Shellac from CND

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have been saving all my Q's up for the event, but now just trying to do a little marketing, to get some clients interested prior to launch, and I phoned S2 this morning and had a chat with them about it, but I am very interested to to know from anyone who has tried it, whether Shellac will be suitable for use over freshly Spa Manicured nails?

I never find the adhesion from other systems (L&P, Bio, Brisa etc) as great over over freshly spa manicured nails as they are so lovely and moisturised (even surface dehydrated)...and I do get more lifting, so I tend to keep the services as seperate, but if Shellac can be used immedaitely after Spa Mani (or Pedi) then its already a winner in my books!

I always apply the enhancements/overlay first, then do the routine for a spa manicure/spa pedicure, but omit the fingernail/toenail work as I'bve already done all that with my application precudure iykwim Lyndsay xxx

I never find the adhesion from other systems (L&P, Bio, Brisa etc) as great over over freshly spa manicured nails as they are so lovely and moisturised (even surface dehydrated)...and I do get more lifting, so I tend to keep the services as seperate, but if Shellac can be used immedaitely after Spa Mani (or Pedi) then its already a winner in my books!

The advice is to complete your nail service first, prep and apply Shellac, then complete your Spa Service. This should overcome any lifting issues and leave your client feeling very pampered :biggrin:

The ONLY reason we have Shellac in Ireland now, is because CND have allowed Countries that have Events or Trade Shows scheduled before the Global Launch May 1st, to show the product, as they know that lots of our Customers attend these ,and it is the only opportunity that we may have all year.
Each Country may include some or all colours,may include lamp or no lamp etc etc.
You need to contact your Distributor for these details.
We have included other items that are not readily available here in our kits,such as D-solve,Colour Pops etc.
I hope this clears up a few things.

I phoned CND Ireland yesterday and was told it wouldn't be in until next month?

I phoned CND Ireland yesterday and was told it wouldn't be in until next month?

It IS in Ireland now, but due to popular demand there is a waiting list for it.

It's worth the wait!!!:wink2:

The advice is to complete your nail service first, prep and apply Shellac, then complete your Spa Service. This should overcome any lifting issues and leave your client feeling very pampered :biggrin:

So are you saying prep apply shellac first and THEN, exfoliate, mask, massage and so on?

Hi can't wait already got prices for shellac,lamp and dashing diva so hurry up the 4th of may so I can order :biggrin:

Can I ask what Dashing diva is ?

Here you go Angela...I'm sure someone will describe it better than me, but it's essentially an easy application, pre-styled, french white smile, for use with traditional polish french mani's or under under enhancements....to my knowledge!

FRENCH WRAP MANICURE

Thanks Lyndsay you are a star xxxxx

I want to know if it goes on Acrylic nails! like the brisa finishing gloss!The normal brisa comes off!! I have a few clients that need the length with the acrylic but really want this to go over the top!! ????:lick:

Sorry you impatient 'Shellac Geeks' but I've now got Shellac Fedora on my nails!! I've tried the red (name????) and taken it off to see how that bit works. Now I've got my favourite colour. (I try but I just can't 'do' anything other than dark on my fingers)

Works like a dream!!! For those going to The Event, I'm going to keep this on until then to see how it looks after 2 weeks! BTW my nails are natural and quite long at the moment so a good test (plus I never wear gloves :o)

I'm not sure if anyone will know the answer to this question as Shellac is so new. I will ask when I go for the training in 17 days, not that I'm counting.

I have a friend of a client interested in Shellac. She has breast cancer and it is very advanced. I'm not sure of her treatment. She is either undergoing treatment or taking medication to make her comfortable.

I have read L&P and gel will not last long on clients undergoing this type of treatment. Does anyone know how Shellac will last?

I have said it will be very easy to remove if needed if she has to go into hospital.

I would say that it will be utterly impossible to say that, hun. Chemo and Radiotherapy affect everyone's bodies in very different ways, and also depends on exactly what protocol she is on. Some people undergoing treatment can wear enhancements no problem, others not. Even polish doesn't last at all on some because nails can go very flaky. The body, skin, hair, nails...all react in our own ways and not in a way that anyone can predict.

