Who's top dog in your house ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillian w

Reaction score
Mostly its just subtle things like who holds the remote who always has the same seat that no one else sits in or moves when they come in.
Its funny how animalistic we can be just through this type of thing. If my husbands in he has to have the remote if my son is and my husband puts it it down he immediately grabs it.
Without intention I always serve my husbands dinner first,then my sons then my daughters.
I do consider myself an equal in the house to my husband but thinking of it there are definately lots of little things that say he is alpha male and my sons at the age where he is definately vying for a more dominant roll.

My dog is a little shih-tzu called Legend:hug:

In our house, the Pug is top dog in more ways than one lol...

I am........then the dog "Harvey".....hubby has to fight for 3rd place.
I get the biggest piece of chicken when I cook, never get the broken egg with a fried breakfast........I always have the remote......if hubby does manage to get the remote, I just wait until he falls asleep, the re take contol, usually only takes a few minutes.:lol:
x x :hug: :hug: x x

Me:green: Who knows how the washing machine works?
Who makes the best meat pies and cakes?
Who is willing to clean the toilet?
If he wants remote he can have it, he just has to make sure the computer is running otherwise its my programs on and I chat over his:green:

I guess in some ways I'm quite old fashioned and whilst I can be quite forceful in my opinions :green: hubby generally gets the final decision in things. I'm probably not a good example of modern woman! :rolleyes:

I dont think its being old fashioned ,i think its just settling into roles.
I never take rubbish out,mow the lawn or wash cars.
We both cook,Geoff better than me.I tend to do a lot more taxiing around with the kids and i have always given up my work time and other things if they are sick or at the dentist etc but then i dont earn anywhere near the same.

I dont think its being old fashioned ,i think its just settling into roles.
I never take rubbish out,mow the lawn or wash cars.

I agree, it's like that here, there are certain things that I do and certain things hubby does, but as regards the remote control, he has free reign, purely when I am on here of course! :lol::lol:

Hmmmm this is an interesting one for us...you wouldnt believe how many people have asked us which one of us "is the man":rolleyes::lol:

We both, do washing up, laundry, take care of the kids, iron, change the litter tray, walk the dogs, hoover, dust and cook...

But generally I am the bathroom cleaner, and tend to cook more (just cos I am better Lol)

Claire always takes the wheelie bin out and cuts the grass.....altho we both weed and stuff....

I have to say tho I tend to get the final say on everything!! Lol

Well for us..the top dog is...well...the dog ..our boxer MAX...little **** :)

In fact as I type im enjoying one of his many farts :irked:...good job I didnt say my wife then :eek:

Last edited:
In my house Noah is, he's not spoilt but he does know how to charm the socks off of us and almost everyone he meets. Then its me! :lol:

That said MrMin and I both cook, both do the laundry, both shop etc :)

Yep my chap is in charge of the remote for the t.v. My little boy has it until he gets home and as soon as he comes in from work he hands it to him. I can honestly say that I have no idea what buttons are on it or how to even use it ha ha x

Well my house is a womans house apart from the dog harvey.

I would say my mum is top dog of the house she does everything and i mean everything, i do get a say in things aswell but ill give her credit for doing everything. I do help occasionally when i can be bothered! lol
My dog does exactly what he wants and when we try and put him to bed he growls and refuses to move and goes to bed when it pleases him lol

But im always in charge of the remote and laptop lol

Depends which room we are in :lol:

No boss here ... its all very relaxed with no battles for power....:lol:

I think we're equal in mine as i refuse to do the 'womens jobs' all the time! We share the washing up, washing, tidying, cooking etc and other half can keep the remote- i have the lap top.
We both have our own seats where we sit but mine (with the laptop next to the plugsocket to charge it) is pretty much set in stone! But then balancing that, i do take charge of all the childcare issues most of the time and do the day to day cleaning. I also decide what we will eat etc (even if its not me cooking). Other half has the final say over major purchases as i cant be trusted with money :lol: but i organise the bills. I also have to take time off when my baby cant go to nursery for whatever reason, but then Other Half is the main breadwinner (for now :lol:).
And i win the arguments! (Because im always right!!)
So i think we're pretty equal. :green:

I am the boss in my house!

But then it is only me and my 9 year old daughter.

This is a good thread!

I used to be very dogmatic,but i tried to calm down:eek:...but having a strong personality i am top dog in our house....although as of late my father in law is pushing me to my limits...:eek::eek::irked:

For making desicions we talk about it,and then i always have the last word,as i never suffer fools gladly,and i am viscous when the lights are out:eek::eek::lol::lol:

Rich cooks,he cleans,i do the washing,and iron in front of the tv while watching Dallas:rolleyes::green:

Definitely me :)
Hubby cooks, cleans, shops, does housework, irons.
Got him well trained!
I don't shop and and i don't cook.
I do clean though but he will do it too.
It works well in my house-he does as he's told and everyone's happy!
Seriously though he sorts all the bills etc...
He will do anything and he is an absolute gem-but i'm still the boss :lol:

My three dogs were the bosses, my oldest Kai, usually wins any "packing orders" (2became three last week btw) which is why things changed, had to change, we walk when i say, we run on the beach when i drive them there. they sleep in my room, or id get no sleep at all, but in the past two days, yet have learnt to stay OFF the sofa, i thougt that would be impossible but its worked already - persistance is the key. when my man comes over at weekends, when he's not working, he sits where he likes and runs the tv cos he knows fridays he will get put infront of 2xcorrie and 1xeatcenders, he is glad bgt finished cos i ruled then, but mostly its just me and my pack, and i like it that way, they leave me in peace to do my nails, they hug me forever, theyre gratefull for their food, they love me unconditionaly (one hates the cats but thats another story) they would basicaly die for me if they had to and for that loyalty alone i could never repay them enough, yes, they are spoilt rotten, but they are happy, healthy and fun, and it rubs off on me too. i cant wait to get home to see their waggy tails as the car pulls up the drive and then them bounding all over me for hugs, its amazing and wouldnt change that for any man :)

Latest posts

Back