Little things that annoy you about clients!! lol

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't like ..

clients who walk in 10 mins late then say "can you get me done quick cos i have to be somewhere"...:mad:

clients who write me a cheque saying they didn't have time to go to the cash point (2 mins down the road)...but don't stop to think that i have to find the time to go and bank their cheque....:mad:

clients who ring to say they are desperate for a appointment...so i offer them my first....they say no good i go to the gym that day...i offer my next...no good i am having coffee with my friend....I THOUGHT YOU WHERE DESPERATE !!!:mad:

clients who tense there fingers/hands....i get cramp...:mad:

clients who sit right back in the chair and i have to keep pulling then closer otherwise i am leaning right over the table...i get backache....:mad:

clients who come when they are ill and say "thought i would bring you my germs"....Yeah thanks ...NOT.....:mad:

But i have far more loves about my clients than hates......maybe we should do another list but of likes/loves to even the balance...:lol::hug:

Mine is when a client rings and you ask when they want an appointment and they say 'what about now?'. Especially when they live 30 mins away. They seem to forget I can't teleport and be there instantly.

Or the other one is when they leave a message and you call back 30 mins later and they say 'oh, I've found someone else, because I couldn't wait.'

I don't like ..

clients who walk in 10 mins late then say "can you get me done quick cos i have to be somewhere"...:mad:

clients who write me a cheque saying they didn't have time to go to the cash point (2 mins down the road)...but don't stop to think that i have to find the time to go and bank their cheque....:mad:

clients who ring to say they are desperate for a appointment...so i offer them my first....they say no good i go to the gym that day...i offer my next...no good i am having coffee with my friend....I THOUGHT YOU WHERE DESPERATE !!!:mad:

clients who tense there fingers/hands....i get cramp...:mad:

clients who sit right back in the chair and i have to keep pulling then closer otherwise i am leaning right over the table...i get backache....:mad:

clients who come when they are ill and say "thought i would bring you my germs"....Yeah thanks ...NOT.....:mad:

But i have far more loves about my clients than hates......maybe we should do another list but of likes/loves to even the balance...:lol::hug:

What a brilliant Idea!!

I agree with blossom the clients who don't relax there hands or sit with there hand on there side although you have asked them politely about ten times to relax and straighten up n you end like a contorsionist trying to do there nails or you get such a bad cramp. Although i grin and bear it i could punch a wall when they leave.
Also i have a client who will never makes an appointment for eyebrows and goes in a huff everytime she comes in n i'm in the middle of doing nails or something n can't take her!!!! She actually expects me to drop who i'm with although i've asked her umpteen times to ring before coming down to check if free to fit her in then she wouldn't need to go away in a strop all the time!!!!!!!!!

..... but is it appropriate to discuss this on an open forum where 'clients' can happily browse the posts to see what their therapists and technicians think of them.

Just a thought :eek:

Mike

as long as there is no identifying data then I think it's actually not a bad thing that clients get a chance to see it from their therapist's point of view.

..... but is it appropriate to discuss this on an open forum where 'clients' can happily browse the posts to see what their therapists and technicians think of them.

Mike

as has been said before, no one is naming or shaming on here, and it might make any of us,think about how we are as actual clients too, say if you do nails but then visit a hair salon etc etc
or you are a waxer but go to get your nails done as you dont do nails yourself,

and there is also a lovely thread going too abouot what we love about our clients

cest la vie!:hug:

Mike
Yes I think it is,
So far from what I have read, nobody has been offensive...If a client pops on here maybe it will help them to see through the eye's of their tech
If I read on a dentist forum how they hate the way patients always ask "you won't hurt me will you?" " errrrr well I am going to pull your tooth out at the root...so probably yeah" ..
I would probably giggle !!!!

Clients who mess with their nails while you try to do them, I once had one stick the nail tip to her lip :eek: because she put her nail against it when the adhesive was still wet.
This one wont mind me mentioning it because she is family lol

clients that are checking there watch every 5 mins when your only doing the prep

clients that put there fingers in there mouth when i have just applied scrubfresh so i have to do it again .

clients that want something for nothing

Speaking on behalf of clients, I have to defend the whole 'clients who tense their fingers' thing. I personally do this as I have sensitive fingers and to relax my fingers would probably be like torture (you seem to feel things more). How I see it is I am paying for this service with my hard earnt cash so why should I be uncomfortable? But I cant fault you for moaning about people being late etc as that is just rude. xx

Ok what about the ones who look at the nails like there studying it every so often like there checking up on how your doing like there holding it up and looking when you have put on a tip cut it down but not yet shaped it. Whats the point in staring when its not going to stay like that.aaaaaahhhhh!!! And that wont sit straight. When you get a hairdressing client they seem to be a lot more co operative than a nail one i dont no why.....?xx Oh and i love it when there realy pleased and say people have been complimnenting my hair/nails. They seem realy greatful and happy!!!:hug:

when i spend half a hour on there hair cutting blowing products then they stick my work in a bobble no shows either they dont phone or dont answer door when iv spent half a hour travelling to them and answering there phone i switch mine to silent and then call them bk after the service so why cant they it wouldnt look professional if we did that while with client

2 things annoy me
  1. They think they are your mother
  2. They think they are your only client.

No shows! - especially when you have turned away other clients - and we text all of our clients an appointment reminder the day before :irked:

For me it's dirty nails or nails caked in layers of old chipped polish :irked: You just know they're not going to look after their enhancements before you even start, sooo depressing !

Also what i call non-existant extensions, when the client wants really really short extensions, drives me nuts ! They're called "extensions" not "add a microscopic amount of length to your nails" lol

Oh, oh and the ones that backseat drive :mad:, you know question everything your doing and say oh you haven't done such and such when your not even at that stage yet....

AAHHhhh
feel better now

Clients who assume that I'm a hair stylist too.

Clients who assume they know your job better than you do!!!!!! Make me so mad!! When they start telling me how to do this or that or their last therapist didnt do this or that... it takes every ounce not to lose my temper so i just smile sweetly, "dear, my dear, i have invested four years of training, I know what i am doing. I use good quality products. You are paying me to do a service, so why dont you just relax, enjoy the experience and i can happily do my job i am trained to do" and give them the biggest smile ever (I know they are probably thinking - sarcastic bitch!!):mad:

However i am always giving them advice, look after their nails, skin before and aftercare regarding spray tans and eyelash extensions etc.. do they follow them, do they heck???!!:rolleyes:

i love my clients but i sometimes dont love there kids that they bring with them to an appointment lol. some of my clients have lovely kids that will sit there with a toy or book quietly, but then there are some that have devil kids that run around, screeming, touching things on my desk (arghhh) or going behind the counter touching the till buttons!! :irked:

My cousin constantly keeps checking her nails every step to see if she can find something to complain about. She always bites and picks at them when they are done then complains they are chipping. She rips them off instead of getting them soaked off then tells everyone i really damaged her nails!!! She tells me what i'm doing wrong even though she is not qualified. She tells her friends to tell me they know her and i'll give them a discount! When did i say that? GRRRRRRR!!

Latest posts

Back