be.

It really bl**dy anoys me that we live in a culture now where we are too scared to refer to someones skin colour, or cultural traits in case we are accused of being racist. I'm from Yorkshire and was not one bit offended by the post about yorkshire people, to be honest, yorkshire people are renowned for penny pinching for a good reason in my experience!

It is a fact that in asian culture, bartering when you make purchases is a normal practice, I know that some of us find it a bit strange when we get clients trying to barter, and I think that Katelisa was trying to point out that they find that Asian people tend to be the ones that barter because of this, not because they are cheeky or taking liberties.

I cringed when I read the comment that Katelisa made, not because I found it offensive, I thought it was very well written, but because she had used the "A" word I knew someone with an over developed sense of political correctness would jump all over her.

Lets keep it in perspective. Its not ofensive to describe someone by their ethnic background. It is offensive to to make derogatory comments about someone because of their ethnic background, and more to the point its offensive to accuse someone of making a racist comment when all they have done is describe their experiences by referring to someones ethnic background.

I know others have already commented on this, but i find this post so offensive I feel I have to stick my oar in.

Who's slagging anyone off??? Since when is it offensive to describe someone by their ethnic appearance or regional location? If I was to say that in my experience, most of my no-show clients are blonde, is this offensive to blonde women or is it just an observation?? Saying that in your experience, most clients who barter are from xx background is just stating a fact as you perceive it to be.

It really bl**dy anoys me that we live in a culture now where we are too scared to refer to someones skin colour, or cultural traits in case we are accused of being racist. I'm from Yorkshire and was not one bit offended by the post about yorkshire people, to be honest, yorkshire people are renowned for penny pinching for a good reason in my experience!

It is a fact that in asian culture, bartering when you make purchases is a normal practice, I know that some of us find it a bit strange when we get clients trying to barter, and I think that Katelisa was trying to point out that they find that Asian people tend to be the ones that barter because of this, not because they are cheeky or taking liberties.

I cringed when I read the comment that Katelisa made, not because I found it offensive, I thought it was very well written, but because she had used the "A" word I knew someone with an over developed sense of political correctness would jump all over her.

Lets keep it in perspective. Its not ofensive to describe someone by their ethnic background. It is offensive to to make derogatory comments about someone because of their ethnic background, and more to the point its offensive to accuse someone of making a racist comment when all they have done is describe their experiences by referring to someones ethnic background.

Well said Chelle.

I hope the person with the over developed sense of political correctness will do the decent thing and jump back on this thread to apologise for being a tad too judgemental.:rolleyes:

:hug::hug:

I tried to give you rep points but i have to spread it !!!..........which we had a clapping smiley....well said hun xxxxxxxxxxx

hi its me again the one that started this thread (SORRY FOR CAUSING WORLD WAR THREE LOL) although i do agree with what chelle and lavender blue a are saying. As im a newbie geek and that wos my first thread im bloody put off doing it again lol x only joking

And on a lighter note !!!! :eek:

Ive never had a client ask me if they can buy profesional products but i did have one client who called in one day and said she had missed her bus and could she just wait in the salon untill the next one.

The stop was 2 mins away from the salon and the busses was every half hour.

Of course me been me said yes course Mrs ***** sit down and i'll make you a cup of tea.
Of i goes to make a cuppa and when i came back in to the reception she was there at my nail desk (it was an open room/reception) couch roll on top and she had her lunch set out :eek:

I was that gob smacked i couldnt speak, thank god her bus was soon to come lmao

This is the funniest thing I've heard all day! :lol::lol::lol:

Of i goes to make a cuppa and when i came back in to the reception she was there at my nail desk (it was an open room/reception) couch roll on top and she had her lunch set out :eek:

hahahahahaha, thats amazing!

Hiya,

I can not tell you how many times i have had nail techs ask for free training and order creative products for them on the side.
UUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR NO:mad:

and the other day one of my old clients called me to ask me for some blk acrylic powder for her new nail tech.
( I moved location, 20miles away, due to family commitments)

what a cheek, I have spent £'sssssssssssss on training products etc...GO AND DO THE SAME, is my answere to all.

I even had a client bring her friend to watch me, she was on a course and wanted to start up a business...I said to her, if you want to watch you need to book an appointment and have a treatment.

jen

Good for you jenny the bloody cheeky buggers lol x

Dont you just love it when some one joins a thread and talks a load of crap like that? :eek:

Anyway... i had a client last night ring and ask 'if i get my nails done on friday, and my sister gets a spray tan can we have some discount!' When i said i didnt have any special offers on at the min she said 'well can i pay on tuesday when i get my giro' OMG!! I just said 'two mins i will check my diary... sorry i am fully booked on friday but i can book you in on tuesday' hehe!

Seaham folk... ya gotta love 'em for trying!

I was driving to a clients house one night (new one, never met her before) when I recieved a text saying 'can u pik me up 10 b&h on ur way, giv u £ wen u get ere' I just thought 'oh fab, one of those evenings!'

