Site Updates

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Geek

Grand Master Geek
Premium Geek
Reaction score
Apologies for the unannounced closure this morning. I had to upgrade the site to apply security and maintenance patches. As such, I had to re-work certain areas of the site which translated into longer downtime then I originally envisioned.

For the most part, the current rounds of updates have been completed :)

Here is an overview of the updates:

Style

I created a new professional style in 2 different widths: Fixed width and fluid. The default is the fixed width professional style. The fluid version allows the width of the site to fill your browser (for larger screens and less scrolling). I have also done the same thing for the old blue style.

To change between the professional or blue styles, edit your options or use the quick style selector at the bottom of the page.

I have brought back the reputation system, however for the time being I have disabled the ability to give negative reputation points (except for the moderators). I have also tweaked the system to display the person who LEFT positive or neutral reputation points.

There may still be some issues with the updates as these types of updates are really massive. Just be patient and give us a shout if you are coming across any woes.

nJoy

wow the reps are back, thanks Sam:)

Thank you Sam.

I have a serious problem with geek addiction.........I was at a loss as to what to do while the geek was down.:irked:
Yeahhhh, the reps back:Love:, I can't believe how much I missed it.

Ooh the site is going the same way my bottom is..... WIDER!!

Thanks Sam

Thanks Sam you fab and groovy fella, you! :hug:

Waaaaay heeeeey!

Goooooooo on then Sam!

Oops! sorry turned into a footie hooligan for a moment there! :o

Apologies for the unannounced closure this morning.
'tis ok Sam, I was at work anyway LOL

I like the new 'wide' style, it matches my hips :lol: (we're too alike Rach lol)

good man - like the new w i d e look:green:

o0h goody rep back and we have grown ....

I thorght I'd broke salon geek this morning glad its back xx

WOO HOO!!...rep is back!!!

THANK YOU Sam!!!

Widescreen is pretty cool too!!!

Thanks Sam for bringing the reps back maybe I'll get some more now from geeks for my posts !!! :hug: Thought I'd altered the page, lol to wide screen glad you mentioned it as was going to get hubby to sort it!! :)

Ta-dha luv! feel I can inhale properly now!
ang:)

Whew..I missed that one. Sure glad I sleep when you guys are awake, I didn't have to suffer the downtime..:wink2:
Everythings working so far.

Thank you so much for returning the reps! And I actually got some housework done today so thanks for that too!

Oh you know how to cheer us all up Sam - THANKS!

Three cheers for SAM
HIP HIP
HIP HIP
HIP HIP

YAYAYAYAYAYYYYYYYYY
:green:
WE GOT OUR REPS BACK
thankyou sam , you are a little star
:hug:​

Gawd wish I had seen this post earlier lmfao I though whats wrong with my pc geek is like 10 times wider duh :irked: Thanks for giving us our reps back xxxxxxx

Latest posts

Back