Uniforms hot stuff or naff

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uniform naff or hot stuff

• Yep a must for a professional look

Votes: 601 87.7%
  • Nope not for me

Votes: 67 9.8%
  • Uniform is only for soldiers

Votes: 17 2.5%

• Total voters
At the mo I wear my beauty therapist white uniform with black trousers. I would much rather wear a uniform as I think it looks more professional. Im want to get a new funky uniform I have seen some I like in florence roby and buttercups just got to decide which one!! lol I want to get a badge made up with my salon name on it too. :D

I've got a white top with Chinese style fastening from Daisy Chain. Everyone tells me it looks really professional. When my friends come over for me to practise I wear it with smart black trousers and they all comment on how professional I look.

I had a friend over to practise on - she is training to be a beauty therapist - she bought her kids with her and when I opened the door they turned to their mum and said "Mummy, is she more professional than you?" when asked why they asked they said that I looked more professional than she did!! Ha ha - but it shows that if what you wear makes that much of an impression on kids what do your other clients think?

I'd like to wear 3/4 length trews to make it look a bit more relaxed but at 5'8" they just make me look I've bought trousers that are too small! - Not a good look LOL!

B

talented talons said:
Hi Shaza, could you let me know where you got your lilac uniform from please, i personally don't like white. Never thought of black as i thought it would show up the dust more, but a different colour does interest me.

Thanks for help
:D

Funnily enough I don't wear purple - although I would love to but then I would be camouflaged against the salon walls.

I wear White Java top with black or sometimes purple trews - ok ok often purple trews

Most stockist are starting to do diffrent colours check out the lilac in Buttercups brochure it loooooooovely.

In my next salon I am going for the minimalist look so white walls - so I can wear purple and lilac all day every day arrrrhhh bliss. :biggrin: :biggrin:

Jo xxx

Hey Jo, you don`t have to wait until you have your next salon, although I can`t see that being far off the way your first has taken off.
Why not just repaint the walls white, then you can wear your purple that you`re sooooooooo obsessed with, lol

i love the mandarin style tunics for uniform they look great and are very flattering. The salon im in now has quite a funky edge to it and we wear combats and t shirts... However... for those of us which have the sunbeds going full blast, and after saturday which was boiling, i think i had better get down to weight watchers as a bikini woukd be the most comfortable option over the summer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hi

i hate whites i wear black or white cropped trousers & black or white smart t shirt most clients feel more comfuy when not all dressed up in whites smart but casual thats what i think

Nailsinlondon1 said:
Thought about a new Topic. :idea:

The importance of your appearance at work. 8)
What do you all wear for work :?:

We work in a Salon so to us this is important. :!: :!: :!:

We wear white T-shirt's, white trousers , little white zipper hooded jackets, not beautician stuff but clean and crisp looking. :thumbsup:
We have our Logo on the Back of our little white Jackets, hey you never know who is watching your back.
I feel it gives over the message, I am a professional :huh: and I know my stuff :sunny:
Ok over to you all
love Ruth xxxx
I hate whites, i wear in summer black/white cropped trousers black/white smart t shirt, in the winter long black trousers smart black/white top

i had my own t-shirts done for the salon but to be honest prefer to go more casual, my clients always say they feel more comfortable when i am not in uniform. my clothes are an extension to my personality i think! i always feel so restricted in whites!

In our spa, we have to wear black pants, black shoes, and either a navy blue smock with 3/4 sleeves, or a company polo shirt w/ logo. I think it's extremely professional to wear uniforms. But we usually end up looking like we work in a funeral home with all the black!! I get my hair done in a salon that has their staff wear anything as long as it's black, and/or white, and/or gray. Choosing a color scheme for everyone to pick from let's your staff be free to dress in their own unique way, as long as it's professional, clean, and not skanky!!
Diya

I must say i do love uniforms, i always fell i'm on profesional hands whenever i go to have my waxing or hair done and they wear uniforms. I still don't have a salon but if i did i would defenetly wear a white polo shirt withlogo (cause the filing dust shows way to much on colors) and probaly some colored trousers (perhaps matching the logo) to make it a little bi happyer :)

I agree...wearing a uniform shows professionalism. It looks nice if everyone is wearing the same. I think it is just as important to wear a uniform if you are working mobile and from home quarters.

I have two uniform as i'm mobile. black tunic and trouser (easier to keep clean as i'm so clumbsy) and my new idea. I use white polo style t shirts, i airbrush them and it enables me to display any new airbrush tatoo designs. It works great as clients can see the new templates, it also gives them some ideas as to the size of the tatoos

I'm a mobile tech and used to wear smart white jeans with a pink and white tight t-shirt...then I got pregnant!!

I'd love to be able to wear a 'uniform' still but I can't find any companies that do maternity wear! I'm now just wearing my black maternity trousers and a nice t-shirt with black flip flop/sandal type things to show off my toe nail art!

Anyone else have the same problem in pregnancy, whether in a salon or mobile??

Claireamy xxxxx

detail

Hi Everyone, I wear Black trousers and skinny tees with 'I DO NAILS'
on them, Its really comfortable and professional looking i think, what do u guys think?

Each day, i wear denim jeans, flat shoes and cumfy strech like material tops. I feel its very important to be comfortable in what you are wearing, considering you are sitting at a desk all day.

Also, being a mobile tech, flat, cumfy shoes are a must. Carting equipment in and out of my car and clients homes demands durable clothes!!!!!

I personaly like to express myself through my clothing and feel constricted in a uniform.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxooooooooooooooooooooooo

i have voted 'nope not for me' BUT thats because at the moment i am working from home and like the idea of it being quite casual and i am not often booked back to back which means me changing all the time, but if i ever had my own premises i would definately wear a uniform.

I love wearing my uniform,that's when i know i am working !
It can also be a fab way of advertising,if i have my uniform on when i do the nursery run,people always ask for a price list,funily enough i carry them in my hand bag lol !

im looking for a new uniform.

My Creative white top is nice and summery but its gone 'chewing gum grey ish' my fault probably !

And the black mandarin tops are too damn hot at the mo.

I fancy a nice HOT PINK t shirt with some diamontes on it with my logo or something ! cant find what i want though so......still hot in the black tunic !

amb xxx

I voted yes to a uniform.

I wear a black tunic and black cropped trousers.

Like the sound of the hot pink one though!!!!:lol:

Like to wear a uniform - and clients prefer it :green:

Latest posts

Back