I ignored it and went anyway and when she asked me about it I just said, 'oh no sorry I didn't get your message, I was driving' Then she said 'are you going to pop back out and get them?'.........................Erm......how about NO?

EEH it get worse good on ya gemma. they must think we av( MUGG) written on our fore heads lol x

You have all made me laugh so much! I have only had one of my regulars ask if she can have a discount on some dermalogica products. It started because my medicated clearing gel only had 3 months left until it expired so I thought fair enough BUT then she wanted discount off her special cleansing gel and daily microfoliant as she had seen them cheaper on the internet! Is it me or has the world gone crazy???? Anyway me being the soft touch that I am said I could give her a 10% discount this once but not again. When she left I remembered that it was actually 10% off retail products with dermalogica so I hadn't lost anything anyway but what a cheek to ask in the first place! I would be too embarrassed if the show was on the other foot

I honestly dont think some people realise how cheeky they are being, they must have rhino-thick skin!!

I've been asked if I can sell liquid and powder to the client. I've also been asked to provide tips (ie advice) on application so that they can go away and do their own.

I think the cheekiest ones though are friends, more specifically friends of friends. I was out on Saturday night and one of my brothers friends asked me if I can sort her nails out for a discount. On what basis??

Cheeky beggars!!

When i had my salon - I introduced a client to some skincare - (appliying to her hand, telling her the benefits) wanted all the info and I gave her a few samples to take home

the products were French and she said 'thankyou so much - Im going to France next week so I will get them cheaper there' - I really wanted the effing samples back.

Another client I gave a sample to and she liked the product came back to me saying she had bought the said product for really cheap (cheaper than cost) on the net (before it was like what it is now) and she said 'I bet thats cheaper than what you pay for it - shall I order you some?' wanted to say - just leave - actually she sued me for a treatment that she said didnt work the way she hoped...great for your business these sorts of clients.

I also hate it when someone books quite a few things (say your there for about 3 hours) and they ask how much I will knock off... Im busy enough without discounting - but they think they are the only customer. Thing is - I always knock some off anyway as a gesture - but hate it when they just expect it.

Firstly,

hear! hear! excellent comments made on this thread, gonna go back over and give rep points!

Secondly,

have been really lucky, as haven't had anyone being really cheeky (yet!).

whenever someone does make a comment or a request that I think I'm not going to like to hear, I raise my eyebrow and set my face to 'I am NOT amused' and they usually don't finish their sentence!

I have had people try and palm off vouchers that I sent them for a particular treatment to the one that they have booked.

the cheekest thing I ever experienced was on a massage course, I had arranged the course for the tutors but was to be a student on the course, it was in a college and we had it for 6 days.
I came in one day and 2 of my fellow students were waxing each others legs! Helping themselves to the colleges property. One of the students then booked a massage with a mobile therapist in our training room!!!

well you never guess what? the client i was first telling you all about (the one wanted to buy the pot of wax of me) came in to day and booked in for a leg wax and some other bits and bobs WHY DIDNT SHE JUST DO THAT IN THE BLOODY FIRST PLACE LOL glad i startd this thread its been really entertaining ha ha xx

I have had quite a few cheeky buggers in the past! none for a few years though, but one old dear once used to get me to perm her hair, then the next perm she would say I have my own perm lotion I bought from town, being young and naive back then I knocked the price of the perm off!!! silly I know no way would I do itnow, the next few times were the same, I used to blow wave her ever week also but the final time time she had her own perm rods and lotion and said if you just wind me up and put the lotion on I'll do the rest:eek::eek::rolleyes: needless to say I stoppped going as she only paid me for the BW!
Another one I had (well I didn't really!) I used to do a ladys hair who I have known all my life (not very well mind) and her neighbour used to come and natter to her while I was there, again I used to go ever week and she had it permed and highlighted too when required, one week I went and she had had her hair highlighted VERY blonde/strawlike I was shocked and wondered who had done it for her, then Freda (her neighbour) came across and handed my a receipt from my warehouse (dennis williams) and said here you are Ruth I went to Dennis Williams and gave them your name and address because I told them I had forgotten the customer number, and bought some bleach and 40% h2o2 and a cap, I pretended I was you:mad: she bought hairspray and allsorts on my account!!! she saved me the receipt because I could claim it back on my tax!!! I was absolutly gobsmacked, what a cheek.

I have had a few cheeky clients who have their hair cut but try and 'forget' to pay for it, they just try and pay for the BW.

There is a little cul-de-sac and I do all but 2 of the bungalows peoples hair, the original lady I did there says everytime i do her hair that I should do it for free because she was the first one on the culdesac to have me and she thinks she got me the business from all the other residents there:rolleyes:

Nothing suprises me anymore!

I have had a laugh reading these posts on here:lol:

Latest posts

Back