~*~The Official X Factor 2008 Thread~*~

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I won't be picking up the phone either.

The last time I voted was many moons ago & I voted for Journey South, who came 3rd. Think that was the year Shayne Ward won. Now, what's happened to him?

OOh Journey South switched on the christmas lights locally here this year.....says it all really :eek:

Last edited:
OOh Journey South switched on the christmas lights locally here this year.....says it all really ;eek:

I have both their albums & saw them in concert last year (or maybe it was the year before).

Even my 3yr old likes their music :green:

OK I am watching...but I am definitely underwhelmed.....leave it to the finalists I say!!

Boyzone totally overpowered and Ronan outsang wee Owen (sp)....

JLS the surprise act of the night...they have been brilliant!!

even with Westlife their main snger really held his own......I could be a fan now..and may even vote!!........still have Rachel & Vincent from SCD on redial though!!!

Alexandra........love her.......but I am not a big Beyonce fan...should that make a difference ??

Someone blow up the stage quick before they have the chance to escape!!

OK I am wathing...but I am definitely underwhelmed.....leave it to the finalists I say!!

Boyzone totally overpowered and Ronan outsang wee Owen (sp)....

JLS the surprise act of the night...they have been brilliant!!
even with Westlife their main snger really held his own......I could be a fan now..and may even vote!!........still have Rachel & Vincent from SCD on redial though!!!

Alexandra........love her.......but I am not a big Beyonce fan...should that make a difference though??

I've never really been a Beyonce fan but her performance with Alexandra was ace (oh and put in a vote for Rachel & Vincent for me cos I can't vote from here!).

I really think it will be a close one between JLS and Alex ... but then the waistcoat has the Irish vote and you should never discount that!

Well, after listening to the auditionees murdering some Abba song, it makes you realise that Eggnog is not that bad after all. he's still not my cup of char though.

The best bit so far for me has been Westlife. Now they've started shaving they're quite mmmm mmmm mmmm.

Alexandra is head and shoulders above the other two acts, which hasn't counted for much in the contest so far. She 'Should' win if talent has anything to do with it but, whether she does or not, is another matter.

ALEXANDRA TO WIN!!

For me personally, Alexandra just put in the winning performance (although the blubbering was a bit cringeworthy).
Posted via Mobile Device

OK you may not agree but EuogkjdshnflirdfjnmgiorXYZ (Owen) is cheating as far as I'm concerned. Using a massive crew of singers and dancer to perform HSM song which most kids & teenagers love to get votes!! You cant even hear him or see him!! I really cant stand this kid he make me wanna chunder!! I hated Diana but would rather have her than him with his huge hair and weird grin. Sorry about that, not sure where that came from LOL

Sorry folks...but I have just noticed that Movies24 is showing 'The Temptations part 1' the biopic of the legendary soul group....so I am off to watch this....the best male vocal group EVER!!! ....eat your heart out JLS!!!

Will check in later for the results.

Sass.....consider Rachel & Vincent voted for....their Argentine Tango was awesome and their American smooth.....sublime!!

OK you may not agree but EuogkjdshnflirdfjnmgiorXYZ (Owen) is cheating as far as I'm concerned. Using a massive crew of singers and dancer to perform HSM song which most kids & teenagers love to get votes!! You cant even hear him or see him!! I really cant stand this kid he make me wanna chunder!! I hated Diana but would rather have her than him with his huge hair and weird grin. Sorry about that, not sure where that came from LOL

Even I love that song, & I'm in my 30's. Up until this week the song title was even in my sig link.

Eggnog does not do that song justice.

Even I love that song, & I'm in my 30's. Up until this week the song title was even in my sig link.

Eggnog does not do that song justice.

:lol::lol::lol:

Oh JLS to win, I love Alexandra as well but I thought if I was gonna buy a cd of either of theirs it would be JLS for sure.

Maybe Owen will get a job on the Disney channel! :lol::lol::lol:

Changing the subject slightly, but I'm now watching The Girls Aloud Party. Seriously think that Nicola needs to go see a spray tan tech.

I don't think that's particularly nice to be honest. My daughter is a red head with very pale skin. I have just removed her from a very good private school because of (amongst other things) bullying over her hair colour BY TEACHING STAFF. Earlier this year a young girl was in the papers having attempted suicide after bullying over her hair colour. Nicola has also made public the fact that she has suffered in this way. Until recently she hid behind spray tans and has only recently had the confidence to be proud of her colouring. I don't think either her or any other pale skinned girls would be particularly grateful for 'amusing asides' like yours.

I'm sorry if I caused offence. I never said anything about Nicola's hair colour, which doesn't bother me at all. I have a very good friend with very ginger hair & I have on many occasions had red hair myself.

My own skin is also very pale & I have had the mick taken myself because of it.

Sometimes things are said in forums in a non-seroius context and should be taken as that without any malice intended.

Are you going to critisise anyone else for their unkind comments? I'm certainly not the only one to have said something that might not meet with everyones approval!

If I happen to read them, then yes probably.

I've never really been a Beyonce fan but her performance with Alexandra was ace (oh and put in a vote for Rachel & Vincent for me cos I can't vote from here!).

I really think it will be a close one between JLS and Alex ... but then the waistcoat has the Irish vote and you should never discount that!

What do you mean sassy Hassy that the (I would not repeat your ignorance) has the Irish vote. Sure you don't live here, hence you pay no taxes here so what do you mean Discount that!!!!

Changing the subject slightly, but I'm now watching The Girls Aloud Party. Seriously think that Nicola needs to go see a spray tan tech.

I take exeption to your comments and think you need to apologize for your ignorance. Thank-you.

Latest posts

Back