First reviews of SHELLAC from CND

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just wanted to add was over three weeks snce first did my mam's nails, still flawless, bar the cuticle growth, delighted!!!

note to self must salon geek more often...sounds EXCITING and i wanna try it RIGHT NOW !:wink2:

Well I've had my shellac on two weeks today ..Apart from slicing off some colour with my serrated very sharp bread knife on one (redid that one), and then using a strong tint on another as an experiment for another geek to see if it stained the Shellac (so redid that one) .. The ones that haven't had accidents or been used in experimentation look the same as day one.

I do however have 2mm of regrowth. I won't be removing and reapplying Shellac today because I'm flying so will do it in the office this week BUT it is worth noting that if you leave Shellac on your nails for 4 weeks or so, it will take longer to soak off which is why CND recommend every 2 or 3 weeks.

It is also worth noting that I have not broken one of my natural nails in two weeks which is unheard of for me once I have removed enhancements (and believe me I have given them no mercy ... I HAVE BEEN VERY BUSY AND MADE NO ALLOWANCES. I never wear gloves or protect them in any way .. just Solar Oil every day as normal.

I am more than impressed. It applies better smoother and easier than any coloured gel I have ever used or any polish I have ever used for that matter ... It covers beautifully in 2 thin coats and a real bonus for me is that I have ridgy nails (celery stick) and it completely smooths out the look which has never happened with polish unless I use two or more coats of ridge filler before applying. Shellac rocks and rules and there is not a technician that will not love it or the peeps it brings through the door.

Hi all,

Will I be able to purchase Shellac? I am still at college and have not qualified in Nail Tech yet. However I have qualified in my Man/Ped course? Also, I am doing a Silk course and not a L&P.

I'm sorry if I am asking an obvious question, but atm, i'm getting a bit confused. :o I have read the Shellac and done searches on Shellac, but I can't seem to find an answer to this question.

Hi all,

Will I be able to purchase Shellac? I am still at college and have not qualified in Nail Tech yet. However I have qualified in my Man/Ped course? Also, I am doing a Silk course and not a L&P.

I'm sorry if I am asking an obvious question, but atm, I'm getting a bit confused. :o I have read the Shellac and done searches on Shellac, but I can't seem to find an answer to this question.

Hi there

If you have a manicure qualification and are confident in your polish application you should be fine, however with any new product I would always recommend a course. This way you get the very best from your product.

I am sure cnd will be doing a course on shellac, there training is really good, and usually free with the purchase of a kit! Fab!

Please note I don't work for sweet squared so there may be a charge for the course.

For the best info contact s2 directly. 0845 210 6060
or contact them here:
Contact Us

Hi there

If you have a manicure qualification and are confident in your polish application you should be fine, however with any new product I would always recommend a course. This way you get the very best from your product.

I am sure cnd will be doing a course on shellac, there training is really good, and usually free with the purchase of a kit! Fab!

Please note I don't work for sweet squared so there may be a charge for the course.

or contact them here:
Contact Us

You are right Tracey ... classes will be free with the kit purchase. The class will cover the new science behind Shellac and let me stress the science behnd the product IS completely new. It is necessary in my opinion to understand how a product works to get the absolute best out of it. I hate using anything I don't completely understand from top to bottom.

Anything that will claim to be like Shellac ISN'T. Shellac like all CND products was conceived by CND and innovated in the huge CND laboratories and as usual will lead the way. It is patent pending and will out perform anything in the same genre (except there is nothing in the same genre:D). Also like other CND products its safety has been tested over 5 years in the making ... 3 free, hypoallergenic and so easy to use.

Hi there

or contact them here:
Contact Us

I'm getting my kit from the Fingertips Centre, my local CND distributor. Training is included with the purhase of a kit.

I will be ordering a store rack for my salon. All the courses etc I have seen have been either up North or Bournemouth. Anything going on in London?

Im so looking forward to Shellac, even my clients are looking forward to it...and thats great in itself to get them all excited about new things.

However I also struggle being in the south east, all the training seems to be up north.
I looked for Minx traning but nothing about, but worked it out in the end....but would really like to go to a course for the shellac, so if there i anything down this way please let me know..:)

I will be ordering a store rack for my salon. All the courses etc I have seen have been either up North or Bournemouth. Anything going on in London?

I would imagine that the London educators will be doing training after the Event.

yes Londons first day for Shellac training will be 12th May. x

Last edited:
I won't be removing and reapplying Shellac today because I'm flying so will do it in the office this week BUT it is worth noting that if you leave Shellac on your nails for 4 weeks or so, it will take longer to soak off which is why CND recommend every 2 or 3 weeks
Geeg - Are you saying that the longer you have Shellac on, the longer it will take to soak off? I would have thought it would soak off even eaiser if it was on longer.:confused: :hug:

Well that is not how the chemistry works! Shellac is designed to be on for two weeks and to be removed. The longer it is on the stronger the bond and the harder it is to remove as I said. New science equals new rules.
How much longer to folks expect a colour to last perfectly? Lol

Well that is not how the chemistry works! Shellac is designed to be on for two weeks and to be removed. The longer it is on the stronger the bond and the harder it is to remove as I said. New science equals new rules.
How much longer to folks expect a colour to last perfectly? Lol

Thanks for the clarification Geeg!

My clients expect their colour to last forever lol!:biggrin: :hug:

I have an ezrlow 32watt lamp, will this be sufficient or do i need to purchase a brisa

Hi, I have just enquired and got recommended treatment prices for Shellac from Sweet Squared, I was just wondering would you do this treatment only as part of a manicure or would you also do it as a file and polish? Just so I can work out some prices. Thanks x

Hi, I have just enquired and got recommended treatment prices for Shellac from Sweet Squared, I was just wondering would you do this treatment only as part of a manicure or would you also do it as a file and polish? Just so I can work out some prices. Thanks x

You'll have to do cuticle work, filing, and then of course, painting. But you will definitely have to do the filing and cuticle work if nothing else..

How any of you approach your treatments is up to you.

I would be offering just a Shellac manicure ... which would include shaping, removal of any cuticle from the nail surface with CND Cuticle Remover, cleanse with Scrubfresh and then Shellac.

You also need to make a price for just adding Shellac after any other service, be it a SpaManicure, enhancements, a Pedicure etc.

Just to be clear, you NEVER need to remove the surface shine from natural nails before applying Shellac and you NEVER need to buff Shellac before you remove it.

How any of you approach your treatments is up to you.

I would be offering just a Shellac manicure ... which would include shaping, removal of any cuticle from the nail surface with CND Cuticle Remover, cleanse with Scrubfresh and then Shellac.

You also need to make a price for just adding Shellac after any other service, be it a SpaManicure, enhancements, a Pedicure etc.

Just to be clear, you NEVER need to remove the surface shine from natural nails before applying Shellac and you NEVER need to buff Shellac before you remove it.

Could you apply Shellac after water manicure or pedicure? Or is it best to do a waterless mani or pedi?

Could you apply Shellac after water manicure or pedicure? Or is it best to do a waterless mani or pedi?

You should shape nails, do cuticle work & apply Shellac, then do your mani or pedi as normal, hth x

Latest posts

Back