To try it would probably be the only way and I personally, would probably only try it, if I got the OK from her oncologist to do so.....I'd still be concerned about removal as it is still a professional removal as opposed to a quick wipe with polish remover, and I'm guessing you aren't going be by her side 100% of the time, in case she's taken in in an emergency.

As an aside, I really hope she gets better soon. x

I would say that it will be utterly impossible to say that, hun. Chemo and Radiotherapy affect everyone's bodies in very different ways, and also depends on exactly what protocol she is on. Some people undergoing treatment can wear enhancements no problem, others not. Even polish doesn't last at all on some because nails can go very flaky. The body, skin, hair, nails...all react in our own ways and not in a way that anyone can predict.

To try it would probably be the only way and I personally, would probably only try it, if I got the OK from her oncologist to do so.....I'd still be concerned about removal as it is still a professional removal as opposed to a quick wipe with polish remover, and I'm guessing you aren't going be by her side 100% of the time, in case she's taken in in an emergency.

As an aside, I really hope she gets better soon. x

Thanks for the reply.

I only said it would be easy to remove based on the nail wraps removing Shellac in minutes.

I will get her to get the OK from the Doc and try it. I will have a good check of her nails and if there is flaking present I won't do the treatment.

I want to know if it goes on Acrylic nails! like the brisa finishing gloss!The normal brisa comes off!! I have a few clients that need the length with the acrylic but really want this to go over the top!! ????:lick:

it should not be coming off at all! Revise your application - ie surface of the finished acrylic nail should be a bit rough, and no scrubfresh before applying finishing gloss.

Please read Geegs post below that Shellac could be applied over natural nails,
l&p,gels.

Hope this helps ;)

Count down is on - and its getting closer) I have seen in, touched it on my mentors nails and I have to tell you, that i cant wait till i get my hands on it:D Wish there were 2 of me to double the excitement lol:o

My boss is going to the Vegas show and pick up some shellac! :) Now...here's the kicker....

The lamps are not going to be in until mid to late June here, and I don't have a Brisa lamp. I do have a small lamp from LeChat (9 watt single bulb). I also have the IBD Jet 1000 32 watt. We did put in our order for the Shellac lamp so we will have it eventually. I'm just wondering how I might need to adjust my cure time for the Ibd lamp? Mainly just to play in the spa before we get the real lamp...Not to use on clients, but just me and the staff.... what would you say?

Also, what's the recommended way of doing the French with Shellac to clean up the smile line? I love doing French, and usually just use polish remover on a paint brush to clean it.

Also, if I saw correctly, you don't cleanse until you've cured the topcoat? Won't there be some color residue that would come onto the top coat brush?

My boss is going to the Vegas show and pick up some shellac! :) Now...here's the kicker....

The lamps are not going to be in until mid to late June here, and I don't have a Brisa lamp. I do have a small lamp from LeChat (9 watt single bulb). I also have the IBD Jet 1000 32 watt. We did put in our order for the Shellac lamp so we will have it eventually. I'm just wondering how I might need to adjust my cure time for the Ibd lamp? Mainly just to play in the spa before we get the real lamp...Not to use on clients, but just me and the staff.... what would you say?

Also, what's the recommended way of doing the French with Shellac to clean up the smile line? I love doing French, and usually just use polish remover on a paint brush to clean it.

Also, if I saw correctly, you don't cleanse until you've cured the topcoat? Won't there be some color residue that would come onto the top coat brush?

Hi,

I asked this question aswell wondering if the nailfresh tip would work on this and Mrs O kindly responded telling me to do the following

Base coat- cure
Cream puff very thinly- backbrush with a clean dry gel brush if you need to sharpen smile line- cure
Negligee or Romantique-cure
Cream puff thinly again-cure
Top Coat- cure
Wipe with Iso Alcohol
I would not be inclined to use anything but a clean brush to tidy smile line.
Scrubfresh or nailfresh are great with L&P but with Shellac being so" light"
i would be afraid you might see a mark.
It is so new to us ,we have not had feedback on this as yet,but the above works really well.
The topcoat smooths out any slight dips you may get from backbrushing.
Hope this helps for fab smile lines!

Thanks Mrs O

Does anyone go to these things on there own? I would love to go but don't want to go on my own, does anyone drag the other half along with them!!!:o

Latest posts

Back