~*~The Official X Factor 2008 Thread~*~

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rachel - completely lost her personality ... struggling with all the songs she gets. She has an Amy Wine house style ... so should stick to it. Confused woman...

Owen (sp) - he's ok, there is still more potential there and he's cute

Ruth - She wants it and is a fighter. Good singer - a real woman

Laura - I cant cope with the shouting and I dont understand what she sings AND her tongue needs cleaning; its black.

JLS - Professional and and can sing. 3 out of the 4 are good, one of them needs improving

Daniel - god knows what he's doing there...His teeth looks good.

Alexandra - a true winner - needs to chill out and enjoy it a bit more

Diana Vickers - if you like Katie Melua, you will like her. I don't..

Saying all that, I can't sing ONE note in key!

Last edited:
it is all not about the singing, as someone said, louis said ruth sang like in a bar at benidrom yet kept her in over laura. it just all seems ridiculous. and how off key was rahcel yet NOONE SAID ANYTHING!!!

words defy me

why either two were in the sing off is beyond me and I am seriously considering not watching it again, its a joke!

In an impossible situation I do think the judges made the right decision to keep Ruth in cos her sing off was totally awesome, but Laura was my favourite from day one and I'm gutted.

words defy me

why either two were in the sing off is beyond me and I am seriously considering not watching it again, its a joke!

In an impossible situation I do think the judges made the right decision to keep Ruth in cos her sing off was totally awesome, but Laura was my favourite from day one and I'm gutted.
I totally agree with what you say about Ruth, if she could sing as well as she does in her sing-offs on her main performance she'll have a much better chance of winning (that's taken from the standpoint that this was about singing abilities!!)

Gutted Diana Vickers wasnt there tonight. I only watch to see her. Don't like any of the others anymore.

Diana has my vote.

makes you wonder that if the contenstants had more of a input with there song choise then they could sing better as the sing offs are the contestants own song choice!!!!

Well I'm passed wishing Daniel off the show cos it's just not happening but why god-awful Rachel even got past audition stage is beyond me.

I have calmed down a bit now! I still really hate Louis even more than Lulu....Thats a whole new thread!!

Well here I go again.

Here is my verdict in order of Best to Worst:
Ruth - Sing off song was outstanding!! I love her and think she thought she was going
Laura - ROBBED!! but will do better being out of the competition Love her too
Alex - Really good but think she can do better
JLS - ??? good but not winners in my eyes
Rachel - OMG I used to love her but the tantrums are annoying me and someone needs to remind her that she can get voted out any time. Also she made a mistake going it alone. If I were Danni I would have said "NO!! I am your mentor you wouldnt be here without me and I will choose!!"
Owen (spelt Eughzxnfksi) - GET LOST!
Daniel - nice man but shouldnt have been there to start with
Diana - GOD KNOWS!! should have been out tonight

The only reason I will watch in future is so I can come here and join in LOL!!

What will we discuss when it ends???

Louis needs sacking, he has no interest in the acts, he just wants camera time

p.s OMG how out of tune was Rachel?!!

Stephen (the 6th Judge):lol::lol::lol:

Not sure why the video isnt working but the link above takes you to it. I'm thinking it might be that I'm not a premium geek yet.

Last edited:
it just seems that at the auditions the acts are great then the moment the mentors get their hands on them they transform them into something they are not. the song choices are never good. and like someone said when the acts do their sing off with a song of their choice it is always so much better and great to watch.
sick of the x factor now its loosing its touch.
x

Did anyone see the Peter Kay spoof the other week? Geraldine singing at the piano, the kid with the sob story... I was beginning to thing Peter Kay was producing the X Factor last night!

It certainly wasn't the right two in the sing off, however, after Ruthj's performance, Laura came oiut looking defeated before she had even sung a note. She semed like she'd given up.

Diana - her best performance of the series so far. Can we have her singing like this every week please! :lol:

Did anyone see the Peter Kay spoof the other week? Geraldine singing at the piano, the kid with the sob story... I was beginning to thing Peter Kay was producing the X Factor last night!

It certainly wasn't the right two in the sing off, however, after Ruthj's performance, Laura came oiut looking defeated before she had even sung a note. She semed like she'd given up.

Diana - her best performance of the series so far. Can we have her singing like this every week please! :lol:

HAHAHAHA so its not just me then

Well here I go again.

Here is my verdict in order of Best to Worst:
Ruth - Sing off song was outstanding!! I love her and think she thought she was going
Laura - ROBBED!! but will do better being out of the competition Love her too
Alex - Really good but think she can do better
JLS - ??? good but not winners in my eyes
Rachel - OMG I used to love her but the tantrums are annoying me and someone needs to remind her that she can get voted out any time. Also she made a mistake going it alone. If I were Danni I would have said "NO!! I am your mentor you wouldnt be here without me and I will choose!!"
Owen (spelt Eughzxnfksi) - GET LOST!
Daniel - nice man but shouldnt have been there to start with
Diana - GOD KNOWS!! should have been out tonight

The only reason I will watch in future is so I can come here and join in LOL!!

What will we discuss when it ends???

Louis needs sacking, he has no interest in the acts, he just wants camera time

p.s OMG how out of tune was Rachel?!!

Stephen (the 6th Judge):lol::lol::lol:

Controversial....I am going to disagree with the 6th judge!!!!

Only about Laura though....I just didn't like her voice especially at the shouty bits of which there are waaaay to many ....I think Cheryl was right at the early stages when she said Laura sounded like Amy Winehouse...yeah Amy after a good drink!!!

Also I think JLS are getting better...or are my expectations just getting lower every week???

Other than that I am with you mate!!!

Am I the only one thinking that it is BECAUSE of the way she sings that Diana has a sore throat????

Louis Walsh....don't get me started :smack:

WTF???

I cant believe Laura has gone what are the public thinking and WHY is daniel still in it seems each week the good singers are being voted off and the CRAP ones are still there i dont get it!!

Rachel was awfull and im sick to death of her moaning and last nite she was so playing on it by not talking she was looking for the sypathy vote and well i guess she got it!!

ONE BIG JOKE:mad::mad:

I think Rachel annoyed me more last night than ever before. I really don't care what addictions she has had in the past, she ha now been given this fantastic opportunity and yet she is behaving like a spoilt brat! She needs to be thankful for where she is, what she is doing and stop whining.:evil:

it just seems that at the auditions the acts are great then the moment the mentors get their hands on them they transform them into something they are not. the song choices are never good. and like someone said when the acts do their sing off with a song of their choice it is always so much better and great to watch.
sick of the x factor now its loosing its touch.
x

I still love watching it, but you are right about the bit about when the mentors get hold of them.

I think JLS, Alexandra and Ruth will be in the final.

JLS look totally fab!! I love their image, their singing is good, but not amazing which is such a shame.

Ruth's sing off last night was totally brilliant !!

Poor Rachel looks like a woman defeated. All our clients want her off (it's the talk of the salon of course!!) I actually felt sorry for her last night

xx

Latest posts

Back