New enhancement application method?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well yes I agree Geeg, I have had training for everything else and am getting to grips with it all, roll on the unveil !:biggrin:

But think on this!!! Only 20 years ago, painters and decorators all used brushes to apply the paint ... now they all use rollers and still get a fabulous finish in half the time. Does using a roller make the paint job inferior?? No. Has it meant less business for the painters and deorators? No. Has it saved time and made those in the business more prosperous? Yes.
Think positive for a change ladies and gents.

So does this mean that the current method of L&P application will become obsolete or will it be used alongside the 'new' thing?

So does this mean that the current method of L&P application will become obsolete or will it be used alongside the 'new' thing?

Like anything there is room for both, and smart nail techs will want to know HOW TO.
THINK of the advantage this will give those who are competing with NSS and the discount salons!!
Why do most women go to these places??? Because they are so quick. These clients want speed above all else.
With this new method, they will get both speed and a consistently beautiful long-lasting result, using their preferred Liquid & Powder or gel.

Im very looking forward to this new idea... Im very much open for anything new.. Im always looking for ways forward - whether its nails or my life in general..

There must be new inventions in this world for the world to move on..

As long as its done correctly and professionally in the right way without causing harm to the natural nail... then a new method is very welcomed.

Im very looking forward to this new idea... Im very much open for anything new.. Im always looking for ways forward - whether its nails or my life in general..

There must be new inventions in this world for the world to move on..

As long as its done correctly and professionally in the right way without causing harm to the natural nail... then a new method is very welcomed.

Well said !! Open minds!! and Don't knock it till you've seen someone good try it!!

Does this mean the new application technique will be using the traditional creative products?

Will the traditional method of application need to be learned first before progessing onto the new one, or could people learn straight with the new method with CND?

And I also think....

for those of us who are afraid it might knock our 'professional skills' or 'take away our business'... I would suggest learning the new method.. use your knowledge and training.. add your own skills and create something new and beautiful with it.. something that an average d-i-yer is not able to achieve....

Its the same idea as the nss... dont dwell on it.. up your own skills so they cant compete...

Okay, now I really want to know: is this going to be available in the states, or just the UK?

Will this new method create enhancements that last as well as the traditional method?

What about rebalance/maintenance - will that be affected?

I have heard a few noises about something new. Oh I wish I was in the 'know'. I am such an impatient bunny - I can't stand the pain of waiting.:sad:

when this is released would some one do a thread on it with pics. I havent heard anything about this over here and would be great to see.
Between reverse application, traditional and now this it will a nice change to intermix diffferent techniques.

August suddenly seems so very, very far away.............................:lol::lol:

For those of you in the States, you will be seeing this soon I'm sure.

Will this new method create enhancements that last as well as the traditional method?

What about rebalance/maintenance - will that be affected?

I have heard a few noises about something new. Oh I wish I was in the 'know'. I am such an impatient bunny - I can't stand the pain of waiting.:sad:

YES

NO

You soon will be!!

I want to know what it is!!! dammit!!!!!:twisted:
and i cant make it to olympia either :sad:

However I still can't help but play devils advocate and say that if someone cannot see what makes a beautiful nail now, I am very curious as to how a new technique will give them the 'eye' :wink2: IYKWIM :hug:
The technique won't give them the eye - it does it for them. If they don't have the 'eye' they probably never will!

I hope this isn't just the "reverse method" with a new name, or something like that. I've pretty well mastered the traditional application method, so I guess I can take it or leave it, yanno? :)
Totally understand; read my 2nd post again as I explain there (I think;)) why excellent teks will enjoy 'playing' with this. This is NOT A CND product!!! I have no idea what they will do in America and when you do get it, it won't be under the name we have chosen. Hope this helps;)

If it is the mould thing and it will allow nail bars to knock out full sets in 30 mins, then wont it be detremental to those of us that have taken the time and done training to do L&P tip and overlay or sculpted enhancements, because the public will favour the 30 min cheaper full sets to the 1 hour plus more expensive ones,
Or do you think that its so innovative we will all be doing this instead?
Jac you get this anyway. No one is going to jump ship from your salon to them, it is analternative that is cool. May I say to all at this point that there will be education, step-by-steps and (hopefully soon) a website 'how to'.

Good question Jac :biggrin: So will it be the new way of doing things if so I am sure more will take up nails hence more sales for the nail companies :wink2:
Nooooooo!! It is A way of doing things and a less beautiful alternative. If teks make more money through something cool we can sell to them, then I am happy you will all make more money which in turn helps us too. I guess that is how business works and it is up to companies like us to source things to HELP YOU!

Please don't all get hung up on this being the new and ONLY way. I am introducing a NEW APPLICATION method that will HELP ALL teks in one way or another. Personally I will never love anything as much as my long almond hand made soft pink and whites with the new Performance Tip (which is bloody outstanding)!! BUT, when I have worn this method of application, I wore them short, painted and had no lifting what-so-ever. (all in the PREP I guess) but I needed a full set and needed one PDQ and I got a set of sculpts in 30 minutes!

Take it with some excitement and see it for what it really is! BTW thank you Adele, I guess I have to watch my back on the way out of the office tonight huh!!! :Look_righ;)

The name will be given soon! :Love:

I do think it does appeal as a quicker way to do a full set of sculpts and no doubt i will do the course and offer them in the salon, but i know that most of my regulars like having the time spent on them as its an hour to 2 hours peace with a chance to relax, but a great way as you say to get new clients that don't have alot of time on their hand and great for people that just want them for a weekend or something xxx

This situation reminds me of a mini mani compared to a mani. New technique can be used for the ones in a hurry in and out and you still get paid. Then there is the way we are doing it for the ones who want a little more time taken on them and willing to pay for the extra.

Personally I find a win win situation we get paid either way, we can market to a larger group and how is this a bad thing

This situation reminds me of a mini mani compared to a mani. New technique can be used for the ones in a hurry in and out and you still get paid. Then there is the way we are doing it for the ones who want a little more time taken on them and willing to pay for the extra.

Personally I find a win win situation we get paid either way, we can market to a larger group and how is this a bad thing
I dont see why we would charge less for this service
It is still a set of great CND nails but an express, say lunch time service for ladies in a rush, same charge i say, it will cost us just the same as a normal set but be quicker to do :wink2:

I shouldn't have read this thread...now i am to impatient in trying to find out what it is.
I am even surfing across the web like a lunatic to find out about it. When is it being revealed here on the salongeek? Can anybody tell me? please don,t tell me a few months more...:Scared:
Is it just a technique or does it involve a new range of products which are needed to be able to do it?

Wouldn't you just be able to do this with white tips and a quick gel overlay....no buffing required, a quick alternative to the NSS? 30-40 mins done and dusted? I can't imagine really what it can be.....if it's so good, why would I want to continue doing what I am doing and will we all convert to this quick fix alternative?